返回列表 发新帖
查看: 1479|回复: 3
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[argument] argument 69 求拍

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2012-5-20 19:08:33 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
In this memo the vice president of a large, highly diversified company recommend using Zata for their building project. In order to support this recommendation, the vice president explain his decision away as due to the following facts1)Zata building's expenses for maintenance last year were only half those of Alpha's;(2)the energy consumption of the Zeta building has been lower than that of the Alpha building every year since its construction;(3)Zeta has a stable workforce with little employee turnover. Close scrutiny of each of each of facts, however, reveals none of them provide credible support to the recommendation. There are 4 questions to be answered before the vice president convinces me.

First, is Alpha had any improvement over the past ten years, it is not good as Zata now? Since the momo contains no evidence on that, and all the information the momo provide is all about the building which is built ten years ago? I can't make the judgement. Even assuming that Alpha is better than Zata at present, the vice president can't convince me that adopt Alpha is a worse choice owing to Alpha promising lower construction cost on the basis of ensuring the same quality of construction, time limit for the project, good human resources.

Second, why two buildings had identical floor plans, but the building constructed by Zeta cost 30 percent more to build? The vice president provide no statistics on this. If the material, human resources cost, construction and so on is the same, Zata charges 30% more ,I would undoubtedly think Zata is more expensive than Alpha. So even if Zata is better than Alpha, the vice president further assuming that Zata is not expensive than Alpha even when Alpha promising a lower costs is not valid.

Third, the reason why the energy consumption and expenses for maintenance of the Zeta building has been lower than that of the Alpha building every year since its construction is the difference of construction or the atmosphere? In fact, Perhaps the atmosphere in Alpha building region is much worse, for example it offen has acid rain then corruption happens, it is hotter in summer and colder in winter, so need to use air-condition more frequently.

Forth, Zeta has a stable workforce with little employee turnover can represent that Zata will arrange stable workforce on this project? Actually it's possible Zata has a stable workforce on average but it don't have enough workforce at this moment for a new project so inquire a lot of fluid workers.

In sum, in order to convince me into accepting the vice president's recommendation, I need to know the answer to the above 4 question, meanwhile,the vice president must provide this evidence--perhaps by survey--that adopt Zata would bring about a better overall profit in a foreseeable future.

这一次速度好像比昨天快很多了,继续加油!
收藏收藏 收藏收藏
沙发
发表于 2012-5-20 22:11:08 | 只看该作者
求题目求提纲!
板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2012-5-21 09:55:19 | 只看该作者
呀,不好意思啊,我没有注意,下次不会了。
提纲:
1,现在和10年前相比,这两家公司有没有什么变化?
2,如果地板计划是一样的,是什么原因导致了Z比A贵?
3,Z比A能源消耗低,维修费用低,是因为建筑本身的原因,还是因为两地气候、环境有差异?比如说A建筑所在地夏天热而冬天很冷,经常下酸雨等。
4,Z人力比较稳定能代表Z在贵公司的项目上人员稳定吗?也许在整体上是稳定的,但是由于最近这段时间项目比较多,反而没有固定的人来参与这个公司的项目。
地板
 楼主| 发表于 2012-5-21 09:55:35 | 只看该作者
题目:
The following appeared in a memo from a vice president of a large, highly diversified company.
"Ten years ago our company had two new office buildings constructed as regional headquarters for two regions. The buildings were erected by different construction companies—Alpha and Zeta. Although the two buildings had identical floor plans, the building constructed by Zeta cost 30 percent more to build. However, that building's expenses for maintenance last year were only half those of Alpha's. In addition, the energy consumption of the Zeta building has been lower than that of the Alpha building every year since its construction. Given these data, plus the fact that Zeta has a stable workforce with little employee turnover, we recommend using Zeta rather than Alpha for our new building project, even though Alpha's bid promises lower construction costs."

Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the recommendation and the argument on which it is based are reasonable. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-5-11 01:29
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部