ChaseDream

标题: 【Native Speaker每日综合训练—36系列】【36-11】科技 Steve Jobs's Death [打印本页]

作者: cherry6891    时间: 2014-5-12 23:21
标题: 【Native Speaker每日综合训练—36系列】【36-11】科技 Steve Jobs's Death
内容:cherry  编辑:铁板神猴

Stay tuned to our latest post! Follow us here ---> http://weibo.com/u/3476904471

提起 Steve jobs,有太多值得思考和讨论的话题,传奇的成功经历,特立独行的商业理念,甚至他的英年早逝都带给我们一些启迪,这期主要针对乔布斯的病情和治疗,为什么最初不愿接受外科手术治疗癌症?
关爱自己 每年体检 把疾病遏制在萌芽状态 (貌似有点不搭)
但借这个机会我想这个机会提醒女童鞋们,一定定期乳房检查,如果有条件可以注射宫颈癌疫苗,这两个是女性最高发的癌症,但是只要及时干预,都可以预防

Part I: Speaker

CBS 60 Minutes special on Steve Jobs, Part 2

注:part 2 由于提到了Steve的死因,作为今天的作业内容;part 1作为补充兴趣素材,可自选。

Source: Youtube/CBS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c_e6Oa21zE

[Rephrase 1, 13:00]
[attach]143302[/attach]
[attach]143303[/attach]   

[If You'd Like]

作者: cherry6891    时间: 2014-5-12 23:22
Part III: Obstacle

[attach]143307[/attach]

Harvard Cancer Expert:
Steve Jobs Probably Doomed Himself With Alternative Medicine

[Paraphrase 7]
Steve Jobs had a mild form of cancer that is not usually fatal, but seems to have ushered along his own death by delaying conventional treatment in favor of alternative remedies, a Harvard Medical School researcher and faculty member says. Jobs's intractability, so often his greatest asset, may have been his undoing.

"Let me cut to the chase: Mr. Jobs allegedly chose to undergo all sorts of alternative treatment options before opting for conventional medicine," Ramzi Amri wrote in an extraordinarily detailed post to Quora, an online Q&A forum popular among Silicon Valley executives. "Given the circumstances, it seems sound to assume that Mr. Jobs' choice for alternative medicine has eventually led to an unnecessarily early death."

Amri went on to say that, even after entering conventional medical care, the Apple CEO seemed to eschew the most practical forms of treatment. Addressing the period when Jobs began to visibly shed weight, Amri wrote, "it seems that even during this recurrent phase, Mr. Jobs opted to dedicate his time to Apple as the disease progressed, instead of opting for chemotherapy or any other conventional treatment."

When we contacted Amri at his Harvard Medical School email address to verify the post was his—he's a researcher in the department of surgery at the medical school and research fellow at Massachusetts General Hospital—Amri emphasized, "I wrote that on a PERSONAL title and it's my PERSONAL opinion." On Quora, Amri expressed his "profoundest respect" for Jobs and that "I do not pretend to know anything about the case on a personal level and I never participated in the care of Mr. Jobs. I base all my cancer figures on my own research or sources from biomedical research known to me... I have done 1.5 years of research on the type of tumor that affected Steve Jobs and have some strong opinions on his case."

According to a 2008 Fortune article, Jobs for nine months pursued "alternative methods to treat his pancreatic cancer, hoping to avoid [an] operation through a special diet." The Buddhist vegetarian took this approach from the time he was diagnosed in October 2003 until at least the end of July 2004, when he underwent surgery at Stanford University Medical Center.

By then the cancer was so far along Jobs had to lose his pancreas and duodenum in a "Whipple procedure." The cancer also spread to all the major parts of his liver. "The only reason he'd have a transplant," wrote Amri, "would be that the tumor invaded all major parts of the liver, which takes a considerable amount of time." Amri said the Whipple procedure and liver transplant were clear signs the cancer was out of control and should have been stopped earlier.
The condition might have been nipped in the bud if Jobs had acted right away. Jobs's cancer manifest in neuroendocrine tumors, which are typically far less lethal than the "pancreatic adenocarcinoma" that make up 95 percent of pancreatic cancer cases. Amri said neuroendocrine tumors are so "mild" that...

"In my series of patients, for many subtypes, the survival rate was as high as 100% over a decade... As many as 10% of autopsied persons in the general population have been reported to have one of these without ever having had any symptoms during their life. Up to 30% of detected GEP-NETs are so well differentiated they're strictly not cancers."

But even "the most innocent cancer" needs to be removed quickly, which is why older men are always being lectured about colon cancer screenings; colon cancer tumors are thought to begin as removable polyps. In Jobs's case, surgical removal may well have saved him if performed early enough, Amri implies. He wrote:

"In many cases, a simple enucleation (just cutting out the tumor with a safe margin around it) is enough and leaves no residual side-effects."
The cancer researcher made his comments about Jobs because he was looking for a lesson in his case. Doctors routinely face the ethical conundrum of being unable to treat patients because they've exercised their freedom to reject sound medical science.

But there is also, thankfully, a much clearer and easier lesson for patients in Jobs's experience: Do not waste time. Don't waste time by ignoring advice to get screened; don't waste time by drowning yourself in research about your condition; and don't waste time by delaying medically recommended treatment in the hops that something else will work.

"We saw the tumor slowly draining the life out him," Amri wrote of Jobs. "It was a horrible thing to see him lose weight and slowly turn into a skin and bones form of himself."

That, in the end, may prove the most compelling reason to forgive the brilliant CEO his many faults: Of all the people who suffered on the dark side of his headstrong, iconoclastic decisionmaking, it was Jobs himself who appears to have paid the biggest price.
[815 words]

Source: Gawker
http://gawker.com/5849543/harvard-cancer-expert-steve-jobs-probably-doomed-himself-with-alternative-medicine

作者: cherry6891    时间: 2014-5-12 23:22
Part II: Speed

[attach]143306[/attach]

Steve Jobs Regretted Wasting Time on Alternative Medicine

[Time 2]
Everyone else wanted Steve Jobs to move quickly against his tumor. His friends wanted him to get an operation. His wife wanted him to get an operation. But the Apple CEO, so used to swimming against the tide of popular opinion, insisted on trying alternative therapies for nine crucial months. Before he died, Jobs resolved to let the world know he deeply regretted the critical decision, biographer Walter Isaacson has told 60 Minutes.

"We talked about this a lot," Isaacson told 60 Minutes of Jobs's decision to treat a neuroendocrine tumor in his pancreas with an alternative diet rather than medically recommended surgery. "He wanted to talk about it, how he regretted it....I think he felt he should have been operated on sooner... He said, 'I didn't want my body to be opened...I didn't want to be violated in that way.'"

Ramzi Amri, a Fullbright scholar researching neuroendocrine tumors at the Harvard Medical School and at Massachusetts General Hospital, said the tumors of the subtype Jobs is believed to have contracted are "relatively mild" and very survivable if detected early. But Jobs delayed surgery for at least nine months, making it "sound to assume that Mr. Jobs' choice for alternative medicine has eventually led to an unnecessarily early death."

Says Isaacson:
He's regretful about it... Soon everybody is telling him, 'Don't try and treat it with these roots and vegetables and these kinds of things...' By the time they operate on him they notice it has spread to the tissues around the pancreas.

[253 words]

[Time 3]
To understand Jobs's prognosis, it is necessary to appreciate the precise type of cancer he had, and the subtype he is believed to have had. First, Jobs's neuroendocrine tumor, also called an islet cell tumor, put him outside the 95 percent of pancreatic cancer victims who have highly fatal adenocarcinoma.

Second, Jobs is believed to have contracted one of the more survivable neuroendocrine tumors. It had several characteristics weighing the initial prognosis favorably, had Jobs acted as doctors recommended:

•        It was apparently functional, meaning it produced hormones, hence the "hormone imbalance" that Apple eventually acknowledged. These sorts of tumors are more "differentiated" from other cells and are thus considered less progressed and easier to treat.

•        Jobs's tumor did not initially appear to have metastasized, as there were no outward signs of chemotherapy, though after being left untreated it did become metastatic and spread to his liver.

•        The tumor was in Jobs's pancreas, among the more survivable locations a neuroendocrine tumor can appear.

•        Insulinoma, the type of tumor Jobs was most often reported and speculated to have had, is also among the more survivable types.

•        The five-year survival rates on this chart give a good indication of the prognosis for insulinoma (88.7 percent) and tumors located in the pancreas (78.1). It also shows how much more lethal metastasic and non-function tumors—of the type Jobs is believed NOT to have had, at diagnosis—can be.

•        If you want more details, we've included some notes Amri sent us by email below. But suffice it to say, Jobs's instinct for defiant iconoclasm and his insistence on unconventional approaches did not, in the end, serve him as well as it served Apple's customers and shareholders. And it seems clear Jobs knew this, and wanted the rest of us to know it, too.

[304 words]

[Time 4]
Additional Medical Details

Here's how Amri explained things when we asked him on email about a particular type of neuroendocrine tumor with a lower survival rate ("non-functioning metastatic islet cell tumors," whose survival rate is only around five years):

That number could very well be true, but there are two reasons it doesn't apply to Jobs (and again, we're on the border of speculation but it's based on hard number and what Jobs said):

The metastatic part: Metastasis means the tumor spread outside its original site. His tumor probably wasn't metastatic until when Jobs spoke of that "hormonal imbalance", I believe in '08 (source is easy to google). That was also the reason for his liver transplant: his liver was probably invaded by metastatic disease. If he had mets before, he certainly didn't treat them as we'd have seen the obvious signs of chemotherapy appear.

