查看: 2724|回复: 5
打印 上一主题 下一主题

AI16 好容易憋出一篇 欢迎大家狠狠拍

[复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2006-3-21 15:04:00 | 只看该作者

AI16 好容易憋出一篇 欢迎大家狠狠拍

AA16

Do public buildings reveal much about the attitudes and values of the society that builds them? The answer is obvious—yes! I definitely agree with the author's general claim--on the basis of the fact that architecture can represent the majority's taste. My view will be strong substantiated by the following discussion, which includes both the fundamental analysis and nature of work.

The primary reason for my view rests on the undeniable fact that the behavior of construction is a reflection of human beings' attitude towards the outside environment. What conduct our activities is our emotions, thoughts and principles. This point can be illustrated in three aspects. First, the popular style of buildings in certain period can express the fashionable aesthetic value. In this case, history is always a good reference. Different architectural styles in different dynasties present various values of the mainstream. For example, Gothicism is widely used in churches in the Middle Ages, during which the Church's status was extremely sacred. The following trend ranging from baroque to rococo also play significant roles in reflecting the prevalent beliefs. Second, the intended use of these constructions can represent the living environment (economy, politic, culture, and etc) of the community, the focus of public concerns. For instance, when more prisons are constructed, it means that the public becomes more concerned about the security. When more people are caring about education, more schools are built. Let me take China for example, nowadays thousands of dowelling houses have been building in every minute, for the booming market of Chinese real estate, in which the most profitable project is selling private houses. Third, the techniques used in building houses reflect the achievement of modern technology. The development does exist not only in the change of major material from wood, straw, and stone to steel, concrete, and glass, but also in the change of using them by architects, who have learned the advanced skills on the basis of the developed science. I still remember the feeling when I volunteered the 10th national sports meeting last year. During that time, I was really shocked by those magnificent constructions, among which the main stadium must be the most catching architecture, for its imaginative design—two strong smooth Chinese red ribbon-like constructions stretch across the stadium over the roof of it. This technique certainly represents the highest level of state of arts in modern world.

To oppose my view, you may argue that public buildings cannot reflect the all-around picture of the value and attitude of the society. Honesty, to some extent, I agree with you at this point, for the limited level of technology. But you may further claim that certain architects have different tastes, thus rendering the different styles of buildings. Here, we part company. My reason can be expressed in two aspects: On the one hand, architects are educated in professional schools, which can be influence by public taste. Moreover, these architects should receive certain certificates, which allow them to get a job successfully. The intuition that awards such certificate must also be aware of the public interest, so those architects who want to be heretical will probably not earn their livings. On the other hand, as a common sense, before a building is constructed, not only a meeting attended by those related people is necessary, but also the approval of the government is indispensable. Every channel of these activities can be influenced by the attitude of the majority of the society.

In final analysis, given the reasons discussed above, which sometimes intertwine to form an organic whole and thus become more persuasive, we may comfortable arrive at the conclusion that public buildings can reflect the societal values and attitudes.

[此贴子已经被作者于2006-3-21 15:16:23编辑过]
沙发
发表于 2006-3-22 08:55:00 | 只看该作者

The primary reason for my view rests on the undeniable fact that the behavior of construction is a reflection of human beings' attitude towards the outside environment. What conduct our activities is our emotions, thoughts and principles. This point can be illustrated in three aspects. First, the popular style of buildings in certain period can express the fashionable aesthetic value. In this case, history is always a good reference. Different architectural styles in different dynasties present various values of the mainstream. For example, Gothicism is widely used in churches in the Middle Ages, during which the Church's status was extremely sacred. The following trend ranging from baroque to rococo also play significant roles in reflecting the prevalent beliefs. Second, the intended use of these constructions can represent the living environment (economy, politic, culture, and etc) of the community, the focus of public concerns. For instance, when more prisons are constructed, it means that the public becomes more concerned about the security. When more people are caring about education, more schools are built. Let me take China for example, nowadays thousands of dowelling houses have been building in every minute, for the booming market of Chinese real estate, in which the most profitable project is selling private houses. Third, the techniques used in building houses reflect the achievement of modern technology. The development does exist not only in the change of major material from wood, straw, and stone to steel, concrete, and glass, but also in the change of using them by architects, who have learned the advanced skills on the basis of the developed science. I still remember the feeling when I volunteered the 10th national sports meeting last year. During that time, I was really shocked by those magnificent constructions, among which the main stadium must be the most catching architecture, for its imaginative design—two strong smooth Chinese red ribbon-like constructions stretch across the stadium over the roof of it. This technique certainly represents the highest level of state of arts in modern world.

我认为你的前两个没有问题,但最后一个没有能证明你的观点.此外principles也没有被证明.

不过,总体不错.

板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2006-3-24 21:28:00 | 只看该作者
谢谢帅哥指点~~鲜花
地板
 楼主| 发表于 2006-3-24 21:45:00 | 只看该作者

可能把PRINCIPLES改成ABILITIES比较好

5#
发表于 2006-3-25 00:40:00 | 只看该作者
LZ的让步段是参考阅读里的一篇,我看着就亲切,赞。
6#
发表于 2006-4-9 18:52:00 | 只看该作者

写作水平很高的.

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

IESE MBA
近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-29 01:44
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部