返回列表 发新帖
查看: 184313|回复: 683
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[校友答疑] Ask Jon Frank- P69-Q&A:WHY MBA? 7 OVERLOOKED REASONS TO GET AN MBA

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2010-9-18 13:02:13 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
Hello Chase Dream!  This is Jon Frank, HBS Class of 2005.  As many of you know, I have started to post here on ChaseDream, and we are so delighted that many people have been following our posts.  I founded my company ** in 2005, and ever since then we have been working with many MBA applicants to get them into the business schools of their dreams.  About 50% of our clients are international,and about half of our international clients are Chinese.  As you can imagine, Chinese are our fastest-growing demographic.  Last year, our Chinese clients attended Stanford, HBS, Wharton, and others!

We are an agency, and we work with hundreds of paying clients everyyear.  But here on ChaseDream, all of our advice and guidance is 100%free!  ?  We understand that many people can not afford us, which is why it is our pleasure to help everyone 100% free of charge here on ChaseDream.  A former Chinese client (now at Fuqua) recommended that we start to post here, and it has been a great idea!  So we have friends who help us with thetranslation, since my Chinese is so bad.  ? And we are always here to help you!  It is our pleasure to help.

So please, feel free to ask me questions on this board, and I will do my best to answer all of your questions.  We have interacted with many people here online, or through private emails to my HBS email address below.  And you can all find our company’s website by simply googling Jon Frank+HBS, and the name of our company **.There is much more information—all great, free information, on ourwebsite.  And we update it daily.

Thank you again for your warm welcome into the fabulous ChaseDream community, and good luck to everyone!  I hope I can be helpful to many of you, this year.

JonFrank
收藏收藏16 收藏收藏16
沙发
发表于 2010-9-18 13:27:44 | 只看该作者
先占楼!支持!
板凳
发表于 2010-9-18 14:12:55 | 只看该作者
Thank you !
地板
发表于 2010-9-18 14:40:17 | 只看该作者
It will be very helpful! Really appreciate that.
5#
发表于 2010-9-18 21:00:45 | 只看该作者
very smart move
6#
发表于 2010-9-18 21:03:05 | 只看该作者
hi Jon, I'm interested in your essay edit package, and wonder if you have some sort of edited sample? i noticed some other websites do have these demo documents, and the best i could describe their services are grammar proofread and basic word interchange. they don't change the way the story is told, and they don't add any passion into the work - i think that's the key difference between a native speaker and a Chinese applicant. although i have the passion, i can't effectively deliver that in the essay in a sophisticated way. so pls advise if I can get a sample of your work, or how deep you go into the editing job of an essay. Thanks. - Rachel
7#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-9-19 09:51:58 | 只看该作者
Hi everyone ,thanks a lot for  the kind notes.
hi Jon, I'm interested in your essay edit package, and wonder if you have some sort of edited sample? i noticed some other websites do have these demo documents, and the best i could describe their services are grammar proofread and basic word interchange. they don't change the way the story is told, and they don't add any passion into the work - i think that's the key difference between a native speaker and a Chinese applicant. although i have the passion, i can't effectively deliver that in the essay in a sophisticated way. so pls advise if I can get a sample of your work, or how deep you go into the editing job of an essay. Thanks. - Rachel
-- by 会员 iporcelain (2010/9/18 21:03:05)

Rachel, thanks so much for the thoughtful note.  We try not to discuss our specific packages online, the nice people who host us at ChaseDream don’t like for us to advertise our services here.    And of course we respect their opinion!  But yes, we absolutely do have samples (Before and After) that you can read.  You are 100% correct—our Chinese clients are often great at delivering the information very clearly.  Sometimes better than our US-based clients!  But when it comes to expressing passion, or nuance (even humor!) that can be very difficult for non-native speakers.  This is where we are, I believe, so helpful for our international clients.  And by the way, over 50% of our clients are from outside the USA.  Feel free to send me an email, either at our website which you can google, or at my HBS email below.  And I will send you (and anyone else that is interested) a free sample!

Thanks again and keep in touch.

Jon Frank
8#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-9-20 19:50:50 | 只看该作者
Heeello  everyone, how's going ? Hope all of you had a great weekend!
Someone asked me a question a while ago, I would like to share it here with all of you.Hope it can be somehow helpful.
Here we go :

与 stevencaoy 的对话:
Hi Jon, I am rising college senior and want to apply to business school right after graduation. I was wondering what kind of things the committe is looking for from a college applicant.

Hello there, it would be our pleasure to help you with your application. You do have a chance at being admitted this year, despite the fact that you dont have any full-time work experience.You will need to address the question of your AGE, and your maturity. That is, they will be looking for proof that you can handle yourself amidst older people, and that you can do the work.
So as we work with rising seniors, we recommend that you focus on three areas:  
1) Academic ability. This is the first step, and in many ways, the most important. You need to be perfectly clear about the fact that you are 100% as smart as ANYONE else in the class. You will keep up, you will understand, and you will not be overloaded. From an intellectual standpoint, you are 100% ready, if not MORE so than others.
Prove this by pointing to your grades, internships, awards, and ideally, a VERY high GMAT score.
2) Maturity. This is harder to prove.
3) Confidence. Schools such as HBS and Stanford especially have many case study-based classes. This means that you will need to feel comfortable speaking in front of a room full of people.

I hope this helps! Feel free to ask any more questions you may have--we work with countless rising seniors each yea, and we can help.

Jon Frank

(Thanks stevencaoy for your great question, good luck everyone  and keep in touch !)
9#
发表于 2010-9-20 21:20:11 | 只看该作者
Hi Jon~

I graduated from my undergard program in 2009, now completing my master degree in the US. I am an entrepreneur and already have a mid-size company. But the problem is many schools do value full-time work experiences. What advice will you give me to persuade those admission staff that I am mature enough to fit the MBA program.

I have some ideas but open to discuss.

Thanks,
Jingjing
10#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-9-21 09:42:55 | 只看该作者
Hi Jon~

I graduated from my undergard program in 2009, now completing my master degree in the US. I am an entrepreneur and already have a mid-size company. But the problem is many schools do value full-time work experiences. What advice will you give me to persuade those admission staff that I am mature enough to fit the MBA program.

I have some ideas but open to discuss.

Thanks,
Jingjing
-- by 会员 maurise (2010/9/20 21:20:11)

Hey there!  This is a great question, and one that is very difficult to answer without seeing any specifics about your future work experience.  But here is the best way to think about it—they assume that you are too young.  They assume that you don’t have the maturity that it takes to sit with a bunch of people who are older and more experienced than you are.  So your best advice will be to prove that you ARE that mature!   Tell stories in your application about the time when you negotiated with a man who was twice your age.  Tell stories in your app about the time that you led a team of five people, all of whom were older than you by ten years.  J  See what I mean?  You know what their fears are—that you are too young, and too inexperienced.  To immature.  So in your stories, RESPOND to these concerns.  Tell stories that paint you to be very wise for your age, and very comfortable leading teams and dealing directly with older people.  After all, that is what life will be like if you get into an MBA program…

I hope this helps—and good luck! Feel free to send me an email at our website if youd like more info about me or my company.  You can just Google our company name below.
Cheers!
Jon Frank
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-19 11:20
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部