返回列表 发新帖
查看: 3544|回复: 4
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[面试经验] NYU Stern interview experiences

[精华] [复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2006-2-17 09:57:00 | 只看该作者

NYU Stern interview experiences

Just came back yesterday. Interviewed in the morning, had a lunch with a 1st year student, and then sat in a class.

Yes, you will receive a t-shirt and a folder filled with program info customized to your application and interests. A very nice thing that the school has done for applicants.

A 2nd year student interviewed me, and an adcom staff sat next to her. I think more and more 2nd-year students are picking up the interview now. As far as I know all other applicants being interviewed that day are 2R, I am the only 1R.  Hope I can get a quicker decision.

The interview is NOT BLIND.  I can never say anything louder on this post than this. My first question was about my last essay!  Read your essays carefully and prepare possible questions.  The school also took time to find an interview that has similar background and similar career interests as mine.  During the interview she asked a specific question about my work.  So if you spend 5 hours preparing a blind interview, doubling that amount for Stern interview is not unreasonable.

Following is a list of questions that I can remember. Not necessarily in the original sequence.

1. What your boss would describe you.

2. Why MBA

3. Why Stern

4. Why did you come to US

5. What are the companies you want to work for after you graduate

6. What’s your back-up plan if you failed to find an internship in the companies that you are interested in.

7. I think there was a question about my work in my company

8. What do you do for fun

Overall impression is that the school really took their time and resources to know every applicant.  The school invites only smaller percent of applicants to interview but gives a higher percent of admission in the interview pool.  I have never doubt the location advantage of the school and its great community, and this trip just made that impression stronger.

Best luck!

[此贴子已经被作者于2006-2-17 22:17:14编辑过]
沙发
发表于 2006-2-17 10:07:00 | 只看该作者
Thank you very much, Coffemug!
板凳
发表于 2006-2-17 10:19:00 | 只看该作者
Thanks for Sharing. Good luck.
地板
发表于 2006-2-17 15:03:00 | 只看该作者

Thx for the sharing!

I have to work hard on my interview then.

5#
发表于 2006-9-22 08:39:00 | 只看该作者
????Qs. Your interview in September is for 2007 Fall enrollment?
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-26 20:11
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部