ChaseDream
搜索
返回列表 发新帖
00:00:00

Traveler: Southern Airways has a far worse safety record than Air Dacentaria over the past few years, in terms of both the frequency of accidents and the severity of accidents. Therefore, although Air Dacentaria is slightly more expensive, I will choose it over Southern Airways for my flight from Pederton to Dacenta, since it is worth paying extra to have a safer flight.

Which of the following, if true, casts the most serious doubt on the traveler's argument?

正确答案: B

更多相关帖子

帖子

好友

积分

ChaseDream

注册时间
2003-03-17
精华
解析
查看: 3249|回复: 2
打印 上一主题 下一主题

Prep这题题目有错?

[复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2007-6-24 18:07:00 | 只看该作者

Prep这题题目有错?

36.   (31643-!-item-!-188;#058&006431)

Traveler:  Southern Airways has a far worse safety record than Air Dacentaria over the past few years, in terms of both the frequency of accidents and the severity of accidents.  Therefore, although Air Dacentaria is slightly more expensive, I will choose it over Southern Airways for my flight from Pederton to Dacenta, since it is worth paying extra to have a safer flight.

Which of the following, if true, casts the most serious doubt on the traveler's argument?

(A) Air Dacentaria's flight from Pederton to Dacenta is nonstop, whereas Southern Airways' flight touches down in Gorinda on the way.

(B) Most Southern Airways flights, but not its flight from Pederton to Dacenta, use Sarmouth airport, which because of its mountainous location is one of the world's most dangerous.

(C) For its flights from Pederton to Dacenta, Southern Airways uses a different model of airplane, with a smaller capacity, than the model Air Dacentaria uses for its flights on the same route.

(D) Only in the last few years has the cost of flying from Pederton to Dacenta been more expensive on Air Dacentaria than on Southern Airways.

(E) Although the frequency of accidents is greater on Southern Airways, on both airlines the proportion of flights that have accidents is very small.

还有答案,most Southern Airways flights根本跟结论没有关系

沙发
发表于 2007-6-25 08:47:00 | 只看该作者

没错啊.

如果Southern的多数的事故是因Sarmouth airport引起的, 而Pederton to Dacenta不经过Sarmouth airport, 就不一定要为安全的因素而避免Southern air.

板凳
发表于 2007-6-25 09:59:00 | 只看该作者

结论说S比D危险,所以选择从Pederton to Dacenta就选D的航班

B解释了S为什么在统计数据上更加危险,并且指明,S从Pederton to Dacenta的航线,和其他mountain location的航线,高事故率的航线,的区别。所以Bweaken了结论,选择D比S更加安全,的结论。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-6-28 08:28
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部