返回列表 发新帖
查看: 16612|回复: 15
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[心经] [分享]experience of TOEFL iBT105

[精华] [复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2006-9-30 03:55:00 | 只看该作者

[分享]experience of TOEFL iBT105

i am staying at my school now, so there is no typing of  chinese characters in the computer.

SInce my English is not perfect, bear me please.

there are four sections in toefl as we all know.I will discribe my experience seperately.

Reading:I got 28.

I didn't do much reading of text book. The most comman resourse is the internet. I read a lot of English pages. If you decide to do so, be aware of the type of the pages. First, it should be original Enlish,which is not traslated from other language. (I don't believe China daily personally).Second, the page should contain reasonable logic. You can learn something from it,  because it is well organized and has good illustration about a system, kowledge or event. Third, the materials should be prominent idea of the society. Don't go to personal sites and religious sites, unless you just want to read for fun. It's better to go to scientific pages and western culture pages. I know chinese are limited to abundunt web pages, so there are not some specific web site that i can suggest.

There are some advantages for you to read articles on the internet. First, it's convinient and free. ETS doesn't provide many reading samples, and the only two that they sell are expensive. Second, after you read many pages, you can be used to read article on the screen , which help you to focus your eyes on the computer during the exam. Third, very original material may give you the idea about the western way of thinking. It is the essential part of learning English.

There are some tips in reading. First, it's not necessary to look up all the words in in the article. Some technique words neither need to memorize nor need to look up.You can substitute it with "the thing" in your mind through the reading. The words that are asked in the exams can be figured out by recognize the meaning of the paragragh in which the word lies in. Second,every time you read article in the exam, you drag the bar on the right from top to bottom, then back to the top. This make the computer know that you have read all the article, actually you have not. The reason for doing this is that there is no time to read the whole. You have to read the article and answer the question at the same time.

Listenning:I got 28

I watch TV for 3 hours a day , from comedy to cnn. So it's just about the time that you spend on this.

tips: to have the ability to write down the main ideas in the lecture is very important. It helps me in the exam. Even if you do not know the spelling of some technique words, you can write down several letters to present it. For example, erythrocytes can be written as "ary", "ery",or "eri". Keep the idea in your mind is critical.

speaking: only 24. I shoud have done better.

I think it is because the my being uncomfortable with talking to a timing computer. I got full mark in school speech  and people who don't know me often ask me whether i was born in canada , judging from my oral English.So i should have been performed better during the exam.\

Based on my somewhat failure in speaking, I suggest you record your practicing ones in the computer.  Every  current computer has a recorder, so it's pretty easy to do. The more you practise, the more comfortable with talking to  a mashine.

my tips: well, don't have the athority to say. The score is  pretty low.

Writing;only 25

First part: don't need to remember the whole article. remember first sentense of each paragragh. then , while you are listening the lecture, try to recognize the opposite or reinforcement of these ideas( usually three). write down the ideas in the lecture. It's better to have details, but necessarily. compare the two sets of ideas. never use " I think". What you need to write is just the ideas , but you have to change certain words and ways of expression. You can't not copy sentences.

This part is related to your" listening while writing skills"

Second part: there are a fixed model that you can learn from. Introduction, three points, and conclusion. you just have to fill in these sections with ideas. Ideas? whatever you think. so this part is pretty easy.

practise everyday if you are in the hurry to take the exam. Just remember to type in the computer in stead of using pens.

At last, I suggest you read "official guide of toefl exam" . it tells you how the exam is arranged. Although some illustrations are too lengthy, you can still get the core of the ideas. This the only book I used for preparation. I think it's good. I prepared Enlish all by myself. Someone think my foundation of English is very good, but  I can tell you, my Enlish is high school level. i recieved 137 in University entrance exam( gao kao),and that 's about it. So if i can do it, you can do.

Good luck! 

沙发
发表于 2006-9-30 04:52:00 | 只看该作者
Thanks for sharing!
板凳
发表于 2006-9-30 09:27:00 | 只看该作者
感谢楼主分享,我在标题里加入楼主的总分,并收入“备考心经”,祝楼主申请成功!
[此贴子已经被作者于2006-9-30 9:28:04编辑过]
地板
发表于 2006-9-30 11:05:00 | 只看该作者

楼主很强  看到最后说道她高考的时候考了137分,呵呵,其实偶感觉不低了  真的已经不低了  比我多了二十多分呢。

当然经验还是得感谢,首先就是阅读习惯于屏幕阅读的问题,这个的确很重要,因为有的时候对着屏幕都不知道还要不要看下去,再就是口语,对着一个机器blabla那么久,不是所有人都习惯于这种近似于自言自语的考试方式的。

5#
发表于 2006-9-30 11:50:00 | 只看该作者
楼主模仿考试情况录一段口语吧。帮大家了解一下24分的口语是个什么样子。谢谢啦!
6#
 楼主| 发表于 2006-9-30 13:07:00 | 只看该作者

那怎么能把录音放到帖子里呢?

7#
发表于 2006-9-30 13:30:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用Heaven_Hell在2006-9-30 13:07:00的发言:

那怎么能把录音放到帖子里呢?

楼主MM可以看这个帖子 http://forum.chasedream.com/dispbbs.asp?boardID=19&ID=190447

期待楼主MM的精彩表现哦!

8#
 楼主| 发表于 2006-9-30 14:37:00 | 只看该作者

怎么上传?

9#
 楼主| 发表于 2006-9-30 15:15:00 | 只看该作者
10#
发表于 2006-9-30 16:42:00 | 只看该作者

发现MM已经把IBT看透了么,强,呵呵

PS:高考不能代表你的成绩哦 ,至少这么好的口语是表现不出来了

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

所属分类: TOEFL / IELTS

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-24 05:54
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部