The nonfunctional part, nonfunctional in those tumors means the cells degenerated to the point that they cannot carry out their original function, in this case, as I said in my first point, Jobs spoke about a "hormonal imbalance" when the disease recurred somewhere as late as '08/'09. This means the tumor was -even then- clearly still producing hormones, proving it was a functional one, which is far less deadly than the nonfunctional ones.

This so-called called loss of differentiation is actually a strong predictor of how bad the tumor is in many cancers. The less differentiated it is, the more reckless it will be in its growth pattern and its tendency to spread.

For instance, in my colon cancer patients, they're about 8 times as likely to develop or already have metastasis if their tumor is poorly differentiated as compared to well or even moderately differentiated tumor.

The subtype: so Jobs didn't have a nonfunctioning one, but from what I read (please google to double-check) he even had an insulinoma, which is actually the most common and best treatable type.

He also had it in the pancreas, which is known to have one of the best prognosis averages.

Combine the two in this table comparing the different kinds of neuroendocrine tumors, add up the extraordinary level of care a man like Jobs can access and afford and you can see what I mean about his considerable chance of cure, hope it helps.

[384 words]

[Time 5]
Amri also fielded questions (in italics) about this Slate piece:

1. "Islet-cell cancer, like Jobs and I had, is usually curable when caught early" - this seems to fit with what you wrote. Is "curable" the right word, i.e. it's gone and you don't die from it?

1 - Absolutely. If you're on time, you can resect the tumor (depending on the site) without even needing to remove the pancreas or any other organ.

And since you're early, the chances of it coming back as a recurrence from the original tumor are small.

There could always be an independent recurrence, if you have a familial disease that makes you at risk of developing these nasties (google MEN-1 for the most common example) but there's no indication this was the case for Jobs and -one again- seen the level of care he can afford, I'm pretty sure that has been checked on him. It you do not have a familial disease, it's like lightning striking twice at the same place. It happens, but with these tumors, that's really, really unusual.

2. "After I was diagnosed, I was told that modern medicine doesn't have chemotherapy or radiation to use against islet cells. ("We've got nothing that works" went the refrain.) " I noticed in your piece you mentioned Jobs seemed to eschew chemo; would he have had a choice?

2 - I think that was specific to his own case and his own subtype of islet-cell tumor.
[245 words]

[Time 6]
In general, and especially if Jobs had a well-differentiated insulinoma, there are many treatment options, but when you're early and the tumor is small enough, surgery is by far the best, in most cases you take the tumor out locally, check the local lymph nodes and if there is no spread in the nodes, you can confidently release the patient without any lasting side-effects, a low risk of recurrence and only a checkup consisting of a scan an labs every year or so as long as symptoms don't come back.

- Chemo doesn't always work and works in only about 10-20% of cases if the tumor is in the intestines or the stomach, but if it's in the pancreas, some agents have been FDA approved and can help much more often.

Also, these numbers might appear worse than they really are because only the worst cases actually get chemo because most won't need it at all. If you treat only the bottom, the average success will of course be low.

- There's also radiotherapy with special isotopes that will be absorbed by the endocrine tumor cells that helps a lot if the tumor is metastatic.

- If that doesn't help there's the option of partial resection of the liver instead of removing the whole thing. The liver has the amazing faculty to partially regrow so a lot of the liver can be resected before the patient actually has a problem. This option is only available to those cases where the tumor is confined to either the right or left lobe, or in milder cases, only one of its eight so called Couinaud Segments.

All of that is usually tried before one refers to a liver transplant. If only because livers are very scarce organs and transplants to cancer patients are not always a good idea because of the immune-system suppressing drugs used to prevent rejection. They also partly suppress the body's own immune reaction to any cancer growths, making the cancer more prone to spread.

[335 words]

Source: Gawker
http://gawker.com/5851835/steve-jobs-regretted-wasting-time-on-alternative-medicine

作者: hysteries    时间: 2014-5-12 23:24
来占~~~~~~

【Speed】
time2 00:01:16.84
Everyone else wanted Jobs to move aganst his tumor, however, Jobs insisted not to be violated in the way that opening his body.
He was actually regretted about that the time when is was too late to have the surgery.  

time3 00:01:14.78
Things have been proved that the cancer is more survivable and easier to treat.

time4 00:01:47.55
The author speculates that the cancer is the most common one which can be cured with a high possibilities.

time5 00:00:46.21
Jobs seems to eschew chemo

time6 00:01:28.96

【Obstacle】
00:05:35

作者: 醒醒Shine    时间: 2014-5-12 23:24
1- 额 木有找到播放钮
2-1:36
3- 2:25
4- 2“53
5- 3:56
6-5:10

今天的文章跟我的签名好符合……
作者: 疏离无罪    时间: 2014-5-12 23:26
占~~~~~~~~~~~~·

Speaker: The comment of the life of Jobs,what he has achieved and what he brought to the world.Talking about his family and his daughter.Jobs refued the surgery because he did not trust it.And he continued to deny his liver cancer in the later years and kept working on his ideas and products.He still worked till he died.

01:32
Steve Jobs was trying to use alternative therapies to replace the surgery.But the delay of 9-month surgery lead him to death.

01:26
The cancer is caused by a kind of tumor that can be easily treated and has high survival rate.But the delay of surgery lead it spread to the liver.

02:19
According to a doctor,Jobs's tumor is the most common and best treatable type and is located in the most survivalable area.

01:18
The cancer is curable if the discovery is eraly and Jobs does not have a familial disease. Jobs seemed to eschew chemo.

01:26
It gives out many options that Jobs can choose to cure his cancer.

05:02
Main Idea: Jobs lead himself to death.
Jobs insisted on alternative remedies to avoid operations to cure his cancer,which lead him to unnecessary early death.But even he entered the conventional medical care,he would eschew most partical forms of treatment.He dedicated most of his time to Apple.
His alternative remedies and special diet to avoid operation gives cancer enought time to spread all his liver and other tissues,which let the curable cancer becomes fatal.If the tumor can be removed quickly,he can be still alive now.
His experience gives us a lesson.Don't waste time on treatment.

作者: 苏错    时间: 2014-5-12 23:28
谢谢cherry~~~  
偶回来了~~学校终于定下来, 论文也差不多了,继续跟进小分队!Fighting!~

Speaker:The history of Jobs and iPhone.
all products such as hardware, software --> easier buy, the personality or passions
of Jobs attract us -->Life changed --> His family
Speed:
Time2:1'05
The surgey of Steve Jobs was delayed because he didn't not want his body to be opened.
All his family and friends had tried hard to get him an operation.
Time3:1'32
The reasons for Steve to pay less attention to his tumor
and why he want us to know how much he regreted.
Time4:1'55
More details about why the reasons mentioned don't apply to Jobs.
The metastatic part & The nonfunctional part.
Time5:0'55
Time6:1'37
Early treatments can increase the possiblities of curing cancer.
Obstacle:4'21
Jobs devoted all his time to his company instead of taking conventional medicine.
He wanted to avoid the operation through diet.
Experiences: All doctors and researchers approve that the patients are supposed
to take medical treatments.

作者: xiaofan0205    时间: 2014-5-12 23:37
我也来了……

Speaker:
This part is too long, so I just listened some of it. First, the host introduces Steve Jobs and his cancer, then there is a woman talks about Steve Jobs as a inventor, just like Thomas Edison. Although he was not a easy person to work with, he did contribute the most important creativity to Apple. Next, a reporter drop by a Apple store in Shanghai after his death to take some photoes, there were tons of people there and some of them even can't afford any product in the store, there was a guy said that he was inspired by Steve Jobs's speech and decided to do something he like.

Time2: 1'24"
Time3: 1'51"
Time4: 2'12"
Time5: 1'31"
Time6: 2'06"
Steve Jobs regretted wasting time on alternative medicine. To understand Jobs's prognosis, it is necessary to appreciate the precise type of cancer he had, and the subtype he is believed to have had.
First, Jobs's neuroendocrine tumor put him outside the 95 percent of pancreatic cancer victims who have highly fatal adenocarcinoma.
Second, Jobs is believed to have contracted one of the more survivable neuroendocrine tumors. It had several characteristics weighing the initial prognosis favorably, had Jobs acted as doctors recommended.
Additional medical details about a particular type of neuroendocrine tumor with a lower survival rate, that number could very well be true, but there are two reasons it doesn't apply to Jobs: The metastatic part and The nonfunctional part.
In general, and especially if Jobs had a well-differentiated insulinoma, there are many treatment options, but when you're early and the tumor is small enough, surgery is by far the best.

作者: 菜农人民    时间: 2014-5-12 23:57
Time2 1:54
SJ rejected to have a operation against his tumor,althouth his wife and friends insisted him to have one. SJ was regretful. RA thought that SJ might not too early to die if he had the operation.

Time3 2:47
several characteristis about Jobs's tumor.....

Time4  2:29
some details about J's disease. the tumor is more survival, but there are two reasons that do not apply to Jobs.

Time5 1:41
the islet tumor is curable if they were checked early

Time6 2:23
why J eschew cheo? because of his subtype node, the chemo was unuseful.....

