ChaseDream
搜索
返回列表 发新帖
查看: 3712|回复: 8

[面试经验] Wharton interview experience

[精华] [复制链接]
发表于 2006-2-22 23:46:00 | 显示全部楼层

Wharton interview experience

Just finished my Wharton interview. I did the interview with an alumnus in my local city in Virginia. Overall, the interviewer was very nice and quite talkative. He made a lot of comments when I was talking about my career goal of going back to China in the financial services industry. He also offered me advices to be open with other career choices if I get in the school. The interview lasted for about 45 minutes, probably 15 minutes was him talking. The guy was very comfortable to talk with, very impressive, I wish I can leave such an impression to the people I talk to in the future. I guess a top MBA experience will help tremendously on that front.

Here are the questions, hope they will be helpful to other applicants here,

1. Career progression, why you made the choices? How you got here and where you are going?

2. What are the biggest challenges you see in realizing your career goal? ( I talked about my career goal of going back to China and work in the financial service industry towards the end of the first question, that's why he asked this question. I talked some general challenges faced by the industry and some personal challenges )

3. Why MBA, why Wharton?

4. What made you successful? ( he spent about 40 seconds asking the question, his original question was sth like "you've had a great career success so far, there are a lot of other folks how also had really impressive career achievements, blahblah, what do you think that made you stand out from the pool? )

5. Give me an example of making an important decision in your career/life. What kind of risk you took.

6. Talk about a disappointment in your life, how you handled it?

7. What do you do for fun

When I answered question 6, I felt he was asking more about a disappointment in my life, not necessary in my career. But I didn't prepare such an example, , so I still talked about a failure in my work and what I learned from it. I guess I didn't do very well on this particular one because after I finished, he said something like "let me push for the other direction again", then he asked question 7. I guess he wanted to see the other side of me. this could be a lesson learned.

Another experience I want share is don't be afraid to ask the interviewer to clarify the question. In my question 5, the interviewer spent 3 minutes asking the question, to be honest, I was a bit lost ( he probably realized his rambling too, ). After he finished, I clarified the question by rephrasing it back to him before I started to answer it. That helped a lot.

I am so glad that I am done with this process ( rewarding, but painful too ). Hopefully I don't have to repeat it again next year.

Hope everybody the best luck!

[此贴子已经被作者于2006-2-23 0:02:56编辑过]
发表于 2006-2-22 23:55:00 | 显示全部楼层
Thanks!
发表于 2006-2-22 23:55:00 | 显示全部楼层
thanks for share, and bless you!
发表于 2006-2-23 00:11:00 | 显示全部楼层
good luck!
发表于 2006-2-23 01:33:00 | 显示全部楼层

Thanks! You can make it!I think that the longer the interview,the more chance that you got admitted you have. I have a Japanese friend,with GMAT 700 and very bad oral english, but he was interviewed by Columbia University over an hour. Finally he got admitted. By the way he is sponered by The Bank Of Japan.

发表于 2006-2-23 08:10:00 | 显示全部楼层
Thanks and good luck!
发表于 2006-2-23 22:21:00 | 显示全部楼层
Thanks!  Best luck!
发表于 2006-2-23 22:56:00 | 显示全部楼层

thanks, good luck for your application

发表于 2006-2-24 01:17:00 | 显示全部楼层
thanks
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-17 03:40
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部