[复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2005-7-9 15:48:00 | 只看该作者

AI130第一次写AI请大家提意见

Date: 2005-7-9

Time: 10:00:05

Issue No.130

Question:

`When judging the qualifications of potential employees, business employers should rely primarily on objective information, such as a candidate's résumé and education. Personal interviews are much too subjective and are therefore not a valid basis on which to judge a person's qualifications for a job.~

Discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the opinion stated above. Support your views with reasons and/or examples from your own experience, observations, or reading.

How should business employers select employees? Recently there is a view that business employers should rely primarily on objective information, such as a candidate's resume and education while personal interviews are too subjective and therefore not a valid method to judge a person's qualifications.  I don't agree this view, particularly when I have been working as a recruiter for some years. There are a number of reasons and evidence to support my position.

First of all, resume and education, as selection tools, act more like end-reuslts achieved by a candidate. It is almost impossible to find out how the candidate behaved during their work and study, only based on resume and certificates of education. For example, we can''t assume a candidate who graduated from Harvard Busiess School can certainly make success in McKinsey company. We need to talk to him or her or use other tools to find out his competency, attributes and other deciding factors and then decide whether he is suitable for the company or not.

Second, business employers can't talk to resume and employees and thus are difficult to identify what a candidate value, what he or she like, and what really motivates him or her. As we all know that motivation and value are at least equally important to predict the potential of a certain employee. In our company, there are a lot of such cases that some candidates worked for few months then chose to leave. The main reasons are they don't feel they are suitable to our company or they hold different view of operating business.

Some people might argue that interview are too subjective. I agree that if an interviewer are subjective person, the decisions that he or she makes are subjective to great extent. However, we can't forget the tool of interview only because we are potentially subjective. Quite on the contrary, interivew, as a tool, offer us both parties a good chance to know each other. In reality, Human Resources scholars are developing some interview theory with the purpose to eliminate the subjectiveness to the greatest extent. Scientific research has already shown that interview is the an assessment tool with the highest validity.

To sum up, I don't agree that business employers should rely primarily on resume and education and don't trust interviews due to potential subjectiveness of interviewers for the above mentioned reasons. Interviews, as an interactive tool, have advantages over resume and education in terms of understanding a candidate in reality. I think we can combine all these tools to select candidates.

Words: 423

第一次写,没用摸板,提前了三分钟完成,但个人感觉论点不是很清晰,用词造句比较有限。希望大家提提意见。另外,象这种质量大概是个什么水平?

沙发
发表于 2005-7-10 09:15:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用roberto0220在2005-7-9 15:48:00的发言:

Date: 2005-7-9

Time: 10:00:05

Issue No.129

Question:

`When judging the qualifications of potential employees, business employers should rely primarily on objective information, such as a candidate's résumé and education. Personal interviews are much too subjective and are therefore not a valid basis on which to judge a person's qualifications for a job.~

Discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the opinion stated above. Support your views with reasons and/or examples from your own experience, observations, or reading.

How should business employers select employees? Recently there is a view that business employers should rely primarily on objective information, such as a candidate's resume and education while personal interviews are too subjective and therefore not a valid method to judge a person's qualifications.  I don't agree this view, particularly when I have been working as a recruiter for some years.

800score上有一段强调说不要过分的展示自己的工作履历和经验这会给阅卷老师带来不好的感觉。我不是很清楚怎么掌握这个度,但是可能不这么说比较好?

There are a number of reasons and evidence to support my position.

First of all, resume and education, as selection tools, act more like end-reuslts achieved by a

这个是什么意思?是固定用法吗?

candidate. It is almost impossible to find out how the candidate behaved during their work and study, only based on resume and certificates of education. For example, we can''t assume a candidate who graduated from Harvard Busiess School can certainly make success in McKinsey company. We need to talk to him or her or use other tools to find out his competency, attributes and other deciding factors and then decide whether he or she is suitable for the company or not.

Second, business employers can't talk to resume and employees and thus are difficult to identify what a candidate value, what he or she like, and what really motivates him or her.

个人感觉这句的逻辑不大通顺。用if。。。,。。。这种句式好象会比较好。

As we all know that motivation and value are at least equally important to predict the potential of a certain employee.

和什么equal似乎要指出一下比较好

In our company, there are a lot of such cases that some candidates worked for few months then chose to leave. The main reasons are they don't feel they are suitable to our company or they hold different view of operating business.

Some people might argue that interview are too subjective. I agree that if an interviewer are subjective person, the decisions that he or she makes are subjective to great extent. However, we can't forget the tool of interview only because we are potentially subjective. Quite on the contrary, interivew, as a tool, offer us both parties a good chance to know each other. In reality, Human Resources scholars are developing some interview theory with the purpose to eliminate the subjectiveness to the greatest extent. Scientific research has already shown that interview is the an assessment tool with the highest validity.

To sum up, I don't agree that business employers should rely primarily on resume and education and don't trust interviews due to potential subjectiveness of interviewers for the above mentioned reasons. Interviews, as an interactive tool, have advantages over resume and education in terms of understanding a candidate in reality. I think we can combine all these tools to select candidates.

Words: 423

第一次写,没用摸板,提前了三分钟完成,但个人感觉论点不是很清晰,用词造句比较有限。希望大家提提意见。另外,象这种质量大概是个什么水平?

第一次写不要求全责备已经很不错了。论点没有不清晰啊,我觉得很好。句式好象是略显单调。注意小的语法项目。多看看AWA224。感觉你应该有很好的语言环境多练练肯定没有问题的。

板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2005-7-10 12:54:00 | 只看该作者

感谢judy,很感谢。你说的几点都很好。一起努力!

地板
发表于 2005-7-10 17:31:00 | 只看该作者

罗伯特,AI和AR都看了,感觉你的语言和思路都不错,多练练,再整理几个闪光句型,会有一个比较满意的分数的。

AI这道题可能你写起来比较顺手,我觉得质量要比AR高。AR我觉得你的字数少了一点,再研究一下七宗罪,AR找对了路子,可以在短时间内有比较大的提高。AR分可是可以补AI的呀。

接下来,我建议你把AA和AI题库(至少黄金80题吧)都过一下,找一些你完全没有思路的来写,时间来不及就写题纲。完全不会的就看看写作区的题纲讨论。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

IESE MBA
近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-28 03:15
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部