返回列表 发新帖
查看: 5478|回复: 44
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[阅读小分队] 【Native Speaker每日综合训练—34系列】【34-14】经管

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
#
发表于 2014-4-3 21:50:43 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |正序浏览 |阅读模式
Stay tuned to our latest post! Follow us here ---> http://weibo.com/u/3476904471

我们始终坚信,每一次阅读,都应是一次美妙的旅程
而工作组的使命就是带领大家领略阅读中的极致美景

由于受到网络限制,MP3的下载将后续提供,敬请谅解

Part I: Speaker

Taking Prescription Drugs

Paula: Okay, I’m off to bed.
Marcus: Wait a second. Where are you going with all of those pill bottles?
Paula: My doctor prescribed a couple of medications to help me sleep.
Marcus: Let me see those. You have four different medications here. This is a painkiller, this is a sedative, this is a tranquilizer, and this is a stimulant.
Paula: I don’t take that last one when I go to bed.
Marcus: You mean you take the first three every night?
Paula: Not every night.
Marcus: I can’t believe that your doctor would prescribe all three of these medications just to help you sleep. This seems like overkill.
Paula: I saw more than one doctor. They each gave me a different prescription.
Marcus: How do you know they won’t interact and produce side effects?
Paula: A doctor prescribed each one. I’m sure they’re safe.
Marcus: Yes, but does the left hand know what the right hand is doing? I’m confiscating these until you can talk to a doctor or pharmacist to make sure you won’t overdose by taking all three of these at one time.
Paula: But how will I fall asleep until then?
Marcus: You’re always telling me how boring I am. I’ll just regale you with stories of my youth. Let’s start at the beginning. My earliest memory is...

Source: ESLPOD
http://www.eslpod.com/website/show_podcast.php?issue_id=14964417

[Rephrase 1, 17:07]

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
收藏收藏 收藏收藏
44#
发表于 2014-4-13 08:15:09 | 只看该作者
speed
[196 words] 1'33
[291 words] 2'20
[262 words] 2'14
[271 words] 1'57
[227 words] 1'21
43#
发表于 2014-4-12 08:05:48 | 只看该作者
Time2 1'31''
Front-line employees determine the success of the enterprise. Executes always emphasize the significance of the front-line staff but executes talk little about front-line staff within the pyramid

Time3 2'22''
The author shows us some reasons why the radical thinking of the flipping the pyramid is difficult to conduct?  The most important challenge  the author think is the business environment.
And the author think the time is right.

Time4 1'35''
The upside-down view of thinking is needed and the key to the policy is the empowerment of bottom staffs and the perspectives from each layers.
Many top executes are envisioning to try to transfer the state quo.

Time5 2'22''
Staffs are ultimately responsible for execution. So the executives should motive staffs to achieve optimal performance by some radical actions.
Executives will begin to engage in the service of the staff or allocate their bonus to staff'education or so
Also, they should motivate personnel to commit to self-improvement by some motivation thus achieve peak-performance.

Time6 1'28''
In sum, though the change of organization have many difficulties and challenges, it's needed now for several reasons.

Obstacle 5'34''
The passage shows us some statistics and analysis of China's current economy from NBS.
1.  economy's growth was slower than the expansion of credit thus some potential defaults exist
2. The distribution of the increasing GDP is uneven because the government capital constitutes a large part ,almost 54% and the consumers' spending constitutes relatively small fragment.
3. The service industries outweighs the manufacture industries recently according to the chart, this phenomenon means that China's economy is now primarily based on doing things not making things .
4.income narrowing means that inequality of distribution is narrow. eg. immigrants from countryside earn more than previously because many firm's labor cost increases about 10-15%
5. That urban employment increases about 11.4m means that China's hinterland is not quite empty yet
42#
发表于 2014-4-10 12:09:50 | 只看该作者
T2  1‘27
T3  1'56
T4  1'39
T5  2'03
T6  1'45
O  5'01

Obstacle 基本记不得什么
41#
发表于 2014-4-8 16:38:54 | 只看该作者
Speaker

Taking Prescription Drugs

Marcus confiscated Paula's three different pill bottles in case she overdosed herself. Then he would regale Paula with stories of his youth.

Speed

Flipping the organization
Time 2
frontline personnel,
senior management layer,
little has been done to change it.

Time 3
executives have a vested interest
paradigm shifts come from outsiders
to avoid further crisis, time to be a bit ridical

Time 4
a super change is called, empower their associates

Time 5
staff members are ultimately responsible, training stimulus package, new ways of measuring and rewarding employees

Time 6
executive compensation continues to be greater
things need to change or many more US business institutions are likely to flail and falter.

