返回列表 发新帖
查看: 5401|回复: 7
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[面试经验] Kellogg Interview Day

[精华] [复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2003-11-22 17:13:00 | 只看该作者

Kellogg Interview Day

Participated the Kellogg interview today, following are points might be helpful.

The whole interview lasted over a hour, and had a very pleasant conversation with the alumni, a very nice person.  
Kellogg has a quite traditional interview approach, so all the questions today were quite straight forward.
1. Tell me something about yourself
2. Leadership experience, how do you motivate people
3. Long term and short term goal
4. Why MBA, Why Kellogg, do you applied any other schools?
5. Teamwork experience
6. Went though some particular transitions in my career
7. Personal interests
8. 3 words to describe yourself

Kellogg emphasizes teamwork, so a lot of questions were related to team environment.

Some tips:
- Be yourself and be confident
- Be prepared, especially about the school, since the interview is a great chance to show your commitment
- Interview is a kinda conversation, not a presentation, so don't make a long speech unless you are told to do so
- Structure your answers and make you points very clear
- Prepared some specific questions you wanta ask

Good luck!
沙发
发表于 2003-11-22 18:39:00 | 只看该作者
Congratulations for your performance during the interview. I took the interview too but not as lucky as you are. My alum is not that nice and is very challenging. He digged very deep into each of my answers and tried to challenge me all the time. He also kept yawning and left the room several times don't know if it is because my answers were too boring and not convincing (which I really don't think so)
Anyway, good luck to all of us!
板凳
发表于 2003-11-23 07:54:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用uiber在2003-11-22 18:39:00的发言:
Congratulations for your performance during the interview. I took the interview too but not as lucky as you are. My alum is not that nice and is very challenging. He digged very deep into each of my answers and tried to challenge me all the time. He also kept yawning and left the room several times don't know if it is because my answers were too boring and not convincing (which I really don't think so)
Anyway, good luck to all of us!

Being challenged doesn't necessarily mean bad. But obviously the alumni didn't show professionism to you.
地板
发表于 2003-11-23 08:52:00 | 只看该作者
Hi! Uiber,

I agree with valarie. Your performance may be not as bad as you think. The Kellogg interview is famous for its digging to detail, detail and detail. Hope you get a better result at the end. :-)
5#
发表于 2003-11-23 12:14:00 | 只看该作者
Thank MilanFan for sharing your experience with us!
I will apply Kellogg in Round II. Your notes are very important.
6#
发表于 2003-11-23 14:13:00 | 只看该作者
thanks so much for your encouraging words Valarie and SmileFM, I will post my good news if and hope they are available! THANKS
7#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-11-23 19:43:00 | 只看该作者
Yes, different interviewers have quite different styles, challenging and tough talks not necessarily mean that he didn't like you, probably just wanted to see your reactions under pressure. So hope you good luck!
8#
发表于 2003-11-24 00:01:00 | 只看该作者
To share my Kellogg interview experience:

I also attended today's interview with a young and pretty lady from Taiwan who is very sharp. The interview lasted exactly 1 hour.

1. The first question is Strengths and Weaknesses.
2. When I said I have leadership, then several detailed questions followed in regards to my leadership experience. After I finished this, time almost passed almost 20 minutes.
3. What's challenging in my work?
4. How many other schools I apply?
5. Why Kellogg MMM (I applied MMM program)?
6. Personal interests
7. Introduce my work experience in working for a national institute as a volunteer (I put that in my resume).

I asked several questions about MMM dual program, my essay format, etc.

Lastly, I am personally satisfied with the interview process. I hope the interviewer feel the same way

My suggestions:
1. Know every detail about your resume.
2. Be prepared to answer the follow-up questions, as the interviewer will dig into very deep if she feel not convinced or just interested. So be yourself, don't try to forge answers, which I think the interview will find out.

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-20 13:15
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部