查看: 3313|回复: 6
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[求助]AI016,自己觉得很烂,NN帮忙

[复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2005-8-9 22:23:00 | 只看该作者

[求助]AI016,自己觉得很烂,NN帮忙

16.   419

“Public buildings reveal much about the attitudes and values of the society that builds them. Today’s new schools, courthouses, airports, and libraries, for example, reflect the attitudes and values of today’s society.”

Discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the opinion stated above. Support your views with reasons and/or examples from your own experience, observations, or reading.

There exists much concern about can the new buildings such as the schools, libraries and airports reflect the attitudes and values of today’s society. Some people agree that people can know a society through the buildings, while others believe that the buildings represent little even nothing. As far as I am concerned, while both sides make some senses, if I were forced to make a decision, I would agree with the former that the new buildings can reflect attitudes and values of today’s society.   84

In the first place, the design of the buildings, which appears first to all people, is always a sign of the current society. First of all, for example, a main trend today is the globalization, therefore, from Shanghai to New York, most of the new buildings are the same, with magnificent appearances outside and fine decorations inside, which can best tell such a trend. In addition, as different people have different characters, so do different buildings. Take Bank of China Tower as an example. The BOC tower is a masterpiece of the world famous American-Chinese architect Mr. I.M.Pei. The inspiration of the design is derived from the elegant poise of bamboo. Now, the BOC tower is a symbolic of strength, vitality and growth, representing also the Bank’s commitment to the rapid development of the society. Therefore, as different people consists a society, different buildings also represent a society.         148

On the second thought, the functions of the new buildings can reflect the attitudes and values of the society from the other aspects. One society in which most of the new buildings are the libraries, the schools or the museums will show its concern on education, while another society which is full of commercial buildings will unveil its concentration on business. Thus, from the main use of the new buildings, one can also learn the values and preferences of the society.    81

Last but not least, some people may argue that today, new buildings are increasingly homogenized, consequently cannot represent the distinctive attitude. I should admit that it is the truth, however, first, the of trend globalization can be the base of the homogenization, in addition, this trend instead can show that today people are more likely to learn from each other than they ever have.  64

In conclusion, given the facts that today the new buildings can reflect the attitudes and values of the society not only from their designs but also from their functions. Therefore, one can surely understand the society from the new buildings it has.  42

沙发
 楼主| 发表于 2005-8-10 14:28:00 | 只看该作者
Up,大家帮我看看哦,我觉得issue好难哦!
板凳
发表于 2005-8-10 18:18:00 | 只看该作者
支持一下。偶不是大牛,所以无法提供好的意见。
地板
 楼主| 发表于 2005-8-10 19:46:00 | 只看该作者
up again
5#
发表于 2005-8-10 23:53:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用stateside在2005-8-9 22:23:00的发言:

16.   419

“Public buildings reveal much about the attitudes and values of the society that builds them. Today’s new schools, courthouses, airports, and libraries, for example, reflect the attitudes and values of today’s society.”

Discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the opinion stated above. Support your views with reasons and/or examples from your own experience, observations, or reading.

There exists much concern about can the new buildings such as the schools, libraries and airports reflect the attitudes and values of today’s society.

建议这句改成whether那种形式吧,这么说怎么感觉不大对头捏?

Some people agree that people can know a society through the buildings, while others believe that the buildings represent little even nothing. As far as I am concerned, while both sides make some senses, if I were forced to make a decision, I would agree with the former that the new buildings can reflect attitudes and values of today’s society.   84

In the first place, the design of the buildings, which appears first to all people, is always a sign of the current society. First of all, for example, a main trend today is the

好象用contemporary更符合你要表达的意思。

globalization, therefore, from Shanghai to New York, most of the new buildings are the same, with magnificent appearances outside and fine decorations inside, which can best tell such a trend. In addition, as different people have different characters, so do different buildings. Take Bank of China Tower as an example. The BOC tower is a masterpiece of the world famous American-Chinese architect Mr. I.M.Pei. The inspiration of the design is derived from the elegant poise of bamboo. Now, the BOC tower is a symbolic of strength, vitality and growth, representing also the Bank’s

symbol

commitment to the rapid development of the society. Therefore, as different people consists a society, different buildings also represent a society.         148

On the second thought, the functions of the new buildings can reflect the attitudes and values of the society from the other aspects. One society in which most of the new

去掉

buildings are the libraries, the schools or the museums will show its concern on education, while another society which is full of commercial buildings will unveil its concentration on business. Thus, from the main use of the new buildings, one can also learn the values and preferences of the society.    81

Last but not least, some people may argue that today, new buildings are increasingly homogenized, consequently cannot represent the distinctive attitude. I should admit that it is the truth, however, first, the of trend globalization can be the base of the homogenization, in addition, this trend instead can show that today people are more likely to learn from each other than they ever have.  64

In conclusion, given the facts that today the new buildings can reflect the attitudes and values of the society not only from their designs but also from their functions. Therefore, one can surely understand the society from the new buildings it has.  42

这个题目是fish认为最不好写的。所以没关系拉。我觉得可能再看下别人的提纲会比较好,关键是思路。我明天再把我的给你贴出来好了,今天太晚了。

6#
发表于 2005-8-11 13:46:00 | 只看该作者

judy早点休息吧~~

其实广见博闻,词汇丰富的话,这题目也不难写...是我自己平时建筑的例子积累的少!!

14、例子集               推荐级别:★★★★
http://forum.chasedream.com/dispbbs.asp?boardID=26&ID=454
写issue需要举例,这里有些很好的例子。还有一些sayings。

这个很好~参考下...

还有小女的文章,里面小女和ok的文章都不错~可以参考...

http://forum.chasedream.com/dispbbs.asp?BoardID=26&ID=115584&replyID=&skin=0

7#
 楼主| 发表于 2005-8-11 15:16:00 | 只看该作者

谢谢大家,觉得issue好难写

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

IESE MBA
近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-28 08:13
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部