查看: 4051|回复: 8
打印 上一主题 下一主题

campus interview

[复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2003-12-23 11:46:00 | 只看该作者

campus interview

受到uiuc一封信 , 不知道该怎么回复:

We have received your application and the evaluation and review process has begun.
In an effort to know you better and to give you an opportunity to learn more about our MBA program, we would like to invite you to an on-campus interview with a member of the admissions committee. Being invited to interview is a positive indication of our interest. While an interview is not required, we hope you will take advantage of this opportunity to visit us.

为什么学校明知道我在大陆,还建议我去美国进行Campus interview 啊, 我是告诉他们去不了吗,还是要求采用另外的interview 方式,若没有面试,录取的机会还有吗???

沙发
发表于 2003-12-23 11:54:00 | 只看该作者
I think it is just a general interview invitation letter. Just tell them you have trouble getting U.S visa and ask for alternative interview method.
板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2003-12-23 12:13:00 | 只看该作者
Thank you very much for your quick help!

但我感觉这个学校好像没有其它的interview method 的了,因为信里还写到:

If you prefer not to interview, please let us know that we should proceed with our evaluation and final decision.

:_____ No, I am not able to interview. Please proceed with the evaluation and final decision.

看意思好像,我填不能参加interview, 他们就会做出最终决定,这样是否会影响我的录取概率。
地板
发表于 2003-12-23 12:37:00 | 只看该作者
From what I heard, UIUC will not offer phone interview. If you are unable to do on-campus interview, it will probably put you on a wait-list. You might still get in later, but it will take months before you know the final decision.
5#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-12-23 19:46:00 | 只看该作者
啊,是这样啊,哪不是从大陆申请的学生全都要被放入 wait-list 了吗?

难道uiuc就不能没有alumni interview 吗?
6#
发表于 2003-12-24 01:51:00 | 只看该作者
well, as I am from Taiwan, I do not know if the same interview policy applies to applicants in China.
7#
发表于 2003-12-24 02:46:00 | 只看该作者
The only good way to solve this problem is to write the adcom and tell them it's impossible for u to get a visa just for interview, i believe they will understand. Just like what chipmunk said, find out the alternative way, if can tell the adcom, u can call them for the interview.
8#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-12-24 09:05:00 | 只看该作者
thanks all very much!

I have contacted the adcom, they said that they does not offer telephone interviews.  If an alumni interview comes available they will contact me.  At this time they will forward my application on to final review.

do you guys think whether they will give me a offer even without a interview???
9#
发表于 2003-12-24 11:12:00 | 只看该作者
sounds like this no phone interview policy is true for both Taiwanese and Chinese applicants and might be universal.

From what I understand, again from Taiwanese applicants last year, I know it's possible to get admitted without an interview, but usually you will be put on a waitlist first. You might be admitted later, but no guarantee.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-26 04:35
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部