返回列表 发新帖
查看: 4231|回复: 2
打印 上一主题 下一主题

AI112 请大家拍砖

[复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2006-2-19 23:51:00 | 只看该作者

AI112 请大家拍砖

The overall quality of life in most societies has never been better than at the present time because of recent advancements in such areas as business and technology.”

Has the overall quality of life in most societies never been better than at the present time, as the speaker contended? To some extent, I agree with her view because our lives changed a lot due to technology development. However, the speaker ignores the negative effect the advancement of business and technology bring. What is more, the overall quality is hard to gauge .In my opinion, our life quality is no doubt increase because of the advancement, but it is hasty to contend that overall quality has never been better than at the present. On balance, my points of agreement and contention with the speaker involve in fundamental and deep analysis, as discussed below.

On the one hand, one is likely to admit that this statement, although suffers from some obvious drawbacks, possesses some merits primarily in some special cases in which the implicit rationale behind it accords with common sense and our everyday experience as human beings, hence, is partially indisputable. In business’s aspect, international trade facilitate the transaction of goods in different parts of the world, making it possible that people in China, like me, can enjoy NIKE shoes made in the USA. In technology’s aspect, for example, people can communicate more freely and deeply due to the emergence of the Internet and some software. What’s more, women, used to do a lot of house work, deliberate from it because of the invention of dish washers and washing machines and so on. They can spend their time on more meaningful things, such as getting a degree in their favorite subject, instead of doing the boring housework.

On the other hand, though our life quality to a certain extent increase, technology may bring in some negative effect at the same time. For one thing, some problems emerge resulted from it. For the other, it is hard to judge whether our overall quality of life has increased since different people may hold different criteria. For example, these days, people are disturbed by the junk mails some company sending them or embarrassed by security issues about their credit card. These problems, largely due to the development of technology, however, never existed before. On the other period of the history, people may complain about they do not have shelters or enough cloth or too heavy a work load. Recently, we already have air-conditioned house, special designed cloth and tremendous applications to use. The matter is that different time may exist deferent problems. It is hard to conclude which period of the history has the highest overall life quality, since it is hard to gauge.

In conclusion, since the issue whether overall quality of the life recently is better than any time is a complex one, there is no certain answers. According to me, I partially agree that business and technology bring us lots of changes, but hardly can I agree with the speaker that our overall life quality now is the best.

沙发
发表于 2006-2-20 22:12:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用入画在2006-2-19 23:51:00的发言:

The overall quality of life in most societies has never been better than at the present time because of recent advancements in such areas as business and technology.”

Has the overall quality of life in most societies never been better than at the present time, as the speaker contended? To some extent, I agree with her view because our lives changed a lot due to technology development. 你把作者的意图搞反了.However, the speaker ignores the negative effect the advancement of business and technology bring单数. What is more, the overall quality is hard to gauge .In my opinion, our life quality is no doubt increase because of the advancement, but it is hasty to contend that overall quality has never been better than at the present这也有问题. On balance, my points of agreement and contention with the speaker involve in fundamental and deep analysis, as discussed below.

On the one hand, one is likely to admit that this statement, although suffers from some obvious drawbacks, possesses some merits primarily in some special cases in which the implicit rationale behind it accords with common sense and our everyday experience as human beings, hence, is partially indisputable.怎么又用这个不严谨的句子啊,上次我就说过了. In business’s aspect, international trade facilitate 单数the transaction of goods in different parts of the world, making it possible that people in China, like me, can enjoy NIKE shoes made in the USA. In technology’s aspect, for example, people can communicate more freely and deeply due to the emergence of the Internet and some software. What’s more, women, used to do a lot of house work, deliberate from it because of the invention of dish washers and washing machines and so on. They can spend their time on more meaningful things, such as getting a degree in their favorite subject, instead of doing the boring housework.

On the other hand, though our life quality to a certain extent increase,单数 technology may bring in some negative effect at the same time. For one thing, some problems emerge resulted from it.什么问题,你应该进一步指出来. For the other, it is hard to judge whether our overall quality of life has increased since different people may hold different criteria.这不能证明你说的负面影响啊. For example, these days, people are disturbed by the junk mails some company sending them or embarrassed by security issues about their credit card. These problems, largely due to the development of technology, however, never existed before.这句的位置不对,应该在 For one thing, some problems emerge resulted from it.之后. On the other period of the history, people may complain about they do not have shelters or enough cloth or too heavy a work load. Recently, we already have air-conditioned house, special designed cloth and tremendous applications to use. The matter is that different time may exist deferent problems. It is hard to conclude which period of the history has the highest overall life quality, since it is hard to gauge.

In conclusion, since the issue whether overall quality of the life recently is better than any time is a complex one, there is no certain answers. According to me, I partially agree that business and technology bring us lots of changes, but hardly can I agree with the speaker that our overall life quality now is the best.同样有问题.

板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2006-2-21 13:08:00 | 只看该作者

To some extent, I agree with her view because our lives changed a lot due to technology development. 你把作者的意图搞反了.

我怎么搞反了呢?不明白。请LAIHONG讲讲。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

IESE MBA
近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-28 10:43
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部