返回列表 发新帖
查看: 5901|回复: 39
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[阅读小分队] 【每日阅读训练第四期——速度越障11系列】【11-11】文史哲

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2012-12-8 23:33:37 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
大家好~嘻嘻 这是今天的作业 依然是我的STYLE啦~~~这次的文章都不是很长 但是都很新的消息 这次我给大家选了3个NEWS 2个散文~~~莫言都去颁奖礼了我们的骄傲啊!!啦啦啦想借这个机会和大家share一下我最近在看的一部电视剧~~~大家看图就知道了~~~大表哥!!!!有木有!!!!帅啊~~~~流口水了。。。。。。。。。我觉得真的挺好看的 这是我第一次看英剧连续剧啊啊 大家平时都爱追什么呢~~~忙碌的考试后面也要有个幸福的备考日啊~~~~最后的越障是最新的消息 话说 有的时候玩笑会闹大事儿的 尤其是名人啊~~~~[修订]哎呀我的妈呀 这次是我自己太马虎 排的时候发重了 在这里跟大家说声“对不起”<鞠一躬>以后我会更小心一些的!!!!!!!
SPEED
[Time1]The Gift From Inner

The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.- Eric Hoffer
According to legend, a young man while roaming the desert came across a spring of delicious crystal-clear water. The water was so sweet, he filled his leather canteen so he could bring some back to a tribal elder who had been his teacher.
     After a four-day journey he presented the water to the old man who took a deep drink, smiled warmly and thanked his student lavishly for the sweet water. The young man returned to his village with a happy heart.
Later, the teacher let another student taste the water. He spat it out, saying it was awful. It apparently had become stale because of the old leather container.
    The student challenged his teacher: "Master, the water was foul. Why did you pretend to like it?"
The teacher replied, "You only tasted the water. I tasted the gift. The water was simply the container for an act of loving-kindness and nothing could be sweeter."
    I think we understand this lesson best when we receive innocent gifts of love from young children. Whether it's a ceramic tray or a macaroni bracelet, the natural and proper response is appreciation and expressed thankfulness because we love the idea within the gift.
   Gratitude doesn't always come naturally. Unfortunately, most children and many adults value only the thing given rather than the feeling embodied in it. We should remind ourselves and teach our children about the beauty and purity of feelings and expressions of gratitude. After all, gifts from the heart are really gifts of the heart.
(269)
[Time2]French man becomes first in country to take wife's surname
A husband from Lyon has become the first man in France to take his wife's surname under a new gender equality law.

But the 37-year-old, who married in September, first had to cross an administrative minefield with his request rejected seven times because officials were unaware the law existed.

He said he finally had to print a copy of the law from a government website before he could be renamed.

"I contacted seven town halls, they all turned me down. They checked several times the boxes they could tick on their computer systems and said it was simply impossible to change it to my wife's," he told RTL radio.

The man from Lyon – named only as Philippe S – said he wanted to use his wife's French-sounding surname because his own Turkish one was hard to pronounce and made it difficult to find work.

But the civil servants could only offer him a double-barreled name merging his current one plus his wife's.

"I needed my wife's name to be able to get ahead in life, not constantly get knock-backs, and I feel things are improving already," he said.

The change in the law was published in the French government's Official Journal in October 2011, but received little media attention.
(208)
[Time3]Man's Youth

