返回列表 发新帖
查看: 3514|回复: 4
打印 上一主题 下一主题

AI018, 第二篇ISSUE,希望指点指点

[复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2005-7-22 05:42:00 | 只看该作者

AI018, 第二篇ISSUE,希望指点指点

我真很羡慕大家,怎么我就拿到题目,不知如何下手,觉得选任何观点都说服不了自己.大多数时间就想到一个突破点,看了别人的思路,也无法吸收.

AI018 If the primary duty and concern of a corporation is to make money, then conflict is inevitable when the corporation must also acknowledge a duty to serve society.”
From your perspective, how accurate is the above statement? Support your position with reasons and/or examples from your own experience, observations, or reading.

Someone may think that since the primary duty and concern of a corporation is to make money , then the conflict is inevitable when the corporation must also acknowledge a duty to serve society. The argument at first glance may be reasonable as serving society normally can not get monetary return, which conflicts with the objective of the corporation. But after a careful consideration, I believe it is too extreme to say that the conflict is "inevitable". My reasons for my standing are as follows,

Firstly, serving society does not always necessarily connected with the extra investment of money. Actually, when a corporation is successfully operated, it has already brought good goods or services to the society to benefit the whole economic well-being. Moreover, a corporation offers some employment opportunities to the society. In a word, although the initial intention of establishment of a corporation is in the interest of business investors, in the meantime, its existence is serving the society.

Secondly, some extra contributions for a corporation to the society such as donation to support the education of children or to help homeless people also can get some rewards. It is natural that for the consumers to have a better impression on the corporation who does a great deals of contribution to the society than other corporations who do not. This kind of good public image will eventually bring market success to the corporation. So, the contribution to the society can get rewarding return.

Someone may argue that some corporations need to sacrifice more than what they gain from serving society. I admit that it is the case under some circumstance. For incidence, a corporation needs to spend a lot of money for controlling its pollution to benefit the society, but for itself, it cannot bring any income from this measure. However, not all benefits can be measured by the material return. It is also a benefit for the corporation that all the persons in the corporation including the owner can enjoy the clean air as the part of society.

In conclusion, I believe that it is not an inevitable conflict between serving society and making money for a corporation. Serving society and making money actually are closely connected as a corporation is a business constituent of the whole society.

沙发
发表于 2005-7-23 01:51:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用emilyjiang在2005-7-22 5:42:00的发言:

我真很羡慕大家,怎么我就拿到题目,不知如何下手,觉得选任何观点都说服不了自己.大多数时间就想到一个突破点,看了别人的思路,也无法吸收.

AI018 If the primary duty and concern of a corporation is to make money, then conflict is inevitable when the corporation must also acknowledge a duty to serve society.”
From your perspective, how accurate is the above statement? Support your position with reasons and/or examples from your own experience, observations, or reading.

Someone may think that since the primary duty and concern of a corporation is to make money , then the conflict is inevitable when the corporation must also acknowledge a duty to serve society. The argument at first glance may be reasonable as serving society normally can not get monetary return, which conflicts with the objective of the corporation. But after a careful consideration, I believe it is too extreme to say that the conflict is "inevitable". My reasons for my standing are as follows,

1、又是先空格在逗号~~JJ的打字习惯要注意哦~~还有AS FOLLOWS后面应该用:而不是,吧~~

Firstly, serving society does not always necessarily connected with the extra investment of money. Actually, when a corporation is successfully operated, it has already brought good goods or services to the society to benefit the whole economic well-being. Moreover, a corporation offers some employment opportunities to the society. In a word, although the initial intention of establishment of a corporation is in the interest of business investors, in the meantime, its existence is serving the society.

GOOD有点用词过于简单,BABYTALK...可以考虑改成高级一些的词,比如COMPETITIVE之类的

Secondly, some extra contributions for a corporation to the society such as donation to support the education of children or to help homeless people also can get some rewards. It is natural that for the consumers to have a better impression on the corporation who does a great deals of contribution to the society than other corporations who do not. This kind of good public image will eventually bring market success to the corporation. So, the contribution to the society can get rewarding return.

good同样babytalk...so 改成as a result,或者thus之类的比较好~

Someone may argue that some corporations need to sacrifice more than what they gain from serving society. I admit that it is the case under some circumstance. For incidence, a corporation needs to spend a lot of money for controlling its pollution to benefit the society, but for itself, it cannot bring any income from this measure. However, not all benefits can be measured by the material return. It is also a benefit for the corporation that all the persons in the corporation including the owner can enjoy the clean air as the part of society.

for instance吧

In conclusion, I believe that it is not an inevitable conflict between serving society and making money for a corporation. Serving society and making money actually are closely connected as a corporation is a business constituent of the whole society.

这篇不错啊~嘻嘻~字数380左右也差不多了。

要建立起自信。我对于没有思路的issue一般都采取反对意见,大负小正。

先从论据(data insuficient啊,other possibility啊之类的)和论证思路(line of reasoning啊)两个方面来攻击,两段;再用一段做让步,although/admittedly,  there are some cases indicating that... however, these do not consist a strong support to claim that... In fact, these conditions are more likely caused by... /are really rare and too weak to strengthen the author's suggestion...类似的套话...

这样,主体的三段就okay了,在开头结尾一武装,就上400字大功告成了

a za a za fighting...

板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2005-7-23 02:46:00 | 只看该作者

感谢,太感谢了,我都要放弃了.看了你的回复,有了点信心. 不过,我觉得真的要写好文章,确实本身基本功很重要,很多并不能短期突破的,象词汇啦,思维啦,我在这些方面有欠缺,词汇不用说了,差,好像想问题思路也不够开阔,而且高度不够.

你的指点总是很到位.!再次感谢

这么晚,没有睡,辛苦!!

地板
发表于 2005-7-23 13:12:00 | 只看该作者

其实作文的模版就是个快速突破的捷径,嘻嘻~建议看下tony的模版...总结的很好:

http://forum.chasedream.com/dispbbs.asp?BoardID=26&ID=113212&replyID=&skin=0

5#
发表于 2005-12-6 16:52:00 | 只看该作者

Thank you , Happyfish. Still helpful advice.

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

IESE MBA
近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-5-14 23:50
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部