Obstacle 6:57

作者: 小蘑菇开始打怪    时间: 2014-5-13 00:12
还有首页嘛!
-------------
谢谢楼主!~

speaker:
when SJ was dead, Apple is the second biggest corporation in the world
the invention of iPhone
it is easy for you to drown into the Apple world and buy all the products of Apple
SJ was abandoned by his biological mother
he did want his body to be opened, so he did not accept any operation to cure the cancer even there was a great possibility for him to live
but when he accepted the operation, it is too late, the tissue has spread
sometimes I believe in god, sometimes I don’t

time2:
SJ felt regretful not choosing to do the operation in the early stage of the cancer
it is too late after 9 months SJ decided to do the operation because the tissues have spread around the pancreas

time3:
because of some misunderstanding of the cancer, SJ chose an unconventional way to treat the cancer
however, we can see from the result that, the work SJ done contribute nothing to his desert and if he could choose the conventional way of operation earlier, he may live longer

time4
from the words SJ had said and the appearance of SJ, the author speculates that the tumor SJ had is the most common one and can be cured with a pretty high possibilities

time5:
the analysis of the possibility whether the tumor could be cured and the medicine he may need if the diagnosis is accurate

time6:
some treatments and the possibilities they will work
there are many choices before the transplant of the liver and the worry of SJ is unnecessary

time7:
SJ ushered along his own death by delaying conventional treatment
Amri said all the reports are in his personal view
nine months later, the situation is really serious
if SJ accepted the operation earlier, there is about 95 percent of possibilities he could live
surgical removal may well have saved him if performed early enough
do not waste time
Jobs himself appears to have paid the biggest price

想起一句话来 no zuo no die why you try知道这么说乔布斯不好,可是,为什么不早治疗啊~!!

作者: wnj2611339    时间: 2014-5-13 00:18
-----Speaker
The Apple company is the only company that have the whole control of its hardwares and softwares.
Steve Jobs was not materalistic at all, and only lived in a normal place. During his life, he searched his biologic father and mother. Not until nine months after he was detected tumor did he take an operation, and he instead tried to treat the tumor with diets and do it microbiotically. Unfortuanately, the operation was too late. Even during the later stage of his cancer, he denied to himself and the public that he was very ill. Meanwhile, he was still hoping the he would be saved. He started to focus on his family and to think of God and afterlives.

----Speed
[Time 2]1'39''
Steve Jobs regretted wasting time on alternative medicine and not taking an operation right away.
[Time 3] 2'14''
It is understandable that Job prognosed his cancer favobally. The first reason is that the tumoris Jobs had was a precise type of cancer, which is less fatal than other neuroendocrine tumor. The second reason is that Jobs is believed to have contracted one of the more survivable neuroendocrine tumors.
[Time 4]3'22''
Additional Medical Details explained by Amri show two reasons that Steve Jobs would have had considerable chance of cure to his cancer.
[Time 5] + [Time 6] 4'57''
Amri answered questions to show that Job's Islet-cell cancer could have been cured if it had been treated early. Amri also showed that there were many treatment options for this kind of cancer.

----Obstacles 6'40''
Job's cancer could have been cured if he chose to cure his cancer with a conventional way rather than with other alternative medicines. Jobs's experience taught us a lesson that even "the most innocent cancer" needs to be removed quickly and no time should be waste.

作者: flyzhangzwl    时间: 2014-5-13 01:27
把23456合在一起读了:11:21
obstacle: 5:43
to the case of job's, the survival rate was as high as 100% over a decade.
unfortunately, job waste crucial nine months to look for other methods instead of operation, and when hedecided to take the operation, it is too late.
job has to pay the biggest price for his wrong decision.

作者: TINGYI-2014    时间: 2014-5-13 01:41
2’30 someone say j was regret
2’24 some detail about the tomor
3’05 explan the cancer
3’32 more detailed
5’24 that steven refused to take the surgery earlier lead to his early death
天使说,我们也想用iphone,所以乔布斯去天上讲课了~
作者: kimwang53    时间: 2014-5-13 07:30
speaker
the brief introduction of steve and his company.
he live in a normal house and normal life after being rich.
the cancer can be cured. but steve didn't get the cure cuz he didn't want his body be opened at the beginning.
he continued to work in the last few years.
he believed in god a bit more after being sick.
作者: hhd0530    时间: 2014-5-13 07:40
晚上回来做
掌管 5        00:02:08.75        00:10:14.61
掌管 4        00:01:31.52        00:08:05.86
掌管 3        00:02:22.78        00:06:34.33
掌管 2        00:02:23.45        00:04:11.54
掌管 1        00:01:48.09        00:01:48.09

time 2
although others wanted him to be operated, SJ reject to do it, causing his earlier death

time 3
the characters and dager of SJ's tumor
if he had follow what the doctors said, he would have died

time 4
SJ had tumors at a type that could be probably cured, if he search for cure early

time 5
2 q & 2 a
1.this cancle can be cured?
  yes--if search for help early and is not genetic
2.???

time 6
the surgery could be useful only when it is the early tumors time and tumors do not spread away

作者: cherry6891    时间: 2014-5-13 08:18
惭愧 太麻烦猴哥了

Time 2 3  3’50’’
jobs was regretabout the time he waste on alternative therapies
the tumor jobshad is islet cell tumor which is not a high fatal adenocarcinoma
time 4 3’01’’
Generally, thesurvival rate of patients who cured“non-functioning islet cell tumors” isaround 5 years
But that doesnot apply to Jobs in parts based on what he said
The metastaticpart, the tumor does not spread until he spoke of “hormonal imbalence”
The nonfunctionalpart, what Jobs had before is functional and is less deadly
Time 5 1’42’’      Q&A
If one patientscreened tumor like Jobs had early, u can resect the tumor without remove anyother organ
\chemo andradiation do not work on the tumor Jobs had
Time6 2’20’’
Surgery is thebest solution if the tumor is small
Chemo works ononly 10%-20% of cases of tumor while radiation works on the tumor if it ismetastatic
Liver transplantis not a good choice until u need to because immune-system suppressing drugs utake will also suppress body immune reaction

Obstacle:
In the opinion of A the alternative therapylead to the early death of Jobs
During the recurrent phase, Jobs opted to stayin Apple instead of opting chemo or any other conventional treatment
The experiencewe should learn from the case of Jobs

作者: leo688    时间: 2014-5-13 10:11
第一次,期望坚持下去到胜利!
作者: ffffionabear    时间: 2014-5-13 10:18
__________感恩的分界线~楼猪么么哒~~mua! (*╯3╰) 进击的阅读小分队——————
[speaker]
Steve Jobs believe that he is different,he is the child chosen.Altought he is adopted,he has the geographic advantage.He isn't a great manager to his employees for he so deep into argument.
fact:The commercial genius,Steve Jobs died for cancer which should be cured.Why this brilliant man did such a stupid thing?
background: According to Steve's description of his personal family,we know that he was adopted.He didn't know his birth parents until he grown up.At that time he feel something lost,so he began to seek for his lost father and eagered to be famous.Then he succeed by his magical thinking.
reason:
1.fluke and magical thinking:When he was diagnosed with cancer,he had a fancy thinking that his body shouldn't be opened.So he rejected to surgery,missing the best time for curing.And then the cancer,which should be cured spreaded to other tissue,while he constantly denied the illness to himself and the public.
2.personal religion:When it comes to religion,Jobs said that he was more likely to believe in god 50-50 persent,but when he got cancer,the percentage of believing blow up.He prefered to regard life as a natural and normal process including birth and death.
[speed]咦···speed的文章是speaker的transcript么么么→_→·····读好快的分界线~~~~
1'29
Steve Jobs used the natural therapy by depending on vegatables, fruit and so on to fight with cancer during the best time for cure.He was so used to be special that he doesn't want to accept the traditional therapy,which make him regreted in the end.
2'29
Jobs' illness includes two part------one is the islet cancer,the other is the pancreas tumor.However,those two are common in cancer and have higher probability to be cured by medicine method.What's more,the situation of Jobs' tumor was easily to spread,for that,the  
natural therapy doesn't help.
3'02→_→被一堆高端大气的医学名词绕晕的前奏~~什么chemotherapy/metastatic tumor装逼小能手必须get
More details about the disease
1.The tumor hadn't turn into metastatic until Jobs spoke about "Hormone unbalance".That means the islet cells began to release hormone,pretending they were still work.
2.Altough the tumor turned to cancer,hospitals were experienced to deal with that.
1'42
The tumor on pancreas can be totally cured if it is early found,with the small risk of recurrence.
2'03
For Jobs,there are many options of therapy.But if the tumor was found early enough and small enough,surgery would be the best way to cure at low risk.And chemo won't always be a prevalent choice for paients.What's more,as the liver is so scare for the organ operation,liver transplant can't be recommended.
[obstacle]
4'40
fact:Steve Jobs doomed himself with alternative medicine.
reason:Even the most "safe" tumor can remove quickly and turn to fatal.
solution:don't waste time
1.The best time for cure is so precious that shouldn't be wasted.
2.Don't ignore doctor's advice,don't have fancy that other therapy will work
3.Don't take even the smallest tumor for granted.
还好我机智的打了hpv疫苗~~
作者: hawk!!!    时间: 2014-5-13 10:28
speaker
This speech is about Steve job's life.
First, it mentioned what he achieved and how he did with his money.
He changed 7 industry by bring technology and humanity together.
The products he created are beyond consumers imagination.
As a result of his business success, he made a huge fortune. However, he still lived a normal life. Because, he didn’t want money to ruin his life and thought many nice people changed their mind due to money.
Second, the speech is about jobs family. His biological parents abandoned him, so once upon a time he tried to find them. He had a sister and a brother, and brought 4 children.
Third, the speaker  also told us jobs cancel, which killed him finally. When the cancel was detected, Steve refused to have a operation because he didn't want open his body. Instead, he  used some strange medical treatment and most importantly, focused on his job such as to created my phone, pad and TV.
What’s more, few if any cancel changed his belief on god.
1'37"
2'13"
2'23"
1'06"
1'41"
6'20"
Everyone around jobs wanted him to have a operation when the cancel was detected.
But, he refused to do so because he didn’t want to open his body.
The doctor said due to his cancel is a mild one if he did the operation early, he could survive.
Unfortunately, when jobs made up his mind to have the operation, the tissue had spread.

This article is about the type of Steve's cancel. According to the doctor, it is a mild and survivable one. So jobs wanted to go back his business instead of to do an operation.

