返回列表 发新帖
查看: 5735|回复: 9
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[求助]关于推荐信是详细还是简洁的一个问题

[复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2004-8-25 10:35:00 | 只看该作者

[求助]关于推荐信是详细还是简洁的一个问题

昨天我的推荐人说, 我草拟的一份推荐信太过详细了。 学校很容易看出很自己写的。 但是他又没空替我修改, 让我自己改。 不知道改怎么办?有没有上司写的推荐信的样本可以参考的。

而且昨天听讲座中提到推荐信可以写到3-4页(double space), 我的大概是1.5 页(1.5 space).  应该也不算太多吧。

沙发
发表于 2004-8-25 16:47:00 | 只看该作者

详简分人,如果有一个比较详细了,那就要有一个简短些,而第三个适中即可

当写手时,曾写过1200字的推荐信,写完累够戗

板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2004-8-25 17:47:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用essaywriter在2004-8-25 16:47:00的发言:

详简分人,如果有一个比较详细了,那就要有一个简短些,而第三个适中即可

当写手时,曾写过1200字的推荐信,写完累够戗

我原来那个也就写了600-700字。  后来改到500多个字。 偶推荐人还说要简练, 偶都快成罗列优点了。 简直不知道该怎么办。
地板
发表于 2004-8-25 22:23:00 | 只看该作者

对于你说的优点,我觉得最好有一些具体的例子来Backup,如果你是按照学校推荐信的表格上面的问题(5-10个不等吧),可能就比较详细了。而且内容也和推荐人的身份有关系,如果是你的上司,那么我觉得他可写的东西可能比较多,可以多写一点,如果是你参加Community Service里面认识的人,可能写的会少一些。

学校不会因为你写得详细而对你的申请有负面作用的。

5#
 楼主| 发表于 2004-8-25 23:20:00 | 只看该作者

谢谢tsljz. 这个推荐人是我们部门的上司。平时接触还是很多的。 我也觉得应该有一些例子来backup. 可是我的推荐人说如果写具体的例子, 学校很容易看出来是自己写的。 我实在不知道怎么办了。 我推荐人又说忙不过来,让我自己改。 简直昏倒。我从google 上面搜索了一篇sample. 说真的, 这封信可真够简洁的了。

商学院推荐信样例1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.51ielts.com 2001-9-1 来源: 【无忧雅思网】

Dear Sir/Madam:    In the capacity of the former dean of "Kellogg Management School" of North- western University (NWU), I am writing with pleasure to recommend Mr. Caleb to your esteemed university.    I got to know him personally when he was taking the course--Methodology of Management Research (or Methods of Management as stated in his transcripts), a course I taught, concerning basic research methods, especially quantitative approach to management research. Then he took one of my other courses--Advanced Strategic Management. Mr. Caleb showed great aptitude on both courses and he got 78 on both, which seem a bit lower, but if you take the difficulty of the test papers and my strict grading into account, you will understand why such scores are still among the top five. Undoubtedly, he got excellent scores on other courses and ranked among the top 5% of his class after the first year of graduate study.    To my knowledge, Mr. Caleb is not only strong in academics, but also in sports and social activities. He was the captain of the soccer team of graduateschool of NWU and led the team to play in the soccer league of our university for two successive years. He was also one of the main founders of the first academic club--"Management Forum" of the "Kellogg Management School" of NWU.    After I left NWU, he still keeps in touch with me from time to time and I am pleased to see that he proved his outstanding capability in both research and teaching position. Therefore I feel very delighted when he told me he would like to pursue his advanced studies in your honored program. I am confident that Mr. Caleb will contribute greatly to your program as well as he did in the NWU. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you need more information.  Truly, yours  XXX 

[此贴子已经被作者于2004-8-25 23:21:07编辑过]
6#
 楼主| 发表于 2004-8-25 23:23:00 | 只看该作者

Dear Sir/Madam:

In the capacity of the former dean of "Kellogg Management School" of North- western University (NWU), I am writing with pleasure to recommend Mr. Caleb to your esteemed university.    

I got to know him personally when he was taking the course--Methodology of Management Research (or Methods of Management as stated in his transcripts), a course I taught, concerning basic research methods, especially quantitative approach to management research. Then he took one of my other courses--Advanced Strategic Management. Mr. Caleb showed great aptitude on both courses and he got 78 on both, which seem a bit lower, but if you take the difficulty of the test papers and my strict grading into account, you will understand why such scores are still among the top five. Undoubtedly, he got excellent scores on other courses and ranked among the top 5% of his class after the first year of graduate study.    

To my knowledge, Mr. Caleb is not only strong in academics, but also in sports and social activities. He was the captain of the soccer team of graduateschool of NWU and led the team to play in the soccer league of our university for two successive years. He was also one of the main founders of the first academic club--"Management Forum" of the "Kellogg Management School" of NWU.    

After I left NWU, he still keeps in touch with me from time to time and I am pleased to see that he proved his outstanding capability in both research and teaching position. Therefore I feel very delighted when he told me he would like to pursue his advanced studies in your honored program. I am confident that Mr. Caleb will contribute greatly to your program as well as he did in the NWU. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you need more information.

Truly, yours 

XXX 

7#
发表于 2004-8-26 04:01:00 | 只看该作者

1.5 page (1.5 space) is pretty good in terms of length. Anything shorter than a page is too short.

What is most important is the content of the letter. You want your letter to speak on your behalf how good you're as a candidate. So anything that help you stand out of the crowd is good. If the letter is too general, albeit glowing, it may not add too much to your overall application.

8#
发表于 2004-8-26 04:32:00 | 只看该作者

my suggestion is to be specific. more examples, more sincere comments.......not superficial things.

9#
 楼主| 发表于 2004-8-26 10:22:00 | 只看该作者
thanks a lot.  i think i'd talk with my former boss.
10#
发表于 2004-8-27 08:20:00 | 只看该作者

I think 2 pages is acceptable. I think you can let a friend to look through it and if they think your personality is vivid then it is great.

Good Luck, Bryony

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-26 15:28
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部