返回列表 发新帖
查看: 4152|回复: 4
打印 上一主题 下一主题

关于INTERVIEW的问题

[复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2003-11-20 04:22:00 | 只看该作者

关于INTERVIEW的问题

据说有些学校不是INTERVIEW BY INVITATION.而是普遍面试。请问前20的学校有多少是这种政策呢?如果是这样,我是否需要预先同他们联系,并在递交申请之前就进行面试呢?
沙发
发表于 2003-11-20 07:59:00 | 只看该作者
you can find their policy on their websites.
板凳
发表于 2003-11-21 14:03:00 | 只看该作者
我知道的必须要面试的学校有:kellogg, michigan,by invitation得有harvard,stanford, mit, cmu, berkeley, 其他就不是很清楚了。
地板
发表于 2003-11-21 14:22:00 | 只看该作者
有一个老外(现在已经从chicago毕业了)对一个多年前的面试一直耿耿于怀,于是写了下面这3段话:

After reading all the advice in this posting, I would write a letter and follow up with a phone call two or three days after the letter arrives. I had a similar experience when I applied to business schools a few years ago. My safety school was a Jesuit university in the Georgetown distict of Washington DC (do not want to name names here, ha, ha但是他显然指的是Georgetown University). The interviewer. a second year MBA student, had previouly worked for an international auto manufacturer and I had worked for GM for the past 4 years. When he asked about my experience, he kept asking me for the names of my department heads. The first time he did this I thought it was wierd, but then I figured out what he was doing, he was gathering information for his own job search. The remainder of the interview focused more on him, his accomplishments and career goals rather than me.  I was almost waiting for him to hand me a copy of his resume at the end of the interview. After the interview, I almost said something to the adcom staff, but I was so angry I was afraid I would say something I would regret. So I left the school and went a grabed a beer with my brother, a student in the undergrad program there.

To keep this short story from getting any longer, I interviewed at other higher ranked schools. Each interview was with an adcom staff member. I got in to every school I applied to, except the Jesuit university in the Georgetown discrict of Washington DC. I got waitlisted there, the reason they gave me was while my scores and application were all strong, they did not feel like they got to know me in the interview process and the requested that I compete another essay and submit it for further consideration. Well, with my other offers in hand, I made a photo copy of my hand making an obscene gesture and almost mailed it to the adcom staff. My wife made me throw it out.

While I am happy with the education I got during my MBA program, I always am a little pissed that I did not get in to every program I applied to, and it really irks me that the lowest ranked school I applied to was the one that rejected me. Now if you are still with me on this long post, here is my long winded advices summed up: This is your future, don't back down from this an just accept the interview. Contact the school in a professional manner, via letter and follow up phone call and go from there. Better to take a chance and fail then to sit here two or three years later pissed at the interviewer.

有一个老外(现在已经从chicago毕业了)对一个多年前的面试一直耿耿于怀,于是写了上面这3段话。
5#
发表于 2003-11-21 14:32:00 | 只看该作者
这个恐怕是一个特例吧。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-25 06:57
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部