Two reason that explained why jobs' caner was not bad.
Metastatic part. His tumor was metastatic until he said something about hromonal inbalance
Non-functional part. the tumor was -even then- clearly still producing hormones, proving it was a functional one, which is far less deadly than the nonfunctional ones.
In conclusion, Steve's chance of survival is great.

Steve's cancer is absolutely curable and patients like him should not worry about. However, there are always outsiders. If your family members have some diseases, you chance of having it is greater than usual.
Jobs seemed to eschew chemo; others do have other choices.

Cancer is curable.
If you notice early, you can cut out the tissue without any side effect. If you notice later, some kind of medicine is also available. Unfortunately, if the tissue is spread, you can also cut out most of you lung because it has strong power of regrow.

Steve doomed due to his unconventional medication. It seems he tried all sort of alternative treatment to avoid an operation, that treatment lead to an job's early death. At the beginning of the detection, jobs still dedicated to Apple.
When he decided to have a transplant, which means his illness was really bad, his disease was out of control.
According to the doctors who researched the cancer, job's type of cancer was really a mild one. Over a decade, the patients who survived was nearly 100%. Job's dearth reflected a conundrum that doctors faced. Patients such as jobs rejected operation that made the ethics of doctors suffered. Also, patients have to learn a lesson through jobs that don’t reject doctors advice.
小分队新人,献丑了啦~~
作者: Talitha    时间: 2014-5-13 11:36
2:1'45
Mr Jobs did not want others to operate his body. So he refuse to be treated with proper medicine. It leads to early death. He was regret.

3:2'51
more detailed information about Mr Jobs' cancer and how he responded to his cancer.

4:3'20
more information about the cancer and Mr.Job's refuse to be treated. This type of cancer is survivable

5:1'53
The cancer Mr Jobs had is curable.

6:1'45
The steps of how to treat the cancer.

7:6'45
Mr.Jobs refused to use conventional method to treat his cancer. He decided to use alternative way to cure his illness. However, situation got worse. Mr.Jobs's experience has taught us not waste time on delaying our treatment. After all, Mr. Jobs had to pay the biggest price.
作者: bluewind48    时间: 2014-5-13 11:43
time2: 01:43 Steve regreted on his insist on wrong diet and refusing to accept coperation when his tumors was mild.
time3: 02:20 several reasons that Steve`s tumors is easy to cure if he did not insist not to operate.
time4: 01:40 from the public news of Steve, the doctor infered that he`s able to cure the tumors since the first time it appeared.
time5: 01:35 solid evidences that Steve`s tumors was curable
time6: 01:27 even his tumors were different from what mentioned above, there`s still ways to tackle such problems.
ob:04:17
MI: according to the research data, Steve`s tumors were quite curable, but it`s his headstrong, which made Apple succeed, that led to his death.
作者: wangweiyi5332    时间: 2014-5-13 12:04
Timer2 2:02
Jobs regret about his delay of operation therapy . All his families suggested him to do the operation ,but he insisted on trying the alternative therapies for nine months ,which is quite crucial for his process of therapy.
Timer3 2:19
there are many features showing that the tumor Job had is more survivable. But leaved the tumor untreated for 9 months , the tumor of Jobs became metastatic and took away his life.
Timer4 3:06
a doctor explained why the tumor Jobs had is less rentless for his life. considered the care level that jobs can provide for himself , the tumor of Jobs is much easier to be cured than that usual type of the common.
Timer5 1:40
further explain about the cancer of Jobs .
Timer6 3:00

作者: lucyzhou    时间: 2014-5-13 13:18
SPEAKING:
1.Describe the contribution Steve jobs made and what happen to the Apple Company after he died.
2.An interview about the house he live in,his attitude towards money.
3.Describe his own family and his experience of finding his biological mother and his relationship with his biological father.
4.The way he treated his disease.Use secret medicine instead of operation.His attitude towards death.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time 2 1:04
SJ's early death is due to his refusion of operation.He used secret diet treatment instead of operation so that he lost the crucial 9 month.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time3 1:29
This part gives the detail about the disease SJ caught.And the author gave the evdience about SJ's early death could be avoided
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time4  1:29
This part gives the details of SJ's medical treatment.And the author analyze the situation of SJ's health.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time 5 1:28
It describes the islet cancer SJ caught, and the regular therpy of the treatment.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time 6 1:59
This part tells us how to deal with the diesease SJ has and several options of solving the problem.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OBSTACLE 8:00
SJ's cancer is not fatal.
Ramzi said that SJ's choice leads to his early death.
Amid said his words is just based on his reach.
An article of early time said that SJ's chooses alternative methods to treat the cancer, but failed, at last he had to transplant the liver but it is too late.
Amid said SJ's death could be avoid if he took eariler action.
Several data to support his conclusion.
Give advice of not wasting time on the early decision of the cancer treatment.

作者: samalagorn    时间: 2014-5-13 13:29
Time2 :01:35
Time3 :02:05
Time4 :02:04
Time5 :01:35
Time6 :02:12

Obstacle: 05:09
Amri,a medical expert,suggests that Steven Jobs's early death may result from delaying treat time.Jobs had insisted on alternative treatment,which greatly delayed his treat time. Amir gets the conclusion from his own research ,and he says it was just his own opinion.  

作者: AceJ    时间: 2014-5-13 13:36
苏错 发表于 2014-5-12 23:28
谢谢cherry~~~  

欢迎回来~~~
作者: AceJ    时间: 2014-5-13 13:38
leo688 发表于 2014-5-13 10:11
第一次,期望坚持下去到胜利!

欢迎加入小分队~
作者: AceJ    时间: 2014-5-13 13:45
hawk!!! 发表于 2014-5-13 10:28
speaker
This speech is about Steve job's life.
First, it mentioned what he achieved and how he did  ...

欢迎加入小分队~回忆的非常完整
作者: HolliHuang    时间: 2014-5-13 14:51
time2 01:55.44
time3 01:45.26
time4 03:17.23
time5 01:43.87
time6 02:44.35
越障 05:42.02
作者: mozhiwanjia    时间: 2014-5-13 16:04
cherry6891 发表于 2014-5-12 23:22
Part III: Obstacle

掌管 6        00:09:27.13        00:29:30.29
掌管 5        00:03:31.49        00:20:03.15
掌管 4        00:03:26.68        00:16:31.66
掌管 3        00:05:00.41        00:13:04.98
掌管 2        00:04:30.36        00:08:04.56
掌管 1        00:03:34.19        00:03:34.19

作者: NativeStudy菌    时间: 2014-5-13 17:06
谢谢cherry~~~  

Dear Su~
Haven't see you for a long time~ It's so nice to see you back! And we know that you can finish reading the passage in time~
Wish you a good time!
作者: NativeStudy菌    时间: 2014-5-13 17:08
菜农人民 发表于 2014-5-12 23:57
好久没做了····

Hey, Cainonrenming~
Long time no see, too! And we hope you can catch up the group as soon as possible~ Don't forget to have the passage read!
Have a nice day!
作者: 铁板神猴    时间: 2014-5-13 18:02
谢谢cherry~~~  

欢迎苏措!顺带恭喜一下~!这次留久一点,have fun~!
作者: daisyjin    时间: 2014-5-13 18:07
[speaker] 
Steve jobs suffered cancer but he didn't treat it serious. And he died. Jobs did know how to make big things and went in front of the fact. Also, geology mattered. He mastered the marketing and his partner knew about computer, the beginning of the apple. He considered the tuition important, forcing on the simple computer in the future.  He was mean to his employees and treat himself unique. 
Once, he was abandoned by apple because of the failure of products. Then, he come back when the company was nearing bankruptcy. He rebuilt apple, emphasizing the difference.
[2] Steve jobs regretted wasting time on alternative treatment. He chose the alternative diet treatment in the beginning, while his wife and professor disagreed.  Later, cancer became to serious to be treated after nine month, and he felt regrettable for it.
[3] with high risks and little consciousness, jobs did not treat the cancer a matter.
[4] two reasons about the non-function not applying to jobs. 
He had meet the metastatic before, so he did not show the symptom like others. 
Because of the  hormonal  imbalance, it can be see that his cell was still functional, with a potential to spread of the cells.
[5] if islet-cancer was treated early, death can be avoided surely. And job's situation is special.
[6] when the rumor is small enough, the surgery is the best. The chemo is the worst. The radiation helps a lot to suppress metastatic. Liver always has ability to regenerate before metastatic. The liver transplant is the last choice we have, may leading to the organic suppress and metastatic.

[obstacle] Steve jobs 's cancer can be treatable while he choose the alternative method rather than medicine method in the gold treatment time. When he realized, tumor has already spread over his liver. Even the innocent cancer should be treated early. His lesson teach the laters a lot, never waste time in the workless struggle.
作者: 画画2013    时间: 2014-5-13 18:19
Speaker
One achievement that Steve makes is that people can buy any product in a world garden-apple store.
In the process of Steve found his biological father and mother, he did not like what he learned. He did not talk to his father, even did not want to metion it.
Though Steve told the public that he was cured, but people found that he was sicked again in a speech.
Steve just focused on the applications that he wanted to make and design.
He did not believe in God totally, but he trusted God most in his latter life after getting cancer.
Time2 1'44
Jobs was regretted to choose to use alternative medicine instead of an operation, making his necessary operation was delayed for at least 9 months and probably leading to his early death.
Time3 2'14
The tumor of Jobs could be cured because the position of his tumor was in a survivable place.
Time4 2'26
The tumor was not spreaded until Jobs mentioned about the "hormonal imbalance", and Jobs also had a insulinoma that could be cured and a tumor in pancreas.
Time5 1'24
If people have such a cancer like job's, then they can be cured if the tumor can be found early.
Time6 1'55
Some truths about the opreation.
Obstacle 4'30
duodenum 十二指肠
Main idea: Seteve Jobs might make himself dead early, because he delayed to do the operation and chosed to use alternative medicine.
A wrote an essay that talked about he tumor of Jobs, he said that Jobs delayed his operation led him dead early. If Jobs could cured early, then he would become health again because the tumor has a high percentage to be cured.
The most valuable lesson from the case is that people should not waste their time in any health peoblem, and they should treat their disease as early as possible.
However, we should not blame Jobs too much, because he payed the biggest price to his wrong decision and brought a valuable lesson to the public.

