搜索
返回列表 发新帖
楼主: lei825
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[校友答疑] UCSD-Rady MBA 2017届申请人-校友答疑

[精华] [复制链接]
41#
发表于 2014-12-26 08:55:41 | 只看该作者
辛苦啦, Merry Christmas & Happy New Year !!!
42#
发表于 2014-12-30 09:32:02 | 只看该作者
楼主好~
楼主能否指点下rady的essay?
两个essay一个问了你在工作中的贡献,一个问如何介绍自己,如何给rady贡献。都没有问why mba why rady啊。那么还需要在essay里提及这两个基本问题嘛?
谢谢楼主!
43#
发表于 2015-1-1 03:56:10 | 只看该作者
bigfatwhiterabb 发表于 2014-12-30 09:32
楼主好~
楼主能否指点下rady的essay?
两个essay一个问了你在工作中的贡献,一个问如何介绍自己,如何给rad ...

Hi bigfatwhiterabb,

I think there's no right or wrong answer to this question. In my own honest opinion, I think Rady admission want to see how would you bring your expertise and know-how to your future Rady Cohort and want to know a little bit more about you. I think the best way to tackle this question is to related your job experience and why you choose Rady, and why now is the best time to pursue an MBA.

For example, if Rady Admissions ask you to introduce yourself to your classmates and what contribution can you bring to your future classmates, this is in connection with the "why Rady" question, ex. if you're a self-entrepreneur and you know Rady pride itself on entrepreneurship and encourage future MBA students to launch their business, you would want to emphasis that. If you're an experience 10 year mid-level executive, you want to share how your leadership would benefit the whole class and Why accepting you as an MBA student would enriches the program in any other way. To sum up, like any other Business School,  Rady want to bring in the best talent and educate them to be the best in any industry. The better you know about Rady, the better Rady Admission knows that you did your homework and want to offer you a seat in the future cohort. Hope this will ease any concerns you might have.

Happy New Years!
44#
发表于 2015-1-1 06:25:40 | 只看该作者
牛津phd是fox大神,北影编剧echo姐姐,四大也有个echo,那么问题来了,山崎叶子和小鱼分别是哪位呢,哈哈哈
45#
发表于 2015-1-1 08:19:48 | 只看该作者
nautibei 发表于 2015-1-1 03:56
Hi bigfatwhiterabb,

I think there's no right or wrong answer to this question. In my own hon ...

Hi Nautibei,

Thank you for your helpful comments!
So you are current student in Rady now?
How about the possibilities of finding a job in CA after graduation, especially in SF or bay area?

Wish you a great start in 2015!
46#
发表于 2015-1-2 03:20:49 | 只看该作者
bigfatwhiterabb 发表于 2015-1-1 08:19
Hi Nautibei,

Thank you for your helpful comments!

Hi bigfatwhiterabb,
   Correct, I'm a first year MBA student here at the Rady School of Management. With the U.S recession over, American economy is back in action, especially in manufacturing and High Tech fields. UCSD has a prestige reputation, so Rady is definitely taken advantage of the UCSD name. In terms of finding a job in California and the bay area, you have to know what industry you are coming from and what industry you intend to go into. Bay Area is the hub of innovation and the mantra of technology. So if you intend to stay in high tech related field, I don't see why you can't find a job after MBA graduation, with that said, it's very difficult for International to get H1-B sponsor from a lot of companies, so you guys have to start your work early on in the process, before you step into B-School. In addition, Communication is another screening tool to predict whether a company will want to invest in you or move forward with another candidate. Rady is a new school, Career services is still trying to play the catch up game to other top 30 business schools, so finding internship and full time placement will take some work. My advice is to do as much homework as you can before you arrived next fall if you get accepted. No matter which school you attend, whether it's Harvard, MIT or Stanford, Finding a job is a work of art, nothing is guarantee and no one will just hand you a "You're Hired" letter. So network, network and network (you're previous job network, and you're school network will definitely help)

I'm going to leave off here for others to provide more comments. This is my 2 cents. Hope this will help!
47#
发表于 2015-1-2 08:43:58 | 只看该作者
nautibei 发表于 2015-1-2 03:20
Hi bigfatwhiterabb,
   Correct, I'm a first year MBA student here at the Rady School of Management ...

Very impressive and help a lot. Thanks so much for sharing.
48#
发表于 2015-1-2 08:59:51 | 只看该作者
nautibei 发表于 2015-1-2 03:20
Hi bigfatwhiterabb,
   Correct, I'm a first year MBA student here at the Rady School of Management ...

Thank you Nautibei, really helpful.
I worked as operations in energy import field. My working experience has nothing to do with hi-tech.
I want to focus on the supply chain management concentration in the future. How about the job opportunities in supply chain management filed? I guess many job opportunities are related with hi-tech or bio-tech. So it seems my lack of hi-tech or bio-tech exposure is a disadvantage in western coast. Wat is your opinion about this concern?   
49#
发表于 2015-1-2 15:49:55 | 只看该作者
作为以前的GMAT整理君,现任 RADY 的FT-MBA 2016 的一份子,在繁忙和激动人心的第一QUARTER学习生活之余,终于有空发帖了!各位我来晚咯... 有啥问题,放马过来吧!希望我能有所帮助哦!            

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
50#
发表于 2015-1-4 10:55:21 | 只看该作者
matrix777qz 发表于 2015-1-2 15:49
作为以前的GMAT整理君,现任 RADY 的FT-MBA 2016 的一份子,在繁忙和激动人心的第一QUARTER学习生活之余, ...

谢谢Matrix百忙中来答疑解惑!小女有以下几个疑问请您帮我看看:
1. Rady的强势在于生物科技和高科,但是我这两方面都没有任何背景或经验,只有进出口行业operations的工作经验,在mba中想focus在supply chain。如果将来想找工作在加州的话,会过多受制于没有高科和生科背景吗?
2. 记得有位学长提到过rady的operations和scm也很强,还得过比赛的冠军,在学校网页上没找到相关的报道啊?是什么类型的比赛呢?

不胜感激!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-6-1 14:13
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部