搜索
1234下一页
返回列表 发新帖
查看: 15349|回复: 30

[备考日记] ibt preparation diary

[精华] [复制链接]
发表于 2006-6-15 02:37:00 | 显示全部楼层

ibt preparation diary

Have made a decision to attend Tofel for a long time. Because HK's tofel schedule is still not fixed, I can always find an excuse for myself. Now I dont want to wait. I decided to prepare for late July's tofel in Hk. I've been told the exam will change to IBT. So happy about it. I dont like the grammer exercise. Get what I want. I really want to improve my Eng by preparing for this exam.

My spoken Eng is not so bad. Slang is still a problem.

My readding is in normal level. I can read fast now. But for the accuracy......

Writing is a problem. But I just got a suggestion. Useful.--- I have better experience in speaking. So I am told to record what I want to say and write it down later. This method help me solve the problem of speed and structure. The problem of confidence shows up now. I always think my sentences are too Chinglish.

Vocabulary always causes endless problems. Lucky enough I've accomstumed to finding some unknown words everyday. Heard Wang Yumei's vocabulary is very good. I want to take a try.

One thing I always told myself is that a better attitude can help a lot. So I will keep trying to enjoy the preparation period and the improvement of English. As for the score, it is important for the applying. But at last, I need to use it one day.

Although I use "diary" as the name and I will do my best to write down every step in this period, I dont think I can acheive it. Life is not so easy. Something more important, such as meeting an old friend or helping somebody get out of the dilemma, will prevent me to talk with you here. Doesn't matter. It is another aspect of my phylosophy: enjoy the life. Hope to get some suggestion from you. Hope to see you soon. 

发表于 2006-6-15 03:20:00 | 显示全部楼层
加油.
发表于 2006-6-15 07:47:00 | 显示全部楼层
支持playaround,加油!
 楼主| 发表于 2006-6-16 01:27:00 | 显示全部楼层

Too shame about it! I asked a question after a lecture. But the guest speaker did not understand me at all. See below is my question. Please help me make it understandable.

"You mention about that we should take risk and control the project at the same time. So do you have a proportion in it? How many parts we should take risk and how much we should keep it in control? What is the factors which can influence your choice of the proportion?"

"您提到要平衡冒险和对项目的控制。那么您对冒险和控制是不是有一个比例呢?有多少部分应该冒险?多少部分置于控制范围之内?什么因素会影响您对于这个百分比的选择呢?"

发表于 2006-6-16 11:03:00 | 显示全部楼层
mm是7月队的,先给mm加个油
发表于 2006-6-16 14:12:00 | 显示全部楼层

You mentioned that we should make a balance between the risk and the control of a project; in this case, how do you balance these two factors? Does a proportion exsit between them?  Are there some other aspects which can influence or change the proportion?

不知道这个会不会比较容易懂?

发表于 2006-6-16 18:12:00 | 显示全部楼层

支持!

楼主| 发表于 2006-6-16 19:45:00 | 显示全部楼层

pearl1113,

Thank you! It seems very difficult to me to change the channel from Chinese to English. Somebody told me it is about mindset. In this case, would you like to give me some suggestion?

发表于 2006-6-16 20:18:00 | 显示全部楼层
以下是引用playaround在2006-6-16 19:45:00的发言:

pearl1113,

Thank you! It seems very difficult to me to change the channel from Chinese to English. Somebody told me it is about mindset. In this case, would you like to give me some suggestion?

要地道的表达,核心还是要用英语思维,而且要不停和地道的英语比对,对照。香港比起大陆来说,已经有很好的英语环境,多和老外交流,多听多看地道的英语资料,如果有一个地道英语环境,语言要变得地道其实很轻松,关键是不断在这个环境中“输入”和“输出”。

新东方的网络教程中,“口语4+1”中的一门“英语思维”,是比较好的教程,“王强口语”也不错。不过这些教程都侧重口语。书面语方面,有一个办法,就是找一本较好的英语书(可以是小说,也可以是教材,甚至新闻材料),同时找到对应的中译本(找公认的权威的出版社或译作者)。然后尝试把中译本的语言翻译成英语,之后再拿英语原版对照,会学到很多地道的表达。不过这个过程比较吃力。

相对而言,通过大量输入英语(看英语电影、电视、听英语新闻),和老外聊天,或者在外企工作,是比较轻松的提高英语的办法。

[此贴子已经被作者于2006-6-16 20:53:48编辑过]
发表于 2006-6-17 01:59:00 | 显示全部楼层
Support!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

所属分类: TOEFL / IELTS

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-3-29 05:03
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部