作者: yshib    时间: 2014-5-13 18:51
掌管 5        00:06:41.27        00:16:18.70
掌管 4        00:02:12.48        00:09:37.42
掌管 3        00:01:39.02        00:07:24.94
掌管 2        00:04:52.97        00:05:45.91
掌管 1        00:00:52.94        00:00:52.94

Does the "roots and vegetable" refer to Chinese medicine?
作者: planetandlucas    时间: 2014-5-13 18:58
Time 2: The article talks about Job's choice about treating tumor and Job regretted that he did not chose operation earlier. (1:52)

Time 3:  The article introduces Job's canner and tumor, and the situation and survival rate of this canner. (2:15)

Time 4: Dr Amri introduced the condition of Steven Jobs' cancer and chances he would cure.(2:22)

Time 5: Amri said that people got Islet-cell cancer have a high possibility to survive and talked about some situation about his own canner after he was diagnosed. (1:50)

Time 6: The article introduces different solutions which can treat cancers  and furthermore talks about the effect of these treatments. (2:32)

Obstacle:  Scientists indicates that  Steve Jobs probably doomed himself because he delayed operation and chose alternative medicine. Scients explained the process of Steve Jobs' sick situation development  and the eventual reason which made steve jobs
pass away.  Scientists give warm to people who have cancer--- dont waste your time and catch your time to make treatment. (6:04)
作者: psychoarya    时间: 2014-5-13 19:29
[speaker]so sad
when Steve Jobs returned APPLE in 1997, the company had just five percent of the computer market share. However, after his death, the company is the second largest company in the U.S.
While looking for his biological mother, Steve Jobs was also looking for his biological father. But when he found his father, he refused to meet him. His biological father used to run a restaurant in Silicon Village, and Steve Jobs once shook hands with him.
Steve Jobs lived in normal house, in a normal neighborhood. He said that he did not want to let money ruin his life. so many people became weird after they get rich.
In the beginning, Steve Jobs fight against the cancer by adjusting his diet and doing exercise. But all these things did nothing but made his health condition worse. Nine months later, he finally decided to go on an operate, but it was too late. Cancer has spread out to his tissues, and he went on an liver transplant secretly. During this time, he persisted in unveiling iphone and ipad. He used to believe magic power inside himself.

[speed]
1:00’57
Steve Jobs did not want to be operated on.
1:53
the type and location of his cancer is more survivable and easier to treat.
2:26
the cancer Steve Jobs got was not enough to kill him only if he had let doctors treat it earlier.
1:13
some questions and answers between a doctors and some patients about the cancer.
3:00
there are various ways to treat the cancer. Chemo is not always necessary. And doctors can also resect part of the liver rather than go on a liver transplant.

[obstacle]
4:30
main point: if Steve Jobs had received the surgery early, he would not have died so early.
The cancer he suffered is curable. And maybe that is the most serious mistake Jobs has ever made. His death is also a warning to other patients and other people.

作者: ieveline    时间: 2014-5-13 20:09
谢谢楼主!
Speaker
Steve Jobs save the company from almost broke to the second most valuable company in the world.
He revoluationized 7 industries.
Jobs had created a walled garden.
He lived in a normal way even he was so rich.
Jobs picked strong one as his wife.
Reed is very much like jobs but has mother's kindness.
Eve is good at horseback rider.
Erin is good at disgn.
Lisa is the daughter jobs had with his girlfriend.
Jobs found his biological mother and bonded with his sister.
And jobs and his sister together found their father.
Jobs did not want to visit his father, but his father mentioned jobs.
The cancer was the one kind could be cured, but jobs refused to get operation.
Jobs did the operation nin months later, but it was too late
The reason jobs refused to operation is he believed magical thinking, which worked for him in the past.
Jobs denied he had cancer and he had the privacy right as the CEO
After jobs had a secret liver transplant, he returned to work unitil the end.
What the last 2.5 years of jobs life is the forcus on the products.
Steve saw his life as an arc. It would end and compared to that nothing mattered.
The faith steve had--sometimes he believed in god, sometimes he didn't.

Speed
1--01:19
The tumor Jobs had is relatively mild and very surviable.
But jobs tried alternative therapites for nine months, leading to early death.
The tumor was spread to the tissues around the pancreas.

2--01:38
The reasons why the tumor jobs had was surviable and curable.
Jobs wanted the world know the unonventional approaches in this issue did not work out.

3--02:04
Additional medical deatils to explain why the tumors Jobs had were treatable.

4--01:18
Two other information about Jobs tumors.

5--01:53
Surgery is hte best solution in Jobs case.
Chemo doesn't always work.
Radiotherapy helps if the tumor is metastatic
Liver transplant has risks.

Obstacle--04:28
A harvard cancer expert concluded Steve Jobs delayed conventional treatment in favor of alternative remedies, caused his early death.
The cancer Jobs had was mild and treatable.
But after 9 months delay, the tumors spread to jobs' other organs and finally drained him.
作者: Yvonne52585    时间: 2014-5-13 20:38
speaker

time 2   1:18
The tumor in JOB's body was getting more serious due to the delay of the surgery.

time 3   1:41
The precise type of cancer Jobs had and it was considered to be one of the more survivable neuroendocrine tumors.

time 4   2:23
some comparisons and indications to show jobs considerable chance of cure.

time  5  1;05
If the tunor caught early, it would be more curable in most case.

time  6  1:40
chemo  化疗
pancreas  胰腺
metastatic  转移性的
some treatmemt options about the tumor

obstacle   4:03
That is why we say great people always have their greatness.

作者: TaoRs92    时间: 2014-5-13 20:56
thx~~~~~~~~

time:1:25.24
Common opinion towards Job's cancer--operation.
But he used alternative medicine and delayed the operation nine months.So cancer spred to tissues and he eventually died because of this.
time:1:37.82
Job's cancer is a survivable one,and acutally has high survive rate and easy to treat.
Details.
time:2:04.18
More details about the high treatable and survivable rate of Job's cancer.He should have treated it sucessfully.
time:1:08.46
Job's cancer could be sucessfully treated even without moving any organs.
The recurrence rate is also small.
time:1:40.34
Several treatment options for Job.
1 the best--operation(in the early stage)
2 chome--for those serious case,not necessary
3 radiotherapy
4 remove the organ--regrow ability is good
5 organ transparent--immune system may reject
time:3:53.77
Job died because of his alternative treatment towards his cancer.
The details about the study--personal title and paper.
Easy to treat.High rate to survive and become healthy again.
Lessons from this case:
1 take advice.
2 don't waste time.
作者: vivianpdn    时间: 2014-5-13 20:57
啊!来迟啦~~~  今天全部都在讲乔布斯,不过很感慨啊,干嘛放弃治疗!!
part 1

biography  premature  compelling figure  ,CBS,tough book, mean to people,how to make great things

part 2
time 2:1'46

Jobs was regreted about the alternative cure.if he accepted the recommended medical treatment earlier,he maybe recovered
soon because illness in his tumor too mild to fatal

time 3:2'28

provide evidences that Jobs should have chance to recover and treat well,if he had received the conventional treatment.

time 4:2'55

additional details about Jobs'illness.  author states that  a man like Jobs who has this kind of illness can have a better
chance of cure if he treat it seriously and earlier

time 5:2'02

field questions about Jobs'illness .common and specific condition

time 6:4'04

also states that possible cure if found early,and several treatment to the kind of illness

part 3:4'45

Amri stated and recommended  as personal opinion that don't waste time to treat your potential fatal illness
作者: zhangys    时间: 2014-5-13 21:05
1.        Steven Jobs made Apple as the second valuable company in the world.

2.        01:34
Jobs regretted before his death that he chose not to operate.

02:21
The reason Job chose not to operate.

02:47
Medical details about Jobs’s special case.

01:45
It could be cured if the patient has been treated early.
The case of Jobs is special, because it’s caused by familial disease.

01:51
Liver planation is not a good way to cure the disease.

3.        05:09
A medicine said Jobs killed himself by choosing the medical way.
A person who researched Jobs’s case said 100% of this cancer over a decade could be cured by removing one part of the liver, but Jobs lose his chance by slow action.
It’s Jobs killed himself.

作者: ROLEDAD    时间: 2014-5-13 21:12
[speed]
Time2: 2‘05''
Although everyone told steve jobs to get operations for his disease, he still refused and delayed surgery for at least 9 months, which results in an unnecessarily early death.

Time3: 2'16''
there are several characteristics weighing job's prognosis:
these sorts of tumors are less progressed and easier to treat
the tumor didn't initially appear to have metastasized and its type and location is more survivable
above all, actually, jobs knew and he also wanted every one to know.

Time4: 2'17''
by comparing the different kinds of neuroendocrine tumors from that of job's, jobs actually had a considerable chance of cure.
the first one is that job's tumor actually was not metastatic, while normal metastasis means the tumor spread outside its original site
jobs spoke about a "hormonal imbalance" , which is functional in tumor, while the nonfunctional in those tumor means the cells degenerated to the point that they cannot carry out their original function.

Time5: 1'19''
job's islet-cell cancer actually is curable when caught early, and it is not an independence recurrence for jobs.

Time6: 1'36''
there are some agents can help improve the tumor. one is radiotherapy with special isotopes, and the other is partial resection of the liver. usually, a liver transplant is not very adaptable to the body, although it is also a solution.

