返回列表 发新帖
查看: 3036|回复: 0
打印 上一主题 下一主题

AI029

[复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2005-8-12 15:23:00 | 只看该作者

AI029

Although many people give priority to successful results, some people suggest that the key to success is to focus on the specific task at hand without worrying about the final results. It is true that worrying too much about the results might adversely affect one's performance. However, I believe that keeping the results in mind contributes to the realization of the ultimate goal.

Admittedly, caring too much about results may solicit anxieties that distract people's attention on the tasks at hand, leading to disappointing performance.

This is especially true in the field of sports games. More often than not, what determines the final success of an athlete is not body or skills but psychology. My favorite table tennis star Kong Linghui once told the reporters the key to his success, "Just concentrate on every hit on the ball. If all that in your mind is the score, you will lose. Too much care about winning will kill you." I believe what he said describes accurately how worries about results may adversely affect one's performance.

However, bearing results in mind can help prevent people from being bogged down in details. The process to the ultimate result can be divided into many different small tasks. Some people assert that making every one of these tasks perfect will naturally lead to desirable results. However, I tend to believe that a narrow concentration on details might cause people to lose the larger picture. Take my experience in reviewing my test last term for example. There were twelve chapters to review to prepare for the test. And several of these chapters are especially hard to understand. If I chose to focus on the specific task at hand, namely, to concentrate on the difficult ones until I completely grasp the material, I would not have enough time to review the other chapters. Rather, I should keep in mind that the test would examine the overall understanding of the whole book and allocate my time reasonably across various sections.

Moreover, visions about the prospective future motivate people to strive hard for their dreams. Specific tasks at hand can be rather tedious and frustrating if one cannot see the bright future. Once I read from Fortune magazine that CEO of Siemens recommended a method for success: keenly visualize the future. That is to say, imaging what one really wants to achieve and how one wants things to look like before getting down to specific work.

In conclusion, although worrying too much about results may distract people from concentrating on doing the best they can for the task at hand, bearing the future result in mind may contribute to the final success, since it not only reminds people of the larger picture but also motivate people to work hard toward success.

[此贴子已经被作者于2005-8-12 20:10:43编辑过]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

IESE MBA
近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-29 02:40
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部