ChaseDream
搜索
返回列表 发新帖
查看: 4751|回复: 2

again about recommendation letter

[复制链接]
发表于 2003-11-14 09:36:00 | 显示全部楼层

again about recommendation letter

The recommendation letter really bothers me.
I'm currently working in Canada and my supervisor is a Canadian. In her 40's, she is very conservative, strict and honest. Although she likes my performance, it's not likely that she will say highly of me. Also, as a foreigner working in this company, my oral English might not be as good as the natives. Language also hinder my leadership practices. I'm sure her recommendation will be positive but not super.

Does anybody working aboard has the same problem? I understand that many Chinese applicants can write their own recommendations, so my mild recommendation will hurt my chance I guess. In addition, the online recommendation takes people longer than the paper ones. Any one in the same boat?
发表于 2003-11-15 11:09:00 | 显示全部楼层
can you try to talk with her and see what she can do for you? If not very positive, you'd better try someone else. A bad recommendation could destroy your efforts.
发表于 2003-11-19 13:03:00 | 显示全部楼层
Just dont concern severely with this kind of cases. A western professional will never recommend a guy she/he doesn't appreciate. Actually "straightforward" recommendation words will not ruin your reputation but strengthen it, since adcoms in b-schools enjoy most reading a REAL person with personal characteristics and diversities, with both convincing advantages and actual disadvantages. While Chinese recommendators, or even applicants themselves, are good at or only capable of composing flattering letters, which will only be thrown into rubbish bins after reviewing - as adcoms will have been enduring hundreds of similar fake letters each year from China.

So just have thorough discussions with your supervisor, share with her your thoughts on personal characteristics, how to strengthen your advantages and fade your disadvantages, and be fully confident against those overstated counterparts from Chinese.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-19 07:26
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部