【揽瓜阁语法打卡小分队】Day125

[复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2023-2-27 10:39:00 | 显示全部楼层
看一下!               
沙发
发表于 2023-2-27 12:21:25 | 显示全部楼层
Day125
1.(241)The test was easy enough that I mastered it after a simple brain transplant. The transplant, however, was expensive to such a degree that I had to take out a second mortgage.

A)The test was easy enough that I mastered it after a simple brain transplant. The transplant, however, was expensive to such a  degree that I had to take out a second mortgage.
B) The test was so easy for me to master after a simple brain transplant, but the transplant was so expensive that I had to take out a second mortgage.
C) The test was easy enough for me to master after a simple brain transplant. The transplant, however, was so expensive that I had to take out a second mortgage.
D) The transplant was so expensive that I had to take out a second mortgage but the test was so easy that i mastered it  after this  simple brain transplant.
E) The test was easier enough for me to master it after a simple brain transplant; however, transplant was so expensive that I had to take out a second mortgage.

2.(242)The iconoclastic fitness guru preaches three main principles: eat five apples per day, exercising before a two‐hour brunch, and that you must burn calories by re‐enacting action movies in your living room.

(A) The iconoclastic fitness guru preaches three main principles: eat five apples per day, exercising before a two‐hour brunch, and that you must burn calories by re‐enacting action movies in your living room.
(B) The iconoclastic fitness guru preaches three main principles , eat five apples per day, exercise before a two‐hour brunch, and that you must burn calories by re‐enacting action movies in your living room.
(C) The iconoclastic fitness guru preaches three main principles: eating five apples everyday day, exercising before a two‐hour brunch, and that you must burn calories by re‐enacting action movies in your living room.
(D) The iconoclastic fitness guru preaches three main principles: eat five apples per day, exercise before a two-hour brunch, and burn calories by re-enacting action movies in your living room.
(E) The iconoclastic fitness guru preaches three main principles: eating five apples per day, exercising before a two-hour brunch, and burning calories by re-enacting action movies in your living room.
语感选D,想到同位语选了E,其实D的eat是省略句。语法太难了。
3.(243)Birds' feathers, epidermal outgrowths consisting of shafts and veins interlaced with tiny barbs, serve various purposes; some aiding in flight, others insulating their bodies, and still others offering bright displays for mating rituals.

(A) feathers, epidermal outgrowths consisting of shafts and veins interlaced with tiny barbs, serve various purposes; some aiding in flight, others insulating their bodies, and still others offering
(B) feathers are epidermal outgrowths consisting of shafts and veins interlaced with tiny barbs; serving various purposes, aiding in flight, insulating the birds' bodies, and still offering
(C) feathers, which are epidermal outgrowths consisting of shafts and veins, and serve various purposes: some aid the birds in flight, others insulate the birds' bodies, and still offer
(D) feathers are epidermal outgrowths consisting of shafts and veins interlaced with tiny barbs; serving various purposes, with some aiding in flight, others insulate their bodies, with others still offering
(E) feathers, epidermal outgrowths consisting of shafts and veins interlaced with tiny barbs, serve various purposes: some aid in flight, others insulate the birds' bodies, and still others offer

4.(244)The moon’s gravitational pull, not only on the ocean water closest to the moon but also on the Earth itself, results in the twice-daily cycle of the tides.

A. The moon’s gravitational pull, not only on the ocean water closest to the moon but also on the Earth itself, results in the twice-daily cycle of the tides.
B. Resulting from the moon’s gravitational pull, not only on the ocean water closest to the moon but also on the Earth itself, the tides undergo a twice-daily cycle.
C. The moon pulls gravitationally not only on the ocean water closest to the moon but also on the Earth itself, with the result of the twice-daily cycle of the tides.
D. The moon pulls gravitationally not only on the ocean water closest to the moon but also on the Earth itself, with the resulting twice-daily cycle of the tides.
E. The tides undergo a twice-daily cycle because of the moon pulling gravitationally not only on the ocean water closest to the moon but also on the Earth itself.

