打印 上一主题 下一主题

1st offer! Cornell with scholarship 附加图片

[精华] [复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2009-2-5 08:37:00 | 只看该作者

1st offer! Cornell with scholarship 附加图片

今天Cornell的decision date,肯定也有不少申友拿到offer吧。

我2号面试的,4号就接到电话了,而且说明了给16k 的Scholarship 。通过以往校友经验,好像中国的admitted都给了scholarship。

我的感觉:Cornell筛选基本不管你是什么pool的,每年最终入学的大陆学生不多。常青藤的标准还是比较复杂点。今年的essay我觉得就那篇写自转目录的essay最顺手,我简直就是事情太多找不到地方写,cornell给的这机会让我觉得有出彩之处。

cornell的tough academic study有点怕怕,不过student真的感觉都很好,毕竟远离城市人都很nice而且愿意帮忙!

面试后2天就收到康奈尔MBA的录取通知了 Cornell Johnson Offer !

而且还有部分奖学金!第一个offer,还带奖学金,是个好开始!期待下一个面试通知:)

今天6号一早收到的Offer package还真是做得不错,很详细的一本册子和一封信

附带我的面试经历,给后人留点重要帮助吧:

On-campus /2 yr student / Round 2 (done on February 2rd, 2009)

I had the interview on-campus at the Cornell Johnson School for the November application round. To my surprise, the admission staff didn't even mention other options, just let me choose which time is OK for me to have the interview on campus. I drove up the morning before from New York City (4 hour drive), toured around the campus, talked to some students I contacted before and stayed at the super8 motel downtown(cheap but great). On campus parking is free for admission visitors, so don't worry about parking. Just drive to one of the four info booth and identify yourself as admission visitor they'll give a parking permit, a map and a clear direction about where to park, how to get there. (the staff in the info booth was a pretty blonde student worked as a part-time!)

My interview was with a 2nd year student who had already signed his offer, so he really spent some time reading  my resume and made marks and prepared specific questions. We talked in one of the breakout room (no. 121). Although it's a blind interview, I found the interview a little bit challenging than other reported interviews but the interviewer was nice and I believe I've also prepared well. It lasted about 50 minutes.

Questions Asked:

• I've read thru your resume and let's start with your most recent one, ok?
  • The employment gap? what did you do? (unemployed during the application process)
  • Why MBA?
  • why now?
  • which specific area and location are you intrested in? (related to my goal)
  • what's your 3 strongest strengths and weakness?
  • How will you do to turnaround a difficult team situation, when someone don't even care to contribute?
  • What other schools are you applying to?
  • what activities will you join if admited? anything specificly interested in Johnson?
  • What questions do you have for me?
In addition to these questions he asked many follow-up questions that were specific to my responses.

I also scheduled a class visit / information session / lunch(only 7 dollar coupon for 1 person, other schools I visited even provided for my girl friend) / tour with current students, which I found not so helpful.

When I drove back to NY in the afternoon, the snow came. The Pocono Mt was all in snow and very difficult to even see the road. The location of Ithaca really is a problem for some others, but I'm OK.

[此贴子已经被作者于2009-2-7 0:44:09编辑过]
沙发
发表于 2009-2-5 08:48:00 | 只看该作者
congra~
板凳
发表于 2009-2-5 08:58:00 | 只看该作者

big big cong!

dream school, but not applied due to various reason...

地板
发表于 2009-2-5 09:00:00 | 只看该作者
赞一个啊!
5#
发表于 2009-2-5 09:10:00 | 只看该作者
cong.
6#
发表于 2009-2-5 09:35:00 | 只看该作者
cong.
7#
发表于 2009-2-5 10:33:00 | 只看该作者
big cong!!!后面的OFFER会越来越达
8#
发表于 2009-2-5 11:01:00 | 只看该作者
Cong! Kevintown! Got to know you in GMAT, I just know you can do it. Best luck to us all~
9#
 楼主| 发表于 2009-2-5 11:03:00 | 只看该作者

行程和照片 奉上

这个周末的天气异常的好,是个好兆头!一路阳光灿烂,而且没有开车最怕的雪地滑行发生。

迎着暖和的阳光,驾车4个半小时驶向了大山深处的传说中美丽城堡般的Big Red 康奈尔大学。因其红­色的古老校园建筑,素有Big Red之称,“大红校”。大文豪“胡适”的母校,该校什么都好,但污点就是校­友“李登辉”。这个学校的本科亚洲学生比例­还是很大,而且大多是家里有钱的,学校相对­进入不是很难。康奈尔正在向“第一所跨国性大学(the first transnational university)”转变。

教堂,礼拜堂

1865年建立,最古老的著名常春藤盟校的成员,位于美国纽约州伊萨卡(Ithaca好像是借用希腊的著名城市)私立研究型大学,也是唯一常春藤盟校学校中接受了部分州政府资助和免费送地的半私立学校。康奈尔大学有七个本科生学院和七个研究生学院,每个学院都自主制订学术计划。2001年,康奈尔在卡塔尔建立了一所新的医学院,并宣称:“借由教育明日的领导者与拓展知识的新领域来服务社会。”(to serve society by educating the leaders of tomorrow and extending the frontiers of knowledge。)目前康奈尔拥有逾240万名校友,先后有40位师生获得诺贝尔奖。科研是康奈尔的中心任务,在2004年7月2005年6月之间的财年中,共有5.613亿美元被应用到各个领域的研究。

全美最好的酒店管理学院 

工程系

主校区呈现出折衷的建筑风格,包括哥特式维多利亚式新古典主义式及少量的现代风格建筑。这些华丽的建筑基本都建造于第二次世界大战之前。伊萨卡校区处于手指湖中间的山谷地区,并在山顶上建立了学校,可以看到卡尤加湖的全景。大瀑布峡谷和小瀑布峡谷围起了中校区。尽管校方不支持,这两处地方还是会在夏天成为受欢迎的游泳场所。

远处的Cayuga卡尤加湖,已结冰

眺望湖景的艺术系

著名的康奈尔艺术博物馆,镂空设计据说是为了不遮挡其他建筑顶层眺望湖景

学校中庭- 老美叫四方庭

一个学生在贴雪到树上……不知为什么

此行主要目的地:Johnson商学院,古老的建筑

侧门

进门走廊

Atrium 明亮的室内大厅

阳光咖啡厅

第二天面试完后,一切放松,校友里转悠了一圈,可惜冬季里的阳光尤其珍贵,今天就是阴天……

足球场

本科生的学生宿舍,很不错,一个community社区,里面各种设施齐全,还有托儿所……

跑去sunset park看了一眼Cayuga lake湖,就往回赶了,天黑了在雪山里开车还是很危险的

沿途风光

途经美国东海岸最著名的滑雪胜地 Pocono雪山,真是名不虚传,一进山就开始鹅毛大雪。随着天气变晚,完全开不到行驶的道路了,地面全部被大雪覆盖……只能通过雪地上车轮痕迹前行,还有就是远处的车灯…… 不过美国的公路真的很好,大雪山上都是基本笔直宽阔的道路,不会因为弯道问题出现事故

10#
发表于 2009-2-5 11:08:00 | 只看该作者
Cong!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-27 02:11
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部