Man's youth is a wonderful thing: it is so full of anguish and of magic and he never comes to know it as it is, until it has gone from him forever. It is the thing he cannot bear to lose, it is the thing whose passing he watches with infinite sorrow and regret, it is the thing whose loss with a sad and secret joy, the thing he would never willingly relive again, could it be restored to him by any magic.
    Why is this? The reason is that the strange and bitter miracle of life is nowhere else so evident as in our youth. And what is the essence of that strange and bitter miracle of life which we feel so poignant , so unutterable, with such a bitter pain and joy, when we are young? It is this: that being rich, we are so poor; that being mighty, we can yet have nothing; that seeing, breathig, smelling, tasting all around us the impossible wealth and glory of this earth, feeling with an intolerable certitude that the whole structure of the enchanted life – the most fortunate, wealthy, good, and happy life that any man has ever known – is ours – is ours at once, immediately and forever, the moment that we choose to take a step, or stretch a hand, or say a word- we yet know that we can really keep, hold, take, and possess forever- nothing. All passes; nothing lasts: the moment that we put our hand upon it , it melts away like smoke, is gone forever, and the snake is eating at our heart again; we see then what we are and what our lives must come to.
     A young man is so strong, so mad, so certain, and so lost. He has everything and he is able to use nothing. He hurls the great shoulder of his strength forever against phantasmalbarriers, he is a wave whose power explodes in lost mid – oceans under timeless skies, here-aches out to grip a fume of painted smoke, he wants all, feels the thirst and power foreverything, and finally gets nothing. In the end, he is destroyed by his own strength, devoured by his own hunger, impoverished by his own wealth. Thoughtless of money or the accumulation of material possessions, he is none the less defeated in the end by his own greed a greed that makes the avarice of King Midas seem paltry by comparison.
   And that is the reason why, when youth is gone, every man will look back upon that period of his life with infinite sorrow and regret. It is the bitter sorrow and regret of a man who knows that once he had a great talent and wasted it , of a man who knows that once he had a great treasure and got nothing from it , of a man who knows that he had strength enough for everything and never used it.
(491)
[Time4]MO YAN:Stii Be A Son of  Farm

Mo Yan, the winner of the 2012 Nobel Prize for Literature, was in a humorous frame of mind as he covered a number of topics during a news conference in Stockholm on Thursday.Literature, sudden fame, Chinese writers and Swedish friends, were some of the topics Mo addressed.
"The award is a personal thing,'' Mo, who is in the Swedish capital to collect his prize on Monday, said. The writer reflected on how fame now makes him a target for young female autograph hunters.

His life changed dramatically after he won the award. Prior to that, no one recognized him or even gave him a second look as he cycled the streets of Beijing.
     Now there are young girls chasing him to take pictures and ask for autographs. "I realize now I am a celebrity."
    "The award goes to a writer, not a country, but I believe my award will arouse interest in literature in China, " Mo said.Constant media attention can be a huge drawback, he said.
    Journalists camp outside his house, he said, and his wife has to invite them in for dumplings.
   "My father always said that Mo Yan is the son of a farmer. That will not change just by winning the Noble Prize. I am amused that people chase me for my signature. I am a humble person," he said.
   His works, he said, do not have a single theme and change is important in his writing as it is for all writers.
  "Seeking change is the pursuit of artistic creation, and it is also about thoughts generated from a changing world. There is no writer who does not change."
(275)

[Time5]Michelle Obama 'begged ITV bosses' for Downton Abbey DVDs

The reelection is won, so it's no wonder Michelle Obama is looking for some relaxing entertainment to get through those four more years.
And the first lady of the United States is turning to British television to get her quick fix.
It has been reported that Michelle Obama is such a big fan of hit show Downton Abbey, that she turned to ITV bosses to try and get her hands on season three, ahead of its official US release date.
     The Sun reports that the first lady and the president are both massive fans of the hit drama, and didn't want to wait until the series returned on US television on January 6.
     Michelle reportedly contacted ITV to ask to send her a few DVDs with new episodes, which they did, making sure the couple can cuddle up on the sofa to see the latest developments in Downton, in between running the country of course.
A source at ITV tells the newspaper: 'We'd heard the Obamas liked to watch it but we were very surprised when someone from the First Lady's office got in touch asking for the series.'
    'They were very polite and we were more than happy to sort out some DVDs to send over.'
However, ITV said they hoped the Obamas could keep a secret and not spoil the big finale for the rest of the overseas fans.
The source continued: 'Obviously, we hope they keep the spoilers to themselves as our US fans may not know about ... well, you know what!'
The costume drama is very popular across the world and the audience loves how quintessentially British the show is.
     But the President is such a fan, he even invited Downton stars Hugh Bonneville and Elizabeth McGovern - the Earl and Countess of Grantham - to his White House dinner for David Cameron in March.
     Meanwhile, British actor Damien Lewis recently revealed that the President is also an avid fan of his show Homeland, and had also requested a signed DVD box of the American spy series.
(342)
OBSTRACLE
Kate hoax call: London hospital protests to radio network

