4. 回国发展,例如回原来的咨询公司,但这样做的话机会成本显得蛮大的,也忧心薪水

还有一些考虑因素:

Tuck比较担心地点寒冷以及物价高,另外传统白人文化也担心较难适应。去过visit

UCLA气候好,物价也高,但LP在那边有亲戚,可能能帮忙干点活,有点收入。去过visit

Duke物价便宜,但地点的确比较小镇。去过visit

Ross工业城市附近,没去过visit

[此贴子已经被作者于2009-3-30 22:09:47编辑过]
发表于 2009-3-28 01:49:00 | 显示全部楼层

I am not sure which school you should ultimately choose, but I am CERTAIN that most “facts” listed by previous posts are quite inaccurate and misleading.

If I were you, I would seriously consider between Ross and Tuck. To my knowledge, Anderson and Fuqua have never ever been known as general management schools. You may call them finance schools or whatever, but general management school? They are not even close. The beautiful part of Tuck is its overall reputation, and finance probably. In the good old days, everybody got into the b-school to do with finance, and you cannot really rule out that possibility even the market is as horrible as right now. You may well change in your mind at a later point, and Tuck offers you better chance if you do. I really love Ross’s MBA program and I think the MAP is out of this world. Their general management has been what they are famous for, and the consulting is very decent. However, you should always bear in mind that all these facts are arguably built upon the diminished glory of the Detroit’s big Three. And Ann Arbor will suffer seriously for sure if anything bad happens fifty miles away.

发表于 2009-3-27 11:05:00 | 显示全部楼层

Tuck. Reasons:

1. It's a general management school, which fits with your goal in consulting.

2. The Tuck and Dartmouth brand names are super strong in the US . They will follow you for a lifetime.

3. Tuck alumni are much more willing to help than those of other schools, according to current b-schoolers.

楼主| 发表于 2009-3-27 11:36:00 | 显示全部楼层
以下是引用wannabeboy在2009-3-27 11:05:00的发言:

Tuck. Reasons:

1. It's a general management school, which fits with your goal in consulting.

2. The Tuck and Dartmouth brand names are super strong in the US . They will follow you for a lifetime.

3. Tuck alumni are much more willing to help than those of other schools, according to current b-schoolers.

Thanks for sharing!
发表于 2009-3-27 11:50:00 | 显示全部楼层
If you look at China / Global in a long run, go for Duke! You have seen Duke's commitment and efforts in China market and global expansion.
发表于 2009-3-27 11:55:00 | 显示全部楼层
 Tuck 这次面试官非常差。BW上好几个帖子说二年级学生把他们甩在那里自己看电视去了。 我自己的面试也被甩死耗子啊,面得极为不认真,根本就不关心。我现在并不相信该校所宣称的亲人般的友爱。
 楼主| 发表于 2009-3-27 12:03:00 | 显示全部楼层
以下是引用pega09在2009-3-27 11:55:00的发言:
 Tuck 这次面试官非常差。BW上好几个帖子说二年级学生把他们甩在那里自己看电视去了。 我自己的面试也被甩死耗子啊,面得极为不认真,根本就不关心。我现在并不相信该校所宣称的亲人般的友爱。

竟然有这等事情?!是指来中国的面试官吗?

我是去campus面试的,感觉很友善很认真啊,不过时间比较短就是了

发表于 2009-3-27 12:16:00 | 显示全部楼层

Speaking from someone who grew up in the US, I would definitely take Tuck.  Tuck is a great general management school.  It is borderline tier 1A in the US in terms of reputation.  If you are worried about weather, Ann Arbor is NOT warmer.  If you are worried about blending in American culture and dealing with racist Americans, I can tell you New England is a better place to be than the midwest (like Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Wisconsin) and the south.  In terms of reputation, UCLA and Duke are clearly inferior to Tuck.  You also received scholarship for Tuck.  New Hempshire is cheaper than UCLA (great area but very expensive).  Durham is a nasty place to live (racist, unsafe, and poor).

发表于 2009-3-27 12:56:00 | 显示全部楼层

我是校友面的

你自己去BW上 Tuck R1(Jan)那个去看吧

楼主| 发表于 2009-3-27 13:12:00 | 显示全部楼层
以下是引用thecow10000在2009-3-27 12:16:00的发言:

Speaking from someone who grew up in the US, I would definitely take Tuck.  Tuck is a great general management school.  It is borderline tier 1A in the US in terms of reputation.  If you are worried about weather, Ann Arbor is NOT warmer.  If you are worried about blending in American culture and dealing with racist Americans, I can tell you New England is a better place to be than the midwest (like Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Wisconsin) and the south.  In terms of reputation, UCLA and Duke are clearly inferior to Tuck.  You also received scholarship for Tuck.  New Hempshire is cheaper than UCLA (great area but very expensive).  Durham is a nasty place to live (racist, unsafe, and poor).

Thanks a lot! Your points are very helpful.

Now I tend to choose Tuck. Unfortunately Tuck seems cannot guarantee a non-consigner loan by now and it is critical to me.

On the other side, do you think that studying in Tuck will have some disadvantages for working outside the US? I have not made up my mind about future location, and surely it will be changed during my study period. I'm think that working in Asia or Euro is another choice. But I heard that Tuck's reputation is mainly within the states. That's another main concern of mine.

发表于 2009-3-27 13:15:00 | 显示全部楼层

还用考虑吗?

当然选tuck啦,我的dream school啊。

ps lz真牛啊

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-3-28 22:12
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部