ChaseDream
搜索
返回列表 发新帖
查看: 2862|回复: 8
打印 上一主题 下一主题

Waitlisted by Chicago (a poor interview? maybe)

[复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2006-3-23 00:39:00 | 只看该作者

Waitlisted by Chicago (a poor interview? maybe)

two tips for friends with poor spoken english:

1. take the hub interview

I had assumed that the Chicago interview would be easier because it is conducted by a Chinese who can understand my poor english. But after my later two hub interviews, I think the bad my english is, the better for me to take a hub interview with adcoms who are native speakers.

In the alumni interview, I really can't respond efficiently and confidently. On one hand, in my well-prepared parts, such as my self introduction, the interviewer interrupted me randomly with all kinds of new questions. On the other hand, my english is poor and can't respond to special questions as fluent as my prepared answers for general questions. The anxiety make my poor english worse and the worse english make me more unconfident.

While in the hubs, you may find all the questions come in an order which you are such familiar.  In most times, the adcom will not interrupt you. When you have finished 4 or 5 general questions, you do feel you can answer all the questions ahead with a good logic. Besides, the adcom will speak with a natural-born smile, enabling you to feel at ease.

2. keep practice and hire a native speaker, if possible

Right after my Chicago interview, I hired a canadian to speak with me every noon at a starbucks on the ground floor of super brand mall. The 10-day continual talks and mock interviews are very helpful, especially for people who have never speak in english.

[此贴子已经被作者于2006-3-23 0:57:58编辑过]
沙发
发表于 2006-3-23 02:34:00 | 只看该作者
same here. R2 waitlist. oh well...
板凳
发表于 2006-3-23 02:45:00 | 只看该作者
on the same boat
地板
发表于 2006-3-23 09:45:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用bimetallic在2006-3-23 2:34:00的发言:
same here. R2 waitlist. oh well...

sorry to hear it dude. I enjoy your posts on the BW very much!

Good luck!!!!

5#
发表于 2006-3-23 10:44:00 | 只看该作者
me too. but i thought my interview went good. waitlisted by kellogg and chicago both. hate the thought that i might need to start over again for one more year.
6#
发表于 2006-3-23 19:43:00 | 只看该作者

me too. Do you guys all want to follow up?

so many waitlists and so few offers in the round 2. I wonder whether the situation in previous years is similar.

7#
发表于 2006-3-23 20:52:00 | 只看该作者
奇怪了,为什么我什么消息也没收到呢?连拒信也不给么?是不是先offer,然后wl,最后是ding?
8#
发表于 2006-3-23 21:04:00 | 只看该作者
奇怪了,为什么我什么消息也没收到呢?连拒信也不给么?是不是先offer,然后wl,最后是ding?

Why not check out your online status? It turns out something...
9#
发表于 2006-3-23 21:40:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用outanddown在2006-3-23 0:39:00的发言:

two tips for friends with poor spoken english:

1. take the hub interview

I had assumed that the Chicago interview would be easier because it is conducted by a Chinese who can understand my poor english. But after my later two hub interviews, I think the bad my english is, the better for me to take a hub interview with adcoms who are native speakers.

In the alumni interview, I really can't respond efficiently and confidently. On one hand, in my well-prepared parts, such as my self introduction, the interviewer interrupted me randomly with all kinds of new questions. On the other hand, my english is poor and can't respond to special questions as fluent as my prepared answers for general questions. The anxiety make my poor english worse and the worse english make me more unconfident.

While in the hubs, you may find all the questions come in an order which you are such familiar.  In most times, the adcom will not interrupt you. When you have finished 4 or 5 general questions, you do feel you can answer all the questions ahead with a good logic. Besides, the adcom will speak with a natural-born smile, enabling you to feel at ease.

2. keep practice and hire a native speaker, if possible

Right after my Chicago interview, I hired a canadian to speak with me every noon at a starbucks on the ground floor of super brand mall. The 10-day continual talks and mock interviews are very helpful, especially for people who have never speak in english.

I felt that if an alumni intervew, all we need is some luck that the alumni and us might have that kind of a 'crush' feeling, sometimes called 'fit'.

While the hub interview seems more true and fair.

Just my 2 cents.

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-19 17:41
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部