[obstacle]5'47''
harvard cancer experts say that the survival rate of jobs' tumor was as high as 100% over a decade, and it needed to be remove as quickly as possible. however, jobs ignored doctors' advice and eschew the most practical forms of treatment, and his behavior was deem to be his faults.

作者: JennyF    时间: 2014-5-13 21:15

1’46
2’32
3’17

2’36

5’32
作者: 饼干小熊    时间: 2014-5-13 21:26
Lap 6        00:04:47.13        00:12:26.35
Lap 5        00:01:23.18        00:07:39.22
Lap 4        00:00:51.86        00:06:16.04
Lap 3        00:01:50.23        00:05:24.17
Lap 2        00:01:50.41        00:03:33.94
Lap 1        00:01:43.53        00:01:43.53

作者: 盘腿大王    时间: 2014-5-13 21:32

Time2[1’29]
Time3[2’34]
Time4[3’08]
Time5[1’45]
Time6[2’08]

作者: yigo    时间: 2014-5-13 21:36
Jobs~ 又听到了乔帮主的声音

About Apple: when Jobs returned to Apple, it only took up 3.5% market share.Then Jobs brought the company to the largest tech company comparable to Exxon.
It combines science and humanity, technology with imagination.
2007, Jobs announced the first iPhine. Microsoft couldn't do it. He built up a world garden for apple,-App Store.

Money Value:Jobs got rich, but he made promise, never would let money change him.

Birth Parents:1984,he found his biological mother, and his mother told him he had a sister who wasn't put into adoption. His sister was a novelist. They togehter looked for their birth father, who had a phD and open a restaurant. He went to his birth father restaurant several times, but later never talked to him and contacted to him.

Health: He was found pancreas cancer when checking kidney stone. The autopsy of pancreas showed that it was just the first stage. He turned to spiritual therapy and refused to accept operation, because he didn't want his body open.9 months later, the cancer spead out.

Why So stupid? He later regret, and accepted secret medical treatment. 2008 he still unvailed the iPhone, but he was so thin.People started to wonder and guess if he was seriously ill. But Jobs denied all the speculation.
When he accepted liver transplate, the doctor told him the cancer had spead all over. And he continued to work.
In the final period of his life, he talk about a lot. He focused on the products,iPhone, iPad, and apple TV; then family and pain.

He had survived from a cancer in 8 years, so he believed that he could spare from the pancreas  cancer through conservative theraphy, and hopefully one day a drup could save him. But he was wrong.

t2-t3  [1''21][3'00]
Jobs wasted 9 crucial months and let the cancer spread out.
The cancer is one of the most survivable cancers, but Jobs missed the important 9 months, and there was nothing can be done at that time.

Something about his cancer:
it is islet cell tumor, which has 5% fatal rate.
it is one kind of survivable tumor.
easy to treat/not metastesized/located in most survivable palce-pancreas/insulinoma/ high rates for cure:88.7% and 78.1%

Jobs defiant iconoclasm and his insistance on conventional treatment killed him, and he realized that later in his life and wanted the world to know that.

t4-t6 [2''42] [1''17] [2''07]
why Steve's  cancer is a Lower fatal rate rumor?
1 metastatic part: didn't spread quickly
2 nonfuntional part-pancreas: as can be seen when the hormone was still secreted.

Answer to two questions.

Chemo 10-20% chance curable. Pancreas has a higher chance.
Liver transplant is not a good choice.

Obstacle: [4''39]
Steve Jobs's death reason: his insistance on conventional treatment wasted time to save himeself.
A doc from Harvard Medical School said that the cancer is very likely curable, in his own opion.
Do not waste time, that the real lesson of Jobs's experience.

作者: pengruoyu0812    时间: 2014-5-13 21:47
以前都是自己悄悄做也忘了回帖 那今天算开始正式加入小分队啦!!!
Time2(1:14)
Everyone wanted SJ to take an operation, but SJ decided to take alternative medicine and regretted about it later.
Doctor said that it led to unnecessary death.
Time3(1:45)
Some details about SJ's cancer. And some characteristics about his tumor.
Time4(2:05)
two reasons that the lower survival rate didn't apply to SJ.
1. SJ's tumor was a functional one.
2.SJ had common illnesses.
and SJ had a great chance to be cured.
Time5(1:10)
Two questions about the possibility of SJ be cured.
Time6(1:20)
SJ had many option to be treated when he was early and tumor was small.
Obstacle(3:58)
Some experts announced that SJ's cancer was quiet mild, and can be cured by many options.However, SJ devoted his time to APPLE, and hope for that the medicine will work.
The most important thing that SJ taught us is don't waste time, being aware of your heathy condition.
作者: 漾yang    时间: 2014-5-13 21:50
listening
Steve jobs biography.
The reason why he died is that he was diagnosed of kidney cancer in a physical check. At that time his cancer was not serious and can be cured but he refuced to take operations which deteriorated his heath condition.  On account of his success in Apple, he thought that if people didin't want something they can have magic power to overcome it. At last, he took operations but it just can expand his life rather than save it.

T2:2:13
Steve jobs was regretful to his decision.
Everyone wanted him to get an operation but he insisted to choose an alternative way.
A famous doctor mentions that his tumor was mild and if he had got surgeon immediately, he would have avoided the unnecessary death.

T3:3:11
The cancer that Steve Jobs got was not serious and could be well cured if he took operations immediately.

1.Jobs's neuroendocrine tumor is not a highly fata; adenocarcinoma
2.Jobs is believed to have contracted one of the more survivanle neuroendovtrine tumors.

T4:3:05
1.The matastatic part: His tumor wasn't initially matastatic.
2.The nonfuctional part: His tumor still producing hormones, providing it was a functional one.
Thus, his tunor cells can easily be distinguished from other cells.

T5:2:00
What we discuss about Islet-cell cancer is more spercific to Steve Jobs. Some conclusions can not be expanded to other patients.

T6:2:50
what should people do when they are diagnosed of islet cancer.
early--surgery
worest-chemo
radiotherapy
partial resection of the liver

T7:6:16
Steve Jobs had a mild form of cancer which is not fatal, but he eschewed possible conventional methods and chose an alternative remedies, which caused his death.
It was easy to recover if he took medical treatment as soon as he diagnoised. It is a valuable lesson for us.

作者: 苏错    时间: 2014-5-13 22:00
铁板神猴 发表于 2014-5-13 18:02
欢迎苏措!顺带恭喜一下~!这次留久一点,have fun~!

谢谢神猴~~么么哒~~~坚持坚持坚持!~
作者: 苏错    时间: 2014-5-13 22:02
AceJ 发表于 2014-5-13 13:36
欢迎回来~~~

是滴~~~AceJ 好久不见~~
作者: 苏错    时间: 2014-5-13 22:03
主页菌 发表于 2014-5-13 17:06
Dear Su~
Haven't see you for a long time~ It's so nice to see you back! And we know that you can f ...

THX~~~ 回来好开森~~坑已填起~主页菌么么~~
作者: AceJ    时间: 2014-5-13 22:08
Time2: 1'24"
Time3: 1'35“
Time4: 1'58"
Time5: 1'20"
Time6: 1'50"
Time7: 3'50"

Jobs同学终其一生都恪守自己的信条,无论是对还是错,佩服!
作者: AceJ    时间: 2014-5-13 22:14
苏错 发表于 2014-5-13 22:02
是滴~~~AceJ 好久不见~~

作者: ZNUFE_2011    时间: 2014-5-13 22:31
今天第一天跟小分队,希望可以在一个月的时间里取得进步!

速度部分:
Time 2 2分
Time 3 1分40秒
Time 4 1分54秒
Time 5 1分16秒
Time 6 1分39秒

越障部分:
3分54秒
作者: crystal9291    时间: 2014-5-13 22:50
手残不小心按成重设了。。于是前四个的时间不见了。。
SPEED
T2
1 Steve Jobs regretted his decision for not taking operation but insisting to use alternative medicine.
2 The main reason leads to Jobs' death might be his delay for surgery since his tumor was not too serious to cure.
T3
Several characteristics can help prove that Job's tumor is survivable:
1 the tumor he had was less progressed and easier to be treat with.
2 Jobs's tumor did not initially appear to have metastasized
3 the tumor was located in the most survivable part.
4 a good indication showed that Job's tomor would not be lethal.
5 more evidence can be seen in Amri's notes to support that Jobs' tumor had a great chance to cure.
T4.
Amri thinks that Jobs have a considerable change of cure.
reason:
1 Jobs' tumor was not matastatic at least until 2008.
2 Jobs had a functional tumor  which is less deadly
3 Even though Jobs had insulinoma and tumor in pancreas, they are actually the best treatable types.
T5
Amri also answered two questions:
1 curable=gone&won't die
the chances of recurrence from a tumor are small if it is found early.
2 Jobs refused chemo for his own case
T6 2:44
Many treatment can help cure tumor like Jobs'
1 chemo works on small portion of cases.
2 radiotherapy helps a lot if the tumor is metastatic
3 partial resection works on  tumors in liver, since people's liver has an ability to regrow.
4 liver transplant is the last option, but it is also of high risk.

OBSTACLE
T7 5:50
Job's rejection to use traditional and practical treatment leads to his death.
Amri based his researches on tumor to prove that if Jobs accepted the correct treatment, his tumor would have been cured.
eg. survival rate is 100%, no symptoms reccurred after therapy...
However, even the most treatable cancer should be removed quickly, or else it will also spread and lead to death.
The lesson form Jobs' case: don't waste time to be so headstrong.
乔帮主,唉。。
作者: zxdlcing    时间: 2014-5-13 23:30

broke 2nd corporation revolution 7 industry
"not 3 seperate divices" his house:normal family home
family picture:
biological mother  sister father monar restraunt
accidentally slow growing didn't get oparation 9month later
cancer is spread    to ipad   one new drag may save him  
01:43
Everyone wants Steve Job to get the operation, but Steve didn't want his body to be opened. At last, he regret.
02:56
some characters of the cancer Jobs had
03:00
01:51
02:10
作者: 菜农人民    时间: 2014-5-13 23:48
主页菌 发表于 2014-5-13 17:08
Hey, Cainonrenming~
Long time no see, too! And we hope you can catch up the group as soon as possi ...

