以下是引用meyou在2006-3-13 13:56:00的发言:
无病呻吟的小孩,等有点人生阅历了再来发发感叹吧

hahahaha,这哥们也太伤人自尊了。

42#
发表于 2006-3-16 11:37:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用funnytiger在2006-3-13 14:24:00的发言:

sales:

perform under pressure.

good communication skill. can convince people even though they do not agree with you in the beginning.

good people skill: make people like you.

number crunching skills.

MBA assumes that you have those skills. well, at least good MBA programs do. So why not try the sales first to get some diversified experience under the belt.

a top notch performer in any other field is eqipped with the same attributes listed here...  

43#
发表于 2006-3-16 11:51:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用iwillsucceed在2006-3-13 13:11:00的发言:

今年25,名校CS本。目前在一个TOP软件公司做工程师。

想想在中国做技术非常没前途和钱途。如果出去做sales,我也不太适合。我同学在ibm已经一人一年拿下5个million usd的quota了。

如果读mba转行的话,一没钱,两年8万刀了。二是因为技术的工作背景也很难申请到好的b-school.

U can make it to the top by climbing the technical ladder...  But the competition is fierce, like in any other field... Maybe it is cruel, but realizing and facing the reality of who we really are takes guts...  But only when we really know our strength, weakness, interests, we will all suffer from being stucked in the gap between our self-expectation and reality  

44#
发表于 2006-7-11 13:23:00 | 只看该作者

Dear Swinerton,

I am deeply moved and actuated by you.

THX.

45#
发表于 2006-7-15 06:41:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用Swinerton在2006-3-15 5:49:00的发言:

when I was 25, I was a candidate of permanent head damaged person. At that time, I lived in a small town in America doing research that no more than 100 people in this world really understand. I wanted to find a job in NYC or CA. failed. America just experienced 911 and was in economy downturn. I got interview, but 90% companies rejected me because I am not American. I wanted to start from intern. My school delayed my CPT application and I missed the deadline.

I wanted to transfer to a better university to do promising research, failed. because in that year, 700 people applied that phd program to berkeley, and only 10 of them were admitted.I wanted to switch to another research group, failed. because that professor did not have opening in his group.

I spent a whole summer in my small studio. I thought I was stuck in America, I could not find my future. When I came to US, I was an ambitious guy but after 2 years, I found I was just a loser.

But in late August, finally I got a call from a professor in a prestigious univ. in California because of one of my research papers. Then I decided to go to CA even that professor didn't have funding at that time. In CA, I spent three months in a Chinese restaurant as deliver boy to make a living and did great research for my advisor at the same time. we got great funding from NFS.

Because of my work, I was recommended to a top consulting company by my advisor because he would be chairperson of my department and would not have enough time to work with me on my research. Although I finally just got a Master' degree, I got into a cool company and got precious experiences in both academia and industry.

Then I took GMAT when I was 27 and was accepted to a good MBA program one year later.

If you feel difficult in China, you will have more unexpected failures in America. But wherever you are, remember:

1. Never give up and be confident in yourself

2. Have a clear action plan

3. Read, think, talk

4. Just do it!

先顶一下。

然后,最近sc已经成条件反射了。认为highlight部分略有歧义。大家讨论。

其实文章中的CR问题也不少...正面典型偶就不乱挑了。

46#
发表于 2006-7-15 09:22:00 | 只看该作者

P: Problem - you have already identified part of your problems, which is good

A: Action - it's time to make an action plan rather than sitting back and being negative

R: Result - it depends on your action plan, postive anything is better than negative nothing.

So take action now... you will succeed!

47#
发表于 2006-7-15 09:23:00 | 只看该作者
Friends里有一场戏,Rachel在30岁生日party上感伤于自己年华老去,Tag说:"I understand your feeling. I totally freaked out when I turned 25!" Rachel闻言大怒,指着屋门说:"Get out! Get out of my apartment!"
48#
发表于 2006-7-15 14:34:00 | 只看该作者

楼主不要讲这种丧气的话

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-27 12:39
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部