ChaseDream
搜索
返回列表 发新帖
查看: 93430|回复: 111

[资料] 《IBT备考导航》之三十三:如何在新托福口语考试中做笔记(by 翟少成)

[精华] [复制链接]
发表于 2006-9-2 13:05:00 | 显示全部楼层

《IBT备考导航》之三十三:如何在新托福口语考试中做笔记(by 翟少成)

整理了一个上午,可以算把这篇文章共享上来了,不过我实在太累了,眼睛好花,大家帮忙看看吧,可能有个别低级的文字错误,还请帮忙指出。从新东方的《新托福考试完全攻略》里摘录的,翟少成是教TSE(老托福口语)的老师。(不过好像也教GRE和GMAT)

由于全文太长,帖子里我省略了不少内容(用省略号表示),大家可以去点击压缩包内的完整版

如何在新托福口语考试中做笔记

翟少成 

众所周知,为了模拟北美大学课堂的学术气氛和学生在校园生活的方方面面,新托福考试的口语部分首次允许考生做课堂笔记(笔记考完要上交,但笔记不算分)、并要求考生能够发表自己的意见和看法,而且必须具备对教授推荐的参考书写出读书报告、阐明自己观点的能力以及其他处理校园生活中可能遇到的各种情况的能力。本文拟对新托福口语考试(包括独立口语任务和综合口语任务)中如何做笔记的问题做深人地分析和探讨。 

Note-taking in the Independent Task
    该部分要求考生就某一自己熟悉的话题阐述自己的观点。一类问题是自由回答间题(Free-choice Response),如:If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? Use details to support your. response;另一类是选择类问题(Paired-choice Response),如:Do you like to try new kinds of food or eat the same kind of food all the time? Use details and examples to support your response,准备时间为15秒,回答问题时间为45秒。问题会被朗读出来,且同时出现在屏幕上。考生可以不用理会电脑的朗读,迅速阅读完问题。这样可以争取大概5秒,那么在这大约20秒内,考生可在草稿纸上迅速记下自己所要表达的关键信息。这里记笔记的方法为“TST表格”。TST ( Topic-Supporting ideas--Transitions)意思是考生须在草稿纸上用一到两个词写下欲表达的Topic(主题),Supporting ideas(分论点)和Transitions(信号词)。下面试举一例: 

Question:

Where would you want to be professionally in ten years? Use details to support your response. 

考生应迅速在纸上写下own bus...masterwork com...start等信息见以下TST( Topic—Supporting ideas—Transitions )表格。

Topic statement:  own bus... (I would like to own my own business)
Supporting ideas:   ( How I will work toward owning my business)

*  master (Will get master's in business )

*  work com... (Will work in company while planning my business)

*  start (Will start my own business when I am ready)
Transitions: 10 next because 3 within 10 y (可用y代替 years) 

Sample Answer

In ten years I would like to win an import business of my own. Next year, I will be starting a master's program in business with a specialization in entrepreneurship. I will be getting this degree because I hope to start my own business and make it successful some day. After I finish my master's degree three years from now, I will most likely take a position in another company for a few years to make some money and to spend some time planning my own business. Within ten years, I hope to own my own company and be on the way to making it a success.

再举一例:

Question:

Sometimes students have to write papers. Sometimes they have to give oral presentations. Which activity do you think is better for students, and why? Include details and examples in your explanation.

考生应迅速在纸上写下papstrong read write examsmore time think deeply等信息。见以下TST( Topic—Supporting ideas—Transitions )表格::

Topic: pap (writing papers is better for students)
Supporting ideas: (Why writing papers is better)

* strong read write exams (need strong writing skills for reading and writing and prepare for exams)
* more time think deeply   (show understanding for more time to explain and think deeply)

Transitions: firstly because, so also 

Sample Answer

I think writing papers is better for students. Firstly we need to develop strong writing skills. We go to school mainly to learn reading and writing, so we need a lot of practice. Examinations require a lot of writing, so writing papers is good reparation. Also, I think writing is a better way to show that I understand. When I write a paper, I can think deeply because I have more time to explain my ideas.  

为了给读者更多机会练习使用“TST表格”,特提供一下6个问题供大家练习。 

补充练习:

1.  Describe a place that you consider to be beautiful. Explain why certain qualities of this place make it beautiful. Include details and examples to support your explanation.

2. Some people relax by staying home. Others relax by going out. Which type of relaxation is better for your and why? Include details and examples in your explanation.-

3.  Describe an occasion when you were surprised. What happened to you, and why did you feel surprised? Include details and examples in your explanation.

4.  Some students prepare for tests by studying alone. Others prepare for tests by studying with other students or a tutor. Which study method do you think is better, and why? Include details and examples in your explanation.

5.What type of home would you like to live in? Describe the characteristics of such a home and explain why you would like to live there. Include details and examples in your explanation.

6. Some people exercise early in the morning. Others exercise in the afternoon or evening. Which time of day do you think is better for exercising and why? Include details and examples in your explanation. 