Obstalce

Doing stuff, not making stuff
Paraphrase 7
3'49''

40#
发表于 2014-4-6 09:10:54 | 只看该作者
spk : pillbottles : medicine bottle
        sedative : calms you down to make you sleep
        stimulant : get you more motivated and energy
        overkill : too much of sth.
        confiscate:  to take sth away without permission
        pharmacist : someone prepare medicines, drugist
       regale : to tell story in a funny and interesting way
spd  :  1.09  most companies acknowleged their frontier staff are crucial in the compnay. but few of them want to flip the top-down stereotype in the company.
         1.37  top ladder people dont want to lose their benefit make the flip hard to implement. typically , the change led by an outsider without politically or financially benefit, and the American economy need this radical change.
         1.38  upside-down of organization is urgent needed, and each layer of company play the same important role in progress.
         1.35  Staff members are ultimately responsible for execution. put money on optimizing the staffs' performance is a wise decision.Finally, new ways of measuring and rewarding employee performance is required, too.
         1.22  to sum up, businesses must begin to flip the pyramid upside down and focus attention on the staff which ultimately deliver products and services to the customer, not on the excutives.
OB  :  4.25
39#
发表于 2014-4-5 21:47:31 | 只看该作者
2. 1:07
The front-line personnel are important at the process of production. They are people who directly connect to custmers, deciding the ultimately production. However, executives think that those people are least important and regard them as the bottem of pyramid. Why does this phenomenon happens?
3. 1:33
There is a paradox between the interest of the executive and the slipping of the pyramid. Executive does not want to lower his salary and luxury. It may be necessary to introduce the conception of outsider in determining the change.
4. 1:34
The executive should makes decision based on the opinion of customers. The voice from customer can be heard by the executive, who, in turn, focuses on a new respective and changes the strategy of marketing. However, they must empower his associates to achieve the vision while managing this year's budget.
5. 1:31
The staff members are ultimately responsible for execution and the flipping of pyramid is needed.
6. 1:04
The necessary to flip the pyramid.

obstacles:
A person recently visits a meticulous person Mr ye, a person is so cautious with accounts that he wrote all the items in detail. And he also donated some of his writing to NBS, provide more convince to his words.
He praises the NBS for the carefulness to conclude every item in the economy. From the NBS, we can infer the economy change. One change is that we are tranforming from making things to doing things. However, GINI coefficient is still high in our country. we need to pull it down.
And another finding about labour indicates a decline in the number of workforce. However, we should keep things in perspective. The fact that more people ready rush to cities to be workforces and some people not in the workforce age range in the statistics are likely to work.
38#
发表于 2014-4-5 19:28:56 | 只看该作者
辛苦楼主啦~~~
[Time2] 1’05
It is the front-line staff who meet directly with the customers and thus the most important part of the company. However, the fact turns out to be weird that those on the top of the pyramid are these executives, instead of the front-line personal.
[Time 3] 2’12
It is hard to flip the pyramid, since the executive groups now are still the mindset of the company. But, this kind of shift is essential for the people in the outside of the company.
[Time 4] 2’06
How to change the mind of the executives to comfort with the rule of “customers are priority”?
[Time 5] 2’10
To realize the project of ‘flipping the pyramid’, the executives must fully understand the importance of the front-line staff and also educate and compensate them.
[Time 6] 1’13
The bonus to the executives today seems unfair and such circumstance does no good for long-term development.
[Paraphrase 7] 5’26
37#
发表于 2014-4-5 14:49:08 | 只看该作者
小蘑菇开始打怪 发表于 2014-4-3 22:10
首页!!!

Dear little mushroom~
Glad to see you in the front page~ But you have to finish reading the passage within 3 days, otherwise, your message will be deleted.
36#
发表于 2014-4-5 14:39:54 | 只看该作者
kimwang53 发表于 2014-4-3 22:07
走过路过不能错过..

My dear Kuimwang~
Don't forget to have your passage read today~ you know I don't want to see your message being deleted.
35#
发表于 2014-4-5 11:44:24 | 只看该作者
1:00s
2:13s
1:23s
1:24s
1:09s
it is time to flip the pyramid.
the importance of the front-line personnel and paradox of the rank of them
its neccessity of transform the corporation
the first step is to adopt an upside-down view of the organization
and shift the attention of the senoir leaders to the work needed to promote the cultural change that flipping the pyramid represents
new ways of measuring and rewarding employee performance
4:28s
mainidea:the growth of China economy from the perspective of the householder's account
the account of Mr ye show some trend of the china economy growth
the finding show that the increase of the debt is faster than that of the econonmy.
but the rebalancing way of china economy lie in the the production way not the spending
the statistics show that the turnover of service has surplus that of production
the recent geni index is the most narrowing in few years,but many shed cast on it
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-5-8 03:56
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部