搜索
12下一页
返回列表 发新帖
查看: 5176|回复: 10

[面试经验] [原创]Yale on-campus interview experiences

[精华] [复制链接]
发表于 2006-1-26 02:24:00 | 显示全部楼层

[原创]Yale on-campus interview experiences

Interview is blind.  In MBA Tour last year, YALE admission officer there also said that the interview questions would be very straight forward.
Thank testtech, cheeyong, yangrongxos, and everyone else for providing help.

Questions I was asked:
Go through your resume, about your work, why you go to xxx school, why you study xxxx....
Why you come to business school?  Career goal? (not exactly the same words)
Why now?
Why yale?
What are the challenges in your job?
What would you boss describe you?
Tell me about your interests (I listed several of my interests on my resume)
What did you do during xxx, did you do anything interesting (There is a half year gap on my resume, that is why he asked)?

These are all I can remember. Hope it helps.

For those who travel to New Haven to conduct the interview or to visit campus without a rental car, I recommend Marriot Courtyard hotel.  I payed ~$85 after tax for staying overa nite. Very nice room, right next to campus, about 10 minutes walking distance to SOM.  You can find its phone number on SOM web site, check the rate and make a reservation. Do not forget to mention YALE SOM discount.  This is the cheapest I can find among all other hotels on SOM list.   Certainly if you have a rent car and plan to park on campus during the visit, you will have more options to live in a more economical hotel in town within a reasonable distance.

For those who plan to fly to New Haven direct, leave plenty of room for flight schedule changes.  There are only US Airway jets commute to New Haven, and I can not say any good words about their services.  

发表于 2006-1-26 02:27:00 | 显示全部楼层
thanks and best wishes
发表于 2006-1-26 02:28:00 | 显示全部楼层

谢谢您的分享!

非常精彩!

发表于 2006-1-26 03:50:00 | 显示全部楼层
thanks for sharing. If you knew you would get an offer from tuck, would you still go to yale's interview?

楼主| 发表于 2006-1-26 04:51:00 | 显示全部楼层

Why you ask? I havn't thought about it.  

Interview definitely is a painful process. But I can always learn something out of it.

发表于 2006-1-26 11:17:00 | 显示全部楼层
You can fly into Hartford which is about 30-50min away from New Haven.

$85 at Marriot Courtyard is a very good deal.  The hotel offers the best value for the money.

Good luck.
 楼主| 发表于 2006-1-26 11:42:00 | 显示全部楼层

Thanks.  Yes, I was detoured to Hardfort in the midnight after I missed the last flight to New Haven. Totally unprepared. The driving was Ok though.

发表于 2006-1-26 11:48:00 | 显示全部楼层

HOW DID THE INTERVIEW LAST?  IT WAS CONDUCTED BY CURRENT STUDENTS?  THX,

楼主| 发表于 2006-1-26 21:24:00 | 显示全部楼层

About half an hour.  Within this half hour, he/she will leave ~5 minutes to let you ask questions.   

The interviewer was a 2nd-year student, very nice.   A little tense at the begining though, but we both relaxed a little bit as the conversation went.   

I went to the visit center almost an hour early. While I was waiting in the office, I saw he already interviewed at least two other applicants.  One 2-year stduent interviewer was late for some reasons, and then the admission director interviewed the applicant.  I think majority of the applicants wwill be interviewed by 2nd year students.  

发表于 2006-1-26 21:42:00 | 显示全部楼层
GL
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-3-29 19:51
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部