返回列表 发新帖
查看: 6141|回复: 11
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[面试经验] Yale interview and the interviewer sucks

[精华] [复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2006-2-17 06:07:00 | 只看该作者

Yale interview and the interviewer sucks

Did the Yale on campus interview in January. Not a favorable experience. Had been debating whether it is good to share. The other day I saw Coffeemug asked me for my Yale interview. Write it down anyway.

This is the interview that I mentioned in an interview summary post. I learned from this Yale on campus interview  that even you do an on campus interview still the interviewer may bring in negative facter.

It was a second year student. Asian lady.  

Q: What is your strength that you may bring into Yale?

A: ..Blah blah.

Q: I see. What is your weakness in teamwork?

A: I fit well into teamwork. I work well as a team leader and good team player. I feel comfortable in team environment.

Q: Do you mean you do not have a weakness?

A: Well I do not mean I do not have a weakness. But I think I fit in the teamwork.

Q: Anyone has a weakness. So you do not have one?

A:...

Q: It is Ok. Do not feel be pushed. If you think you do not have weakness I can just write that down.

A: Well, I really got a little bit confused. Could you please clarify a little bit?

Q: I asked you what strength you may bring into Yale. Now in the same token I am asking you what your weakness is?

A: But you mentioned the weakness in teamwork. Could you please give me a scenario so that I may put myself in?

Q: Say you are in a group. You have a paper due next Monday. This is a team work. Is there any weakness for you in such environment?

A: OK. I got the point. I think XXX may be a concern.

Q: OK. I do the same thing some times.

Q: I was supposed to give you time for asking questions. But it is now 30 minutes. We should cut off.

Q: If you have any question please send me email.

A: I will. Thank you.

I drove back to the hotel. Felt frustrated.

Anyway I understood that I needed to send a thank you note. I opened my web mail. There was an email from the interviewer waiting for me.

She thanked me for coming for interview. She said that she assumed that she answered all my concerns but if I have further questions I may send her an email.

While I was waiting in the ADCOM office I noticed that other applicants got 35 to 45 minutes. (each has different interviewer).

I do not think I bear chance for Yale anymore after the interview. You may always comment that I performed bad in the interview. But I believe that the interviewer directed the interview into wrong direction.

I understood that I post this one will not bring me anything good. (I kind of do not like the interviewer. But I do not think it will hurt the interviewer in any negative way either).

I just hope that this may help those who are preparing for their upcoming interview. Just be prepared anything could happen. And try to be prepared and be cool. We volunteered to get into this game. Whatever we need to face it.

沙发
发表于 2006-2-17 06:17:00 | 只看该作者
就这么点问题就30分钟了?anyway, good luck to your applications。
板凳
发表于 2006-2-17 06:22:00 | 只看该作者
Let it go, foget the unhappy thing and keep going.
地板
发表于 2006-2-17 07:27:00 | 只看该作者
Thanks for sharing!
5#
发表于 2006-2-17 09:07:00 | 只看该作者

Don't feel bad at all.  It is almost impossible to prepare every questions that the interviewer might ask.  Although every school claims that their interview process is pretty consistent, but we all know that it is not always true.  She gave you a tough question to answer, and I think she understands that too.

I always feel somehow unsatisfied about my interview afterwards.  I should have answered this question in this way, or the answer should have been a little bit more structured, or oh-mi-ga I forgot to state an important point, blah blah blah.  It can go on and on.

Anyway, as the interview is already finished, take the burden off your shoulder and march forward. Just do the best and leave the rest to the allmighty.

6#
发表于 2006-2-17 09:19:00 | 只看该作者

我觉得interviewer没错,反而是你没有回答到他的问题,在那里兜圈子。 weakness,quite straightforward,每个人都有的,为什么不愿意说呢? 当时,我被问到的时候,我就直截了当地说,我比较不喜欢和笨的人工作,比较不耐烦。然后,adcom一拍脑袋,他说他理解,他有时候也是这样的,一件事情和人讲半天自己十分钟就做完了。然后大家一起笑。

7#
发表于 2006-2-17 10:23:00 | 只看该作者

同意nautic的意见。lz有一点绕圈子了。如果你认为你没有weakness in teamwork,我觉得你也应该直接说明,而不是绕了一圈。或者这么说,是否fit well in teamwork跟有无weakness其实并不相关,lz没有切中问题回答。不过感谢lz把过程贴出来,让我们后来者引以为戒,多谢!

[此贴子已经被作者于2006-2-17 10:25:10编辑过]
8#
发表于 2006-2-17 16:59:00 | 只看该作者
i dont think you make any huge mistake. it is just because of the matter of misunderstanding...and finally you both clarify it, so dont worry....nice sharing, thanks
9#
发表于 2006-2-17 18:17:00 | 只看该作者

谢谢分享!别泄气,没有到最后一分钟,谁也不知道结果滴。我记得当时Tuck那个电话面试后,我也觉得没戏的,因为一点户动的感觉都没有,她整个过程都保持沉默,我觉得好像自言自语。

Good Luck!

10#
发表于 2006-2-17 19:23:00 | 只看该作者

Hi, LZ, 你是不是觉得有点frustrated,那么这样做好了,现在就问自己这个问题,What kind of things frustrates you the most, and how do you handle it. 我相信你找到这个MBA interview question的答案之后一定就会知道自己该怎么办了。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-25 13:22
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部