Hey,
I have finished my paper. I will catch up the group
作者: 橘黄小猪    时间: 2014-5-14 00:41
Speaker:

This dialogue is mainly discussed the life of Steve Job. He was adopted and after he succeed, he found his biological mother and father.

Time 2
1’25
Steve Job was regretful about his decision that he delayed the operation nine months regarded as crucial time.

Time 3
1’59
According to the recent research, the cancer Steve Job had has high survival rate.

Time 4
2’13
The doctor gave more details about the cancer by email.

Time 5
1’15
The doctor answered some question related to the cancer.

Time 6
2’13
Some treatments which have low risk was provided in the passage.

Obstacle
4’44
An researcher thought that if the Steve Job had adopted the alternative medicine rather than a diet, he could have survived.

作者: 栗子公主    时间: 2014-5-14 06:34
昨天的时间真的很紧,但看到是关于帮主的文章,就特别想读了。

Speaker:

Speed:
[time 2]1:59
Background: everybody around Jobs wanted he to take the operation, but he chose alternative way to treat himself.
Content: he regretted with this choice as he expressed to biographer. The type of cancer he has is mild, but he didn’t want them to open his body. However, 9 months later, the cancer was spread in his body.

[time 3]2:36
Let us learn about this kind of disease at first.
1.        95% of similar symptom patients are cured
2.        this is a survivable type
plus:
he missed the best opportunity to be operated. The five year living rate is high for this kind of disease. The personality of Jobs helped Apple to survive but didn’t help him to survive.

[time 4]3:49
The doctor lists many symptoms of Jobs and analyzes them. The conclusion is that he had an unfunctional cancer. And the differentiation is a key indicator, the less differentiated, the worse the patient. Jobs could be treated with the very best curement. All of these proved that the chance to survive Jobs is big.

[time 5]2:43
Some questions:
1.        it can be removed easily at early stage. Jobs doesn’t have familiar gene to this disease.
2.        sometimes medicines and radiation are useless for the treatment, notified by the doctor. Is it why Jobs chose alternative way? this is the specific case of Jobs only.

[time 6]2:30
Listed different treatments with their outcomes:
Chemo: not always needed for early stage patients, only suggested to serious cancer on stomach or intestines, and seldom works
Radiation: will help if the tumor metastasis
Resect liver: since liver can regrow by itself, it is feasible to resect part of it. Transplant is not always the best choice since immune system may be suppressed to fight with cancer.

Obstacle:
作者: alan112211    时间: 2014-5-14 08:56
part two:

every one want Steve to accpet tumor but he rejected.
According to the author of the book <Steve>, Steve is regreted.The reason that Steve refused to accept tumor is that he didnot want to be...
Actually, the operation is mild and will save the life of Steve if done earlier. When Steve accepted the tumor, it is too late.

part three:

The passage tells us more about the precise cancer that affected Job and something about the tumor input in Job.

part four:
The part is e-mail from the doctor of Job's.

part five:
Additional of edition about the converation of the host and the dotor.

part six:
some additional background of the specific cancer which can be cured when detected and treated earlier.

part seven:
The main idea of the passage is that Job's choice to some unconventional treatment mainly contribute to the his death.
According to the expert in the specific tumor, the tumor is not fatal and has no side-effect if removed . But when Job refused to accept the operation which exaggerate the situation.
However, we should learn something about how to treat tumor from Job.

time2"1:18
time3:1:44
time4:1:50
time5:1:45
time6:1:45
time7:3:41
作者: cindy806178024    时间: 2014-5-14 10:35
Time 2: 1'39
Time 3: 2'05
Jobs was regretted for to treat a neuroendocrine tumor in his pancreas with an alternative diet rather than medically recommended surgery. Then introduce the tumor.

Time 4: 2'59
A explained some terminology of neuroendocrine tumor and then predict that Jobs's tumor has a big chance to cure.

Time 5: 1'36
Amri also fielded questions (in italics) about this Slate piece: 1. U can resect tumor if you are on time. 2.ask if Jobs has a method to use against islet cells. 3. Jobs has his own specific tumor.

Time 6: 2'34

作者: yaoyao0517    时间: 2014-5-14 13:22
02:53.33 [253words]
Even everyone wanted Steve Jobs to get an operation,he insisted an alternative diet and delayed surgery for at least nine months,which made him regret eventually.
03:16.04 [304words]
Jobs's neuroendocrine tumor is relatively survival and easy to treat.
Characteristics of neuroendocrine tumor Jobs is believed to have contracted.
03:13.31 [384words]
Two pieces of evidence show that Jobs didn't contract non-functioning metastatic islet cell tumors.
02:31.02 [245words]
Amri's three questions.
02:57.58 [335words]
Then follwing treatment options can be tried,such as chemotherapy,radiotherapy and resection of partial organ.
07:15.87 [815words]
Jobs' neuroendocrine tumor was milder and curable if he received conventional treatment early enough.However,he avoided it and insisted on alternative remedies until the situation got too bad.His story tells us that we should not waste time and receive conventional treatment as soon as possible.  

终于把昨天应该做的部分补完了。。速度好像有一些进步,加油!
作者: 香葱酱    时间: 2014-5-14 16:23
Time 2 01:45
Time 3 01:39
Time 4 01:54
Time 5 01:30
Time 6 01:50

Obstacle 06:06
作者: zardl    时间: 2014-5-14 20:01
1:35
Everyone wanted SJ to get an operation, but he rejected. before he died, Jobs expressed his deep regret. if Jobs got the surgery earlier, he could avoid early death.  
2:24
introduce the tumors Job had and the several characteristics of the tumors. it is not a lethal type.
3:07
Amri explained the low survival rate neuroendocrine tumor. lethal neuroendocrine tumors have two characteristics: metastatic, nonfunctional. Job's tumor is not nonfunctional. He should have the considerable chance to be cured.
1:50
islet-cell cancer that Jobs had is curable. if cure it on time, it will be gone. Jobs had no such family decease to get this tumor, so it would be less likely for tumor to recur. she was told there was no chemo or radiation to use against this tumor, but jobs seemed to eschew chemo.
2:20
tumors can be resected easily when they are small. in case of recurrence, patients can check one a year. chemo is unusual to be used. most times, only serious patients need chemo. radiation can be helpful for the metastatic tumors. liver can regrow so it can be removed partly.
6:10
this type of tumor can be totally cured if get treatment in time. Jobs' iconoclastic decisionamaking lead to
his death. lesson in Jobs' experience: don't west time. death is the biggest price he paid for his.
作者: davideng    时间: 2014-5-14 22:29
Time 2: 01:42
Steve Jobs regretted about his wasting time on alternative therapies, and he didn't take an operation timely, that resulted his disease getting worse.

Time 3: 02:10
There are several treatments that doctor recommend, So Jobs has high rate to succeed at operation.First, Job's neuroendocrine tumor put him outside the 95 percent of fatal cancer victims. Second, Job have contracted one of the more survivable neuroendocrine tumors.

Time 4: 02:47
There are two reasons that the tumors does not apply to Jobs: Lower survival rate of neuroendocrine tumor and nonfunctional in those tumors.

Time 5: 01:30
1. Islet-cell cancer
If Jobs is on time, he can resect the tumor without even needling to remove the organs.

2. After he was diagnosed,except for chemotherapy or radiation, he have no other choice.

Time 6: 2:06
If Jobs had a well-differentiated insulinoma, there are many treatment options.If he take the doctor's suggestions to get a operation early, he has a high possibility to cure the cancer.

Obstacles: 04:09
Of all the people who suffered on the dark side of his headstrong, iconoclastic decisionmaking, it was Jobs himself who appears to have paid the biggest price.
作者: wensd1111    时间: 2014-5-15 17:53
1 A 01:16
2 A 01:36
3 A 02:00
4 A 01:13
5 A 01:45
6 A 03:47
the jobs's death. he died of the cancer, which could be smoothly cured by controvesal therapy. jobs choose the method doctors provide. actually, the A cancer is easiliy  detected and removed. but jobs pay the price by his life.
作者: kun5850    时间: 2014-5-16 09:31
生命诚可贵 感谢cherry6891
作者: jokerking    时间: 2014-5-17 09:13
spd :  1.26 Jobs died of insistence on alternative medicine but not early operation.He's regretful about it.
        1.55 some details about his tumor.
        2.25 doctor's explanation.
        1.26  2.01  Amri fielded questions about this Slate piece.
ob : 5.11
Steve Jobs had a mild form of cancer that is not usually fatal, but seems to have ushered along his own death by delaying conventional treatment in favor of alternative remedies.Of all the people who suffered on the dark side of his headstrong, iconoclastic decisionmaking, it was Jobs himself who appears to have paid the biggest price.

作者: 余同学GMAT加油    时间: 2014-5-17 15:07
Jobs was regret to choose a wrong option to cure his cancer. 1min59'
introduce the situation about the job's cancer and indicate that the cancer is highly to be cured. 2min56'
prove 2 evidence that jobs did not get the fatal cancer and the additional details indicate he just had the cancer which is easy to be cured.3min1'
if the cancer was cured on time, it has less chance to recurrence; Jobs seems to eschew chemo 2min10
introduce the way that cure the cancer 2min37'

越障 6min55‘

作者: lilacrabbit    时间: 2014-5-18 15:19
谢谢楼主

掌管 6        00:05:54.64        00:16:59.28
掌管 5        00:02:31.64        00:11:04.64
掌管 4        00:01:37.23        00:08:33.00
掌管 3        00:02:58.95        00:06:55.76
掌管 2        00:02:09.79        00:03:56.81
掌管 1        00:01:47.01        00:01:47.01

作者: cyndichiang    时间: 2014-5-19 07:17
Time2 1'31''
Jobs regretted that he didn't follow doctor's recommendation about the diet and that he delayed operation.

