查看: 8026|回复: 8
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[面试经验] NYU的interview体会(转自BW)

[精华] [复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2003-3-6 18:33:00 | 只看该作者

NYU的interview体会(转自BW)

NYU interview:
Well I had my interview today...I don't know how well it went...I am usually a good interviewer having sat at both sides of the table, but today I felt just average in my responses...I actually had thoughts of re-answering some questions but decided against it...

Anyway...The format was pretty standard...Why NYU...How do others perceive you...What roles have you played in the past...What will you do outside of class if you attend Stern...The normal type of b-school questions that everyone seems to get...No one question stood out in my mind and I was pretty much prepared for every question she asked...I didn't get the GMAT question, because my stats are much higher than NYU's avg...

I hope that I didn't come off as rehearsed...I realized this was a problem as an undergrad because when I was looking for jobs and interviewing I seemed to almost robotically shoot off answers to the questions asked later on in my job search...The result was that the people I interviewed with first I got job offers, the later ones sent me GFY letters...

I was very fortunate to meet another prospective student who happened to be eating lunch with me...Wut a fantastic girl...She was an American from Texas, graduated from Yale, and is now working in Seoul, Korea...When the lunch dude asked where she was from both of us were perplexed by her Seoul response...Even though I'm Korean I just didn't expect an American girl to be working and living there...He He...She was a little worried about her GMAT score...But I told her not to worry about it. Mainly, of her fabulous work experience and the initial impressions I got just talking with her...This would definitely be a person that I would love to go to NYU with, I just hope Columbia, Wharton and Kellog don't steal her away...But I fear that she might choose another school because her intended concentration is not Finance...I wanted to go to Korea this summer to visit my family, but also catch some of the World Cup, but I was unable to secure tickets...She told me that she had a ton of extra ones and if I wanted to I could drop her a line and hook me up...Wow!!!

The guy I had lunch with was kewl too...Very open to questions and frank about the things going on at NYU...I attended a class and met some other first and second year students, all of whom welcomed me with open arms and gave me their contact info if I had any questions...I was thoroughly impressed by the quality of people going there, as well as applying...

I asked the admissions interviewer about what direction Stern wants to go in...Obvisouly they want to keep their finance reputation, but they really want to be the best in everything...They are very concerned about the rankings and seem to have this sibling rivalry with Columbia...Expect NYU to grow in caliber and strength as the years go on...It is going to much tougher to get into this school as years go by...

All I can say about NYU was that is was so much what I had hoped for and more...Even though I see NYU as the underdog in the fight between it and Columbia, I for one have always loved to root for the underdog, and with all that has been going on, I like the chances with this underdog...

So...Now it's waiting time...Good luck to all who are still waiting to hear word...I hope this helped

沙发
发表于 2004-1-6 13:55:00 | 只看该作者
zt BW

Interviewed today with adcom member at stern.  The interviewer will know ALL of your application material and will formulate questions from your resume, essays or rec's.  It lasted exactly 30 minutes, the last 5-10 of which were for your own questions.  Everyone was very nice, and the atmosphere was semi-relaxed and semi-formal.  Questions were why NYU? Why now?  What other school are you applying to?  Goals?  Leadership examples?  Those sort of questions.  

There was only one other person who was there for an interview in the waiting room.  I think they get busy with the invites and interviews towards mid january.  

Now only the wait is left.

Good luck.

板凳
发表于 2004-1-7 03:28:00 | 只看该作者
I just got the invitation to interview at the Spotlight on Stern Women event.  Anybody in the same boat? I'm afraid that they might compare my behavior with the pool in the event, and it will make me nurvous.  any advice?
地板
发表于 2004-1-7 03:54:00 | 只看该作者
congratulations!

i am stilling waiting ..
Btw, where and when will be the event held?
5#
发表于 2004-1-7 04:33:00 | 只看该作者
Jan 29, at Stern campus.
6#
发表于 2004-1-7 04:34:00 | 只看该作者
Luckycat, I believe your invitation is on its way. They are still in early stage of sending out invitations.
7#
发表于 2004-1-7 06:57:00 | 只看该作者
Thanks diudiu
8#
发表于 2004-2-13 04:01:00 | 只看该作者
总瓢把子atongmu & diudiu,

How about your application? Do you apply full-time or part-time? Can you share some background info with us?

Solute!

9#
发表于 2004-2-13 04:18:00 | 只看该作者
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-26 23:02
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部