返回列表 发新帖
查看: 3776|回复: 7
打印 上一主题 下一主题

AI131集思广益中参加讨论提高自己惠及他人

[复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2005-7-10 09:33:00 | 只看该作者

AI131集思广益中参加讨论提高自己惠及他人

131. “We can learn more about a society by observing how its people spend their leisure time than by observing them at work.”
Discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the opinion stated above. Support your views with reasons and/or examples from your own experience, observations, or reading.
1What people do at work indicate little of a nation's unique quality. That is because professional working skills and expertise are in accordance with the criteria of the certain field which are synonymous all through the world.  
2Especially, in our society which is developing at a tremendous speed, those multinational corporations which have never emerged in the other societies are making the workpalces all around the world more and more alike.
3Compared with the activities people do at work, what they do to spend their leisure time.
上面的这个提纲写跑题了,人家问的是society这个提纲答的是country
1What people do at work indicates the level of the society's civilizition including  how developed the productivity is, how efficient a society it is, and so on so forth.
2What people do to spend their leisure time reflect the society's civilzition from anthoer perspective. From the literacy of that society we can interpret the citizens' spirit wolrd; from the sports they do we can tell the conditions of their bodies, even from the pure entertainment activities of a society, we can also get some information such as what are the in-things of the society.
3The author's assertion which allege that we can know better of a society from what people do to spend leisure time than from what people do at work is imprudent and groundless. It is obvious that the author overestimate the importance of the understanding of what do people do at work in the comprehensive interpretation of a society.

沙发
发表于 2005-7-10 12:49:00 | 只看该作者

let me think...i found this one is a little bit rough for me.

板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2005-7-11 08:46:00 | 只看该作者
呵呵罗伯特似乎对商业类特别在行哦!
地板
发表于 2005-7-11 23:24:00 | 只看该作者

Judy, I just finished this rough one within 30 minutes, pretty tight. I had some discussions with my wife before I started. Without the discussion, there will be no quality at all. Please take a look and give me you valueable comments. Thanks in advance.

Answer:

How can we learn about a society? Recently there is a view that we can learn more about a society by observing how its people spend their leisure time than by observing them at work. It makes sense to me for several reasons.

First of all, how people spend their leisure time is a better indicator of their overall life quality. people need a certain level of economic condition to spend their leisure time. The better economic condition they have in leisure time, the less they spend on basic living such as food. The Engel's coefficient is a strong evidence, as in economics, schoolars usually use the coefficient to compare a society's life quality. The Engel's coefficient is a proportion of consumption of food to overall consumption. The lower the coefficient of a society is, the higher life quality it has. In those low Engel's coefficient society such as Norway, people spend a lot of money on travel domestic and internationally.

Secondly, work, for most of people in a society, is a method to make a living. To  a great extent, leisure is a reflection of spirit need. According to Maslow theory, we have to meet our basic living need first and we can leverage to meet higher level need such as spirit need. If peoole can't even make a sustainable life, they cann't think about their leisure too much. We can't expect a poor people to shedule an international trip to learn some foreign culture.

Of course, some people might argue that poeple in work can also reflect their spiritual belief such as intergrity. It is true that work can be a source of self-belief. However, we can imagine that people with great spiritual belief in work can easily demonstrate or show it during their leisure time. For example, one of top 10 of the most richest person, the second son of Wal-mart Faimily, Johnson Walton, was a great advercator of providing education opportunity to minorities in the States.

To sum up, we can definitely learn more about a society by observing how its people spend their leisure time than by observing them at work, as how people spend their leisure time can give more information and wider source on the society's life quality and spiritual belief or values. Of course, observation on their work is a good and valid supplement in learning about a society.

Word:  397

5#
 楼主| 发表于 2005-7-12 12:29:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用roberto0220在2005-7-11 23:24:00的发言:

Judy, I just finished this rough one within 30 minutes, pretty tight. I had some discussions with my wife before I started. Without the discussion, there will be no quality at all. Please take a look and give me you valueable comments. 呵呵萝卜头GG是个幸福的人哦!Thanks in advance.

Answer:

How can we learn about a society? Recently there is a view that we can learn more about a society by observing how its people spend their leisure time than by observing them at work. It makes sense to me for several reasons.

First of all, how people spend their leisure time is a better indicator of their overall life quality.

这个其实也不是很重要的问题。但是GG的水平已经很不错了就要精益求精。这就是说除了一般写作需要注意的问题,还要把GMAT的专门的问题结合进去。例如SC里面说better一定要和than搭配,那么在作文里面就要注意一下。

people need a certain level of economic condition to spend their leisure time. The better economic condition they have in leisure time, the less they spend on basic living such as food. The Engel's coefficient is a strong evidence, as in economics, schoolars usually use the coefficient to compare a society's life quality. The Engel's coefficient is a proportion of consumption of food to overall consumption. The lower the coefficient of a society is, the higher life quality it has. In those low Engel's coefficient society such as Norway, people spend a lot of money on travel domestic and internationally.

domestic是形容词,internationally这么用好象有点小怪。用inside and outside the country 会不会比较好。

Secondly, work, for most of people in a society, is a method to make a living. To  a great extent, leisure is a reflection of spirit need. According to Maslow theory, we have to meet our basic living need first and we can leverage to meet higher level need such as spirit

这个是什么用法?

need. If peoole can't even make a sustainable life, they cann't think about their leisure too much. We can't expect a poor people to shedule an international trip to learn some foreign culture.

Of course, some people might argue that poeple in work can also reflect their spiritual belief such as intergrity. It is true that work can be a source of self-belief. However, we can imagine that people with great spiritual belief in work can easily demonstrate or show it during their leisure time. For example, one of top 10 of the most richest person, the second son of Wal-mart Faimily, Johnson Walton, was a great advercator of providing education opportunity to minorities in the States.

To sum up, we can definitely learn more about a society by observing how its people spend their leisure time than by observing them at work, as how people spend their leisure time can give more information and wider source on the society's life quality and spiritual belief or values. Of course, observation on their work is a good and valid supplement in learning about a society.

Word:  397

挺好的拉。第一次说的问题都有改进,感觉文章很有深度呵呵。GG的issue写的比ARGUMENT好,这比较少见哦。注意小地方,感觉你的单复数经常错哦。

6#
 楼主| 发表于 2005-7-12 12:31:00 | 只看该作者
感谢GG参加讨论并且提供专业视角的解释,也欢迎姐姐来哦呵呵。
7#
发表于 2005-7-12 18:15:00 | 只看该作者

谢谢修改,每次都有收获,还不小。常用单词都写错的确是个问题。一是随手写惯了,二是感觉人开始脑子不好用了,常忘东西,以前写不错的单词常写错。

还得写篇AA让你改改,记不住魔板,尤其是那种废话很多的那种。

Judy是个好斑竹啊, how you spend your leisure time in CD is a good example to learn about current China society, isn't it?!

8#
 楼主| 发表于 2005-7-12 20:01:00 | 只看该作者
呵呵,向GG学习!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

IESE MBA
近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-28 20:43
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部