Time3 2'07''
The tumor Jobs contracted has more survival rate,but his instinct for defiant iconoclasm and his insistence on unconventional approaches caused his death

Time4 1'34''
More details : This type of tumor has two parts: metastatic part and non-function part
Jobs has the metastatic part,which is far less fatal than non-function part and has high level chance of cure, but he didn't treat it seriously

Time5 1'27''
Jobs's islet-cell tumor is curable and if treated on time, it can be removed without harming organs
If his tumor is familial,, it is possible to recontract with this tumor
Jobs rejected the modern diagnosis method

Time6 1'34''
If his rumor can be treated seriously at early stage, Jobs possibly survived from it.
Radiotherapy with special isotopes helps to deal with the tumor
Condition of metastatic has high curable chance before liver transplant.

Obstacle: 3'14''
A said the report is his personal view:
Jobs doomed himself with alternative medicine.
His condition has high curable rate at early stage, even though after nine months, it also has chance to cure
It is a good lesson for patients in Jobs's experience: Do not waste time and get treated as soon as possible

作者: grover201    时间: 2014-5-19 11:52
Time 2 1:39
Steve Jobs regretted taking alternative therapy to deal with his tumor. He could have survived if he gets an

operation ealier.

Time 3  3:26
To understand his prognosis, it is necessary to know the type of his tumor.
First, he get a neuroendocrine tumor which is considered to be outside the 95 percent fatality rate.
Second, Job's tumor appeared to be functional and not have metastasized.
Although the tumor he gets is not very vicious, the inappropriate therapy he chosed resuts in the bad

situation.

Time 4 3:31

Amri 's explanation of the particular type of Jobs'neuroendoctrine tumor :

Functional ,Not metastatic(the less differentiate, the more reckless, insulinoma,pancreas,

Time 5 1:56

Amri answers some questions about this diseases.
1 This cancer is usually curable when caught early.
And the tumor can be resect without needing to remove the pancreas.
The chances of it coming back as a recurrence from the original tumor are small.
But modern medicine seems not have chemotherapy or radiation to use against islet cells.

Time 6 4:03

This paragraph introduces different therapies of tumor.

1, if the tumor is small enough ,take out the tumor locally without any sideeffect
2, Chemo doesn't always wrok , if it is in pancreas FDA is better. Get worser, use Chemo.
3, Radiotherapy helps to cure metastatic tumor .
4, Partial resection instead of removing the whole thing

The last liver transplant.

Obstacle 6:38

Of all the people who suffered on the dark side of his iconoclastic decisionmaking, it was Jobs himself who appears to have paid the biggest price.

At first, the tumor the Jobs get is rather mild, and it can be removed earlily without any side effect.But he chose the alternative therapy and lost the best time to have an operation.
作者: pennyz    时间: 2014-5-21 22:59
obstacle
the post on quora about the death of jobs
the doctor suspect according to the report that jobs' cancer has spread to all over the liver and may not be mild as rumor said
the lesson is not to oversight the advice from the doctor,act quickly
作者: 铁板神猴    时间: 2014-5-25 23:01
Speaker

CBS 60 Minutes special on Steve Jobs, Part 2

Apple was almost broken, the most valuable company at the end
Software+hardware, only company in the control
Live in normal place, rich
Sister MS, together find biological mother and father
Didn’t get operation, so cancer cells spread
Regret
Focus on work and his family as well
Since Steves had cancer, he believed in God more.

Speed

1’28’’
1’32’’
2’29’’
1’24’’
1’55’’

Obstacle

Harvard Cancer Expert:
Steve Jobs Probably Doomed Himself With Alternative Medicine

Jobs ushered along his own way but just lead to death
Amri, an expert on Job’s tumor, answered on Quaro
It would be better if Jobs could have cut the tumor via surgery.
Jobs has paid the biggest price.
作者: 旧未来    时间: 2014-6-5 07:46
1 A 01:54
2 A 03:07
3 A 03:05
4 A 01:38
5 A 02:23
6 A 05:51

1.The familiy and his docotor persuade Steve Job that he should not take this threapy, and at last Steve Job himself regretted.

2.The seemingly survivable tumors made Steve Job choose the intraditional methods, unfortunately, he failed.

3.The additional medical detail about the transplant and nonfunctional one.

4.Some questions about the cancer of Steve Jobs.

5.The chemo and transplant only use in certain circumstance.

6.Talking about the phase of the cancer of the Jobs and counterpart methods, suggesting that people should take on the action early.
作者: makisai    时间: 2014-6-5 10:57
Time 2: 2:12.60
Jobs regretted using the alternative ways to treat his cancer. If he did not delay the treatment at least 9 months, the early death may not happen.

Time 3: 2:17.38
Jobs' tumor is unlike the majority type and his own unconventional appoaches on the cancer did not serve him as the Apple's customers. He want the other people know that.

Time 4: 3:12.27
The survival rate of the cancer is 5 years, which is low. There are two reasons why it does not apply to Jobs. The metastatic part, Jobs' did not spread until 2008.The nonfunctional part, Jobs did not have the nonfunctional one, which is more deadly than the functional ones.Yet Jobs still did not make the right choices.

Time 5: 2:14.23
There are two questions on the cancer of Jobs.
1. Can Jobs' cancer be cured, if he notice and treat it earlier?Yes, the type of his is curable but he did not treated it earlier.
2. Jobs gave up chemo, if he did not ,would he avoid the early death ?The chemo and the choice only depend on his own subtype and case.

Time 6: 2:51.83
If Jobs had a well-differentiated insulinoma, there are more chances that he can be cured. Chemo does not always work. And transplant of liver may work but there are also risks.

Time 7: 5:08.94
Jobs wasted time on the  treatment of his cancer by delaying the conventional medicine use and believing the alternative ways may work. The case tells us that do not waste time and do not be headstrong on the cure of the cancer, or you may pay the huge price just like Jobs.
作者: 疯狂的狐狸    时间: 2014-6-5 17:58
Obstacle:5:50
Jobs's death is highly related to his delay and rejectcion of conventional cancer treatment.
The cancer that Job had got was a very controllable, milde one, which usually was not that fatal. However, Job failed to prevent the cancer to take away his life gradually by neither taking conventional treat nor removing the cancer via a surgery on early stage.
作者: jesoncao    时间: 2014-6-6 22:03
Speaker:
Steve Jobs has a very special character. He thinks himself to be different from others. He is a trouble maker, a crazzy buddy but also a genius. He loves to yell at and argue with co-workers, but he also knows the engineers are important. He distains authority but he is such a kind of authoritarian. Steve Jobs was abandoned by his own company because of his authoritarianism. But the miserable experiences didn't make him frustrated and stopped to go foward, he established a movie animation company which attracted the Apple company's attention. Jobs finally returned to Apple and took over the company and his assumption of duty brings the resplendent future to Apple. Jobs is really a person who is so different from any other leaders and whose bussines form and pursuit of art and aesthetics push the history and change the world.

Time 2: 1:15
Although a lot of his friends and relatives told him to have a operation rather than an alternative medicine, Steve Jobs still insisted on his idea. Some experts said that the tumor found in his body was relatively mild and if detected early for 9 months, Steve Jobs would have survived. Steve Jobs delayed the operation because he didn’t want his body to be opened.
Time 3: 1:45
The tumor found in Jobs is a kind of cancer easier to be treated and the situation of the tumor is relatively safe and easily to be survived. But the delay of 9-month treatment result in the spread of the tumor.
Time 4: 2:10
Several reasons given by Amri shows that the tumor Jobs had is especially one of the most common and best treatable type.
Time 5: 1:15
Someone debated over Amri’s theory that Jobs didn’t have a familial disease and he would suffer a recurrence.
Time 6: 1:54
Surgery is by far the best treatment if the tumor is small and doesn’t spread. After the surgery, the patient will less probably to suffer a recurrence. But chemical theory and radioactive theory are not good choices for the patients.

Obstacle: 4:40
Steve Jobs suffered a kind of tumor which is thought to be a wild tumor and easy to be treated. Amri said that 95% of her patients who suffered the tumor recovered from the disease only if they received surgery. But Steve Jobs didn’t receive any physical surgery or conventional treatments and even didn’t listen to the doctor’s recommendations but chose the alternative medicine. Steve’s bad choice led to his death and his experiences give lesson to every patients that don’t waste time by delaying medically recommended treatment.
作者: jzhuang08    时间: 2014-6-7 10:45
time 2 1'45
SJ try alternative and verious diet instead of getting operation to cue tumor. his decision let him miss the critical 9 months. Later, SJ said he was so regrated about his decision and he should have the operation early.

Time 3 2'41
The cancer sj has is more survival rate than other cancer. since the tumor cell and the location are more survival.

Time 4 2'47
The analysis about why a special kind of  Tumor has lower survival rate. However, Compared to what Sj said, sj did not have the non-functional part but the better treatable part. SJ made mistake on understanding his cancer.

Time 5 2'15
According to A, early cure can reduce the risk of reocurrence of tumor.

Time 6 2'40
SJ has several of options to treat his tumor. Becasue the organ and difinition of tumor he has.

Time 7 7'17
the content is almost the same as the information above.........

欢迎光临 ChaseDream (https://forum.chasedream.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.3