ChaseDream

标题: 有前辈读过 CASS的 Real estate investment吗? [打印本页]

作者: platitude    时间: 2011-2-9 08:14
标题: 有前辈读过 CASS的 Real estate investment吗?
有前辈读过 CASS的MSc Real estate investment吗?

本科几乎在会计方面游离 ACCA 证书一本

望高人指点
作者: pgstudent    时间: 2011-2-9 20:19
In UK, you should choose among

1. Cambridge Mphil Real Estate Econ and Finance
2. LSE MSc Real Estate Econ and Finance
3. University of Reading, MSc Real Estate

I think the choices above are the best among all other choices in UK and they also well respected in overseas.
作者: platitude    时间: 2011-2-9 23:29
I am studying Accounting and Finance in 3rd year in UK.
I haven't got offer from Reading yet. Since Cass is well known for business field, I wonder the difference between their reputation, connection and employment in real estate field. You advice would be very helpful. Many thanks.
作者: pgstudent    时间: 2011-2-11 12:44
To be honest with you, I personally think it really depends on what you want to do and what’s your career goal, in my opinion if you decide to find the financial/investment job when you graduate, LSE > Cam > Reading, which is their advantage for sure, and also the location is convenient for you to be exposed for IB jobs in Canary Wharf anyway, if you are going to do the job related with RE development, Reading > Cam > LSE, you could benefit from the comprehensive network in Reading Alumni worldwide which is the key issue when you are doing the business; if you would like to go back to China, Cam > LSE > Reading, reputation is essential in China, nothing special.
作者: platitude    时间: 2011-2-11 18:40
I am not sure whether I will get the offers from the schools u mentioned above.
Since Reading has decilined my app for the reason that I was lack of relative working experience.

du u know anything about Cass in this field?
I haf asked my sister who is an associate in Goldman for suggestion. Her reply was a bit ambiguous anyway.
作者: kevinsky    时间: 2011-2-12 16:50
RE program in Cass is also accredited by RICs
Compare with CAM LSE READING, it is not that famous and strong
But I think LSE RE program is focusing on marco picture, eco sector
CAM program is Real Estate Finance one
Reading is famous in property field even in China, but outside this industry...thats a big issue...
Cass owns the location advantage coz its in London but in China...I dont think many property guys, especially Chinese entities know this program
And ur ability and connections are more important I guess
作者: pgstudent    时间: 2011-2-13 00:52
If you also consider the programmes in US, you may consider the following programmes.

1. MIT MSc real estate development
2. Columbia MSc real estate development
3. University of Southern California MSc Real Estate development
4. Cornell MPS in real estate
5. NYU MS Real Estate

In UK, the best recognized programmes are:

1. University of Reading, MSc Real Estate,
2. LSE MSc Real Estate Econ and Finance
3. Cambridge University Mphil in Real Estate Finance
作者: platitude    时间: 2011-2-13 09:44
THX for ya suggestion first of all.
I would like to go Cass since it has the alum in whole business circus, not only in RE.
CASS is a considerable better choice for me coz i am not a top student which means i might not have an ambition to go uni. like Cam(first class at least)
Is it tough to get access to this field without the RICs or somethin?
作者: kevinsky    时间: 2011-2-13 21:53
I think get RICs not that hard...but the working experience is a must
作者: platitude    时间: 2011-2-14 06:05
Du u know anything about the program in CASS?
作者: leonagogogo    时间: 2011-9-22 20:32
我正在CASS读REI,课程设置的比较紧凑,也比较实用。如果你喜欢理论型的还是往CAMBRIDGE跑吧,CASS是实践者的天堂。环境,老师,同学素质都没的说,工作过的人也比较多。但是这一级的中国学生比以前多很多,不知道下一届会如何。

欢迎光临 ChaseDream (https://forum.chasedream.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.3