ChaseDream
搜索
返回列表 发新帖
00:00:00

The higher the level of certain vitamins and minerals in the bloodstream, the better a person's lung function, as measured by the amount of air the person can expel in one second. The lung function of smokers is significantly worse, on average, than that of nonsmokers. Clearly, therefore, one way for smokers to improve their lung function is for them to increase their intake of foods that are rich in these helpful vitamins and minerals.

Which of the following is an assumption on which this argument depends?

正确答案: E

更多相关帖子

帖子

好友

积分

ChaseDream

注册时间
2003-03-17
精华
解析
查看: 5527|回复: 7
打印 上一主题 下一主题

prep1-14

[复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2007-5-17 12:17:00 | 只看该作者

prep1-14

14.   (26835-!-item-!-188;#058&002982)

The higher the level of certain vitamins and minerals in the bloodstream, the better a person's lung function, as measured by the amount of air the person can expel in one second.  The lung function of smokers is significantly worse, on average, than that of nonsmokers.  Clearly, therefore, one way for smokers to improve their lung function is for them to increase their intake of foods that are rich in these helpful vitamins and minerals.

(A) Smokers are less likely than nonsmokers to have diets that are rich in vitamins and minerals.

(B) The lung function of smokers whose diets are rich in those vitamins and minerals is generally better than that of nonsmokers with comparable diets.

(C) People whose diets are deficient in those vitamins and minerals do not typically have other health problems in addition to diminished lung function.

(D) Stopping smoking will not typically improve lung function more than any diet changes can.

(E) Smoking does not introduce into the body chemicals that prevent the helpful vitamins and minerals from entering the bloodstream.

答案e,我选A

如果把A取非,就是smoker& nonsmoker有同样的diet,也就推不出原argument的可以通过多吃富含维生素和矿物质的食物来improve lung function了吧

thx!

沙发
发表于 2007-5-17 12:35:00 | 只看该作者

本来这个题目一眼就看出答案了,为什么LZ搞得这么麻烦?

你取非 就是  smoker& nonsmoker有同样的diet,

但是 如果 somker多吃维生素食品,他的肺功能还是会变好啊??

题目是说多吃维生素可以帮助肺功能,即使somker吃的和non-smoker一样,但是“理论上”,“医学上”,increase their intake of foods that are rich in these helpful vitamins and minerals 还是可以帮助improve their lung function

板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2007-5-17 13:15:00 | 只看该作者

一开始看A时就觉得它是正确答案,没有好好分析后面的BCDE

the higher, the better.我理解有偏差,谢谢skyzhang啦

地板
发表于 2007-6-14 11:02:00 | 只看该作者

可以解釋一下,為什麼答案是E嗎?

5#
发表于 2007-10-19 13:09:00 | 只看该作者

when i first did this quesiton, i also chosen the wrong answer. after checked it for several times, i found choice E,Smoking does not introduce into the body chemicals that prevent the helpful vitamins and minerals from entering the bloodstream. 

it seems telling that smoking doesn't restrict any things from the helpful vitamins intaken. so its the assumption..

not sure whether my way of thinking is correct or not..

please correct me if i am wrong~~

6#
发表于 2007-10-27 16:37:00 | 只看该作者

The higher the level of certain vitamins and minerals in the bloodstream, the better a person's lung function, as measured by the amount of air the person can expel in one second.  The lung function of smokers is significantly worse, on average, than that of nonsmokers.  Clearly, therefore, one way for smokers to improve their lung function is for them to increase their intake of foods that are rich in these helpful vitamins and minerals.

注意到两者之间的GAP?

一个是

V & M
在血液中的量,另ㄧ个是

V & M
在食物中的量。

含有丰富V & M食物的量增加,不见得代表V & M在血液中的量也会增加,

中间的前提必须是: 这些食物中的

V&M
能顺利被吸收利用并进入血液。

答案A没有考虑到具体性和特殊性(in the bloodstream)。况且

smoker也有可能原本就吃很多含有

V&M的食物,但他们的肺还是较差,

何来根据比较说smoker吃的V&M食物一定比nonsmoker少呢?

7#
发表于 2010-4-9 22:55:29 | 只看该作者
premise 与 conclusion之间存在gap
person vs smoker

选项e 填补了这个gap 是为assumption
8#
发表于 2010-10-11 08:49:53 | 只看该作者
我想问C为什么不对......
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-6-28 08:18
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部