返回列表 发新帖
查看: 2397|回复: 3
打印 上一主题 下一主题

987-985 谢谢

[复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2004-2-23 21:24:00 | 只看该作者

987-985 谢谢

1.                             ?987-985 Those who have visited the Grand Canyon have typically seen layers of sediment in the gaping canyon, with different colors that mark the passage of time like the rings in a tree trunk.fficeffice" />

(A) seen layers of sediment in the gaping canyon, with different colors that mark

(B) see layers of sediment in the gaping canyon, whose different colors mark

(C) been seeing layers of sediment in the gaping canyon, whose different colors are markers of

(D) been able to see layers of sediment in the gaping canyon, with different colors markingD

(E) seen layers of sediment in the gaping canyon, marking by different colors

为什么要用been able to?

with different colors marking而不用with different colors that mark除了简洁还有没有什么原因?

沙发
发表于 2004-2-24 21:51:00 | 只看该作者
         这种情况是维持的,而非一次性的,用分词

be able to我也不知道为什么,感觉从句子意思上也说的通。

但是不是说情态动词类不能随意添加的吗???

我发现ETS老给这样的选项,对,但是看了不爽

看的爽,但是有错误

板凳
发表于 2004-2-25 14:12:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用dreadpower在2004-2-24 21:51:00的发言:
         这种情况是维持的,而非一次性的,用分词

be able to我也不知道为什么,感觉从句子意思上也说的通。

但是不是说情态动词类不能随意添加的吗???

我发现ETS老给这样的选项,对,但是看了不爽

看的爽,但是有错误

Actually, I am not too sure whether to add be able to. However, if I were to ask to explan, I can only say that be able to means a different meaning from that in other options. XXXhave seen is different with XXXhave been able to see because the prior suggest all of the people could see, while the latter suggests XX can see.

Any NN could help on this one? It really beats us!

地板
发表于 2004-3-7 22:22:00 | 只看该作者
1,BE able to --- kind of ability

can -- kind of possibility

here 'be able to' is employed simply because visiters need to have the ability to notice sediment and tell the passage of time.

2, a testing point. I agree with dreadpower.

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

IESE MBA
近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-5-10 07:07
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部