5.(245)Jan Micker’s 1652 masterwork Bird’s Eye View of Amsterdam, which had been painted long before such a vantage point became possible, features spatial relationships that are more subtle and intricate than in most other seventeenth-century Dutch paintings.

(A) which had been painted long before such a vantage point became possible, features spatial relationships that are more subtle and intricate than in
(B) painted by the artist long before such a vantage point was to become possible, and featuring spatial relationships that are more subtle and intricate than those in
(C) which the artist painted long before the possibility of such a vantage point, featuring spatial relationships that are more subtle and intricate than the ones in
(D) painted long before the possibility of such a vantage point, with spatial relationships that are more subtle and intricate than the ones in
(E) painted long before such a vantage point became possible, features spatial relationships that are more subtle and intricate than those in

6.(246)The new house's front door is secured by an electronic lock; a feature that not only allows residents to lock and unlock the door without physical keys, but also may prevent them from entering the house during a power outage.

(A) a feature that not only allows residents who lock and unlock the door without physical keys, but also may prevent
(B) a feature allowing residents without a physical key to lock or unlock the door, but also possibly preventing
(C) a feature allows residents locking or unlocking the door without physical keys, but also possibly preventing
(D) this feature allows residents to lock and unlock the door without a physical key, but may also prevent
(E) this feature not only allows residents without physical keys to lock or unlock the door, but also prevents
语义没有递进关系,是转折

7.(247)Used until the end of the Second World War, the German army employed the U-boat to attack both military or civilian watercraft.

A. the German army employed the U-boat to attack both military or
B. the U-boat was employed by the German army to attack both military and
C. the U-boat employed the German army to attack both military or
D. the German army had employed the U-Boat to attack both military and the
E. the U-boat has been employed by the German army to attack both military and also

8.(248)According to a recent study, Earth's magnetic north pole is moving away from Alaska and toward Siberia so rapidly, within 50 years, that the swirling green auroras of the Northern Lights might be visible in cities as far south as Rome, which is located at 41º north latitude.

(A) rapidly, within 50 years, that the swirling green auroras of the Northern Lights might be visible in cities as far south as Rome, which is
(B) rapidly, within 50 years, people may be able to see the swirling green auroras of the Northern Lights in cities as far south as Rome and
(C) rapidly that, within 50 years, the swirling green auroras of the Northern Lights may be visible from cities as far south as Rome,
(D) rapidly such that, within 50 years, people might be able to see the swirling green auroras of the Northern Lights from cities as far south as Rome, and
(E) rapidly that, within 50 years, the swirling green auroras of the Northern Lights might be visible by people in cities far to the south; such as Rome,

9.(249)Unlike modern irrigation techniques, in which water is carefully distributed in small amounts rather than allowed to flow freely, the ancient Romans created systems of canals that often flooded and thus wasted water.

A. the ancient Romans created systems of canals that often
B. the irrigation methods of the ancient Romans consisted of systems of canals that often
C. the ancient Roman irrigation methods often were systems of canals that
D. the ancient Romans had canal systems for irrigation that were often
E. the methods of ancient Roman irrigation were systems of canals that often

10.(250)Sleeping pills had been showing up with regularity as a factor in traffic arrests, sometimes involving drivers who later claim that they have no memory of getting behind the wheel after ingesting the pills.

(A) Sleeping pills had been showing up with regularity as a factor in traffic arrests
(B) Sleeping pills had been showing up with regularity as factors in traffic arrests
(C) Sleeping pills have been showing up with regularity as a factor in traffic arrests
(D) Sleeping pills have been showing up with regularity as factors in traffic arrests
考语义
(E) Sleeping pills have been showing up with regularity in traffic arrests

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

IESE MBA
近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-5-10 01:29
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部