打印 上一主题 下一主题

(区别)申请前与申请后的面试

[复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2003-11-25 13:28:00 | 只看该作者

(区别)申请前与申请后的面试

以下是引用uiber在2003-11-25 10:38:00的发言:
really glad to know so many "comrades" :p
as for the interview which i am sure most of you will take through telephone, it is not that challenging. the interviewer is very friendly and the questions are all normal ones. as i always say good luck to all of us

特意把这个帖子拎出来与大家商量商量。

有一些学校是申请前就有面试,如chicago等等;另外一些是你交完申请费后by invitation,窃以为这两种面试的性质是有区别的。

by invitation的是来真的,你已经过了第一关了,所以有些challenges,偶尔会把胆小的吓个半死。

申请前就面试的,有一部分推广该商学院的用意在里面,希望申请的人越多越好,所以不大可能真的challenge你太多,让你感觉非常好,飘飘然地把银子交了,再正儿八经地研究研究要不要你。

各 位 意 下 如 何 ?
沙发
发表于 2003-11-25 13:33:00 | 只看该作者
个人觉得收到申请材料以后的面试比较有意义。
在了解申请者的基本信息后的面试更有针对性,而之前的顶多也就了解一下申请者的口语、交流水平等,聊得会比较空泛。
板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2003-11-25 14:01:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用jeff2003在2003-11-25 13:33:00的发言:
个人觉得收到申请材料以后的面试比较有意义。
在了解申请者的基本信息后的面试更有针对性,而之前的顶多也就了解一下申请者的口语、交流水平等,聊得会比较空泛。

顶!

试想,在你递交申请材料之前就拷问你个体无完肤,你还敢申请么?

巨牛如哈佛, 沃顿,MIT,Stanford,正在茁壮成长的小牛耶鲁都有大批的申请人,所以很拽,不会给申请前的面试。芝加哥一心要超越巨牛,所以采用了中等学校的战略,提前面试。
地板
发表于 2003-11-25 18:55:00 | 只看该作者
Please keep in mind that an applicant can only have one interview with a school in one application season. Therefore, don't overlook the importance of your interview with schools of interests even before you submit your applications. If you perform poorly in an interview before you send it an application, you will not be given a second chance to interview later.
5#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-11-26 01:29:00 | 只看该作者
Sure.  Any interview is very important.  There's no doubt in it.

However, the differences between pre-application and after-application interviews remind us that:

(1) pre interviews tend to be easier, while after interviews tend to be challenging;
(2) if you had good experience in pre interviews, don't take it for granted that after interviews will give you that experience, you'll probably have tougher questions
(3) if you feel wonderful when you walk out of the pre interview room, your feeling is probably only 50% correct
(4) if you feel wonderful when you walk out of the after interview room, Congratulations!!!

What do you think? My friends.  There are some friends who applied last year.  These guys probably would like to tell us they had some pretty good pre interviews.  however, the result maybe is to receive a ding two months after they submitted applications.  

So far i have never heard anyone feeling really bad for pre interviews.  do you?

6#
发表于 2003-11-26 03:11:00 | 只看该作者
My pre interview in Fuqua was not wonderful. A lot of tough questions. When I discussed this with some second year MBAs, they said that Fuqua should already check my resume and avoid some common questions for me because the school knew I do not have real business world experience, but they want to know if I have the potential in business.
7#
发表于 2003-11-26 09:01:00 | 只看该作者
another point, only for reference.

after the pre interview, the interviewer already has some information of the applicant. is it possible that the interviewer shows the expectation of the application package, but the committe will never review your material because of your poor performance in the pre interview?

what's your opinion?
8#
发表于 2008-2-7 23:58:00 | 只看该作者

"巨牛如哈佛, 沃顿,MIT,Stanford,正在茁壮成长的小牛耶鲁都有大批的申请人,所以很拽,不会给申请前的面试。芝加哥一心要超越巨牛,所以采用了中等学校的战略,提前面试。"

What are you talking about? Chicago's mba program is always better than MIT (even Stanford, although last year Stanford's ranking is higher), no mention Yale.

9#
发表于 2008-2-8 08:56:00 | 只看该作者

pre-interview can push forward the application process

and collect more prospective applicants by informal interaction

this process will benefit both sides since it can extend the reach of the program that attract more prospective students to have a quasi-evaluative interviews, select some really talented applicants to follow up, also let the applicants know about the program style during the interaction process. Some applicants who don't prepare well enough can also have time to improve, or choose other program style beforehand if not suited.

Although it can be as formal as real evaluative interview, it'll be very unlikely to have major effect on the admission decision since the critical information such as essays and other reference data are still absent.

[此贴子已经被作者于2008-2-8 8:57:45编辑过]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-25 19:51
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部