Note-taking in the Integrated Tasks

1. Reading—Listening—Speaking

3题和第4题以试题中的阅读和听力材料为基础,要求考生回答相关问题。即ReadingListeningSpeaking,具体步骤是首先要求考生在45秒内阅读一篇短文,一般只含一个段落,随后短文隐去,播放一段与短文相关的对话或课堂演讲,其长度大约为1分半钟(比listening section中的材料篇幅要短)。最后,要求考生根据先前阅读的短文和所听到的材料回答相关问题,考生有30秒钟的准备时间,然后进行60秒钟的回答。而第5题和第6题要求考生先听一段听力材料,然后回答相关问题。即Listening-Speaking,听力材料通常有一段是情景对话,另一段是课堂演讲,其长度大约为1分半钟。

考生有20秒钟的准备时间,之后进行60秒钟的回答。在综合口语任务里,你所需要记笔记的内容就是在读短文和听材料的过程中记下材料中的“main points”、“examples”、“reasons”等等。.而是否能很快识别“信号词”(Signal Words)成为其中的关键。“信号词”(Signal WordsTransitions)是我们用来“追踪”说话人的思路的词汇,它就像“路标”一样指引着旅行者的方向。有了信号词,我们就知道说话人何时要举例子,何时要下结论,何时要解释原因等等。

1)信号词

*信号词的分类

……

2)在阅读(Reading)短文时做笔记

在第3和第4题中你会碰到两篇阅读短文,你所需要记笔记的内容就是在读短文的过程中记下材料中的“main point”以及“examples”和“reasons”等等。切忌写下过多的细节,或为了记笔记而忽略了中心思想。见下例(注意加黑处的信号词):

Isaac Asimov 

Isaac Asimov (1920-1992) was an amazing author who wrote an astounding amount of material on an even more astounding variety of subjects. His literary studies included line-by-line analyses of all of the play of Shakespeare; his historical research included works on the history of Greece, the Roman Empire, England, and France; he also wrote well-researched tomes on physics, chemistry, and astronomy. What he is most likely best known for today, however, is science fiction: his Foundation series on a galactic empire inspired by Gibbon's Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire and the / Robot series about a future society where humans and robots coexist. In total, Asimov wrote more than 500 books on this wide variety of subjects. 

从信号词我们知道: 
TOPIC OF READING PASSAGE: author Isaac Asimov

Main points about Asimov

* wrote a huge amount of material (more than 500 books);

*wrote on a wide variety of topics (literary analysis, history, physics, chemistry, astronomy, science fiction) 

以下是两篇阅读短文,请迅速识别出其信号词,并做出笔记: 

……

3)在听对话或讲座时做笔记(Listening

在听讲座或对话时,你需要关注主要观点(major points)以及为了支撑其观点所使用的例子(examples)和原因(causes 

Listening Passage:

(Professor): Now I'm sure you're all wondering how Asimov managed to write so much. Well, the simple answer's that he did almost nothing except writing because that's what he was driven to do.

Asimov's normal routine was to spend time, a lot of time, writing every day. He usually got up at 6 o'clock in the morning; he was at work writing by 7:30 in the morning, and he wrote until 10 o'clock in the evening. That's a lot of time to spend writing. This desire to spend so much time writing prompted Asimov himself to say "Writing is my only interest. Even speaking is an interruption."

TOPIC OF LISTENING PASSAGE: how Asimov wrote so much

Main points about topic:

* Asimov wrote from 7: 30 in the morning to 10 o'clock in the evening.

* Asimov said,  "Writing is my only interest."  

4)整合笔记,最终开口(Speaking 以上我们讨论过如何在读文章和听材料时做笔记,现在我们已经拥有两份笔记,可以开始答题了,不过答题以前,需要明确以下几点:

*你的准备时间为30秒,回答时间为1分钟,回答须同时包括所听的材料和所读文章中的信息;
*在答题时不要涉及个人观点,不要说例如“I think”之类的话。你的回答应该仅仅跟所读的文章和所听的材料有关。
*Reading-Listening-Speaking部分中,可能会问你以下几个向题:

复述对话中所涉及到的一个观点

总结说话人得出某个观点的原因

描述听力材料中教挽谈及的问题

解释听力材料与阅读材料的联系

*此部分的评分标准

听力和阅读材料中提炼出相关信息

用听力和阅读材料中的适当细节和观点答题

观点表达前后连贯一致

表达清晰易懂

*30秒钟的准备时间中,请务必仔细阅读问题的题干,听完材料后查阅阅读材料和听力材料的笔记,提炼主要观点和说出支撑论点的23个分论点。

*回答时间为1分钟,时间应该完全够用。语速适中,切记不要着急,请留意时间,你有20秒来展开每一个分论点。

*表达必须连贯一致,符合逻辑顺序,适当使用Signal Words, 如下:

*如欲介绍两个材料中的主要观点:

The man's opinion is that...
The woman believes that...
According to the lecture...
The professor made the point that...
The reading states that... 

请看以下例子:
……

备考建议

词汇准备:建立流畅表达所需要的词汇,尤其是信号词。信号词的恰当使用会使你的表达更诚畅,更连贯。
发音准备:提高发音的同时,尤其要主要单词重音和语音语调。

录制准备:将自己的声音录下来,听一听有什么问题。

笔记准备:平时多听、多看大学讲座、纪录片和英语新闻,边听边做笔记,尽量抓住材料的主题。

[此贴子已经被作者于2006-9-14 18:36:07编辑过]

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
发表于 2006-9-2 13:30:00 | 显示全部楼层

有点意思 

发表于 2006-9-2 13:58:00 | 显示全部楼层
楼主RP+999999999999999999999999999999999
发表于 2006-9-2 14:06:00 | 显示全部楼层

狂顶!!

santi是为人民服务的典范~!!

发表于 2006-9-2 15:01:00 | 显示全部楼层

收下了!

发表于 2006-9-2 15:03:00 | 显示全部楼层
加精,收入导航帖。
发表于 2006-9-2 16:21:00 | 显示全部楼层

zan!

好人啊

发表于 2006-9-3 20:55:00 | 显示全部楼层
thanks
 楼主| 发表于 2006-9-7 14:16:00 | 显示全部楼层
顶自己非原创的帖子
发表于 2006-9-7 16:09:00 | 显示全部楼层
thanks
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

所属分类: TOEFL / IELTS

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-3-28 17:09
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部