The London hospital which employed a nurse caught up in a hoax call about details of the Duchess of Cambridge has protested to the Australian network which broadcast the conversation.
      The chairman of King Edward VII Hospital wrote to Southern Cross Austereo a day after Jacintha Saldanha, 46, apparently killed herself.
      Lord Glenarthur said the consequences of the "ill-considered actions" were "frankly, tragic beyond words".
     The show has been taken off-air.
     The Sydney station, 2Day FM, is owned by Southern Cross Austereo. It has suspended all advertising.Glenarthur wrote to the chairman of Southern Cross Austereo, Max Moore-Wilson, on Saturday, about the call made on Tuesday while the duchess was being treated for acute morning sickness.The DJs, Mel Greig and Michael Christian, impersonated the Queen and the Prince of Wales, and their call was put through by duty nurse Mrs Saldanha to the duchess' nurse who then unwittingly revealed details of the pregnant duchess's medical condition.The call was recorded before being assessed by the station's lawyers and then broadcast.
    "King Edward VII's Hospital cares for sick people, and it was extremely foolish of your presenters even to consider trying to lie their way through to one of our patients, let alone actually make the call," Lord Glenarthur wrote.
   'Humiliation of nurses'
   "Then to discover that, not only had this happened, but that the call had been pre-recorded and the decision to transmit approved by your station's management, was truly appalling."Lord Glenarthur added: "The immediate consequence of these premeditated and ill-considered actions was the humiliation of two dedicated and caring nurses who were simply doing their job tending to their patients."The longer term consequence has been reported around the world and is, frankly, tragic beyond words."I appreciate that you cannot undo the damage which has been done but I would urge you to take steps to ensure that such an incident could never be repeated."
    The BBC understands Mrs Saldanha had not been suspended or disciplined by the hospital.Earlier on Saturday, the company's chief executive, Rhys Holleran, said the DJs were "completely shattered" by the death.
Australian media watchdog, Australian Communications and Media Authority, has received complaints about the hoax call even before the death, and more afterwards. Mrs Saldanha's body was found at accommodation near the hospital. Her husband and two children in Bristol were said to be being comforted by family and friends.A friend at the address said they were "very, very shocked and unhappy at the tragedy".A bouquet of flowers was propped up against iron gates at the house.
    'Serious consequences'
    Strong criticism has also come from nursing groups, both in the UK and Australia.The Royal College of Nursing chief executive Dr Peter Carter said: "It is deeply saddening that a simple human error due to a cruel hoax could lead to the death of a dedicated and caring member of the nursing profession."The New South Wales Nurses and Midwives' Association said it has written to the general manager of 2Day FM, Jeremy Simpson, even before the death, explaining the "very serious professional consequences" if it had happened to a nurse in Australia.Association general secretary Brett Holmes said the nurses involved could potentially have had to go through three separate disciplinary processes, including those conducted by their employer and other inquiries conducted by the regulating authority and the Health Care Complaints Commission.He described these processes as "stressful and deeply traumatic experiences for many nurses and midwives, regardless of the level of wrongdoing".He said he hoped the station "has undertaken to never again attempt to jeopardise their professional standing by perpetrating such a deception against another hardworking nurse or midwife".
(615)

收藏收藏 收藏收藏
沙发
发表于 2012-12-8 23:34:54 | 只看该作者
sofa~~~~~~~~~~~
————————

速度:
1'18      1'12       2'23      1'23      2'15

我也是唐家屯粉啊啊啊啊~~~好大表哥的同学可以看看08年BBC的迷你剧《理智与情感》(顺带推荐简奥斯汀哈哈~),我就是那部剧迷上小丹丹的,那时青涩无敌啊!那时的大表哥木有双下巴啊!!!

话说我真心觉得英剧,特别是古典英剧忒好看忒好看,现代英剧经常会腐……
像大火的《神探夏洛克》,我自己很喜欢的《圣殿春秋》,经典的《故园风雨后》啊啊~~~都好好看!

越障:4'20
(唉……皇室那点事……)
板凳
发表于 2012-12-8 23:36:12 | 只看该作者
叮!谢谢!!
速度
2:08
The water was simply the container for an act of loving-kindness and nothing could be sweeter.
1:26
A turkish man becomes first in country to take his wife's sruname to be able to get ahead in life.
3:27
Youth is a wonderful thing.
It is a bitter sorrow and regret of ..., of ..., of...
1:45
Mo Yan is now a target for young female autograph hunters.
I believe my award will arouse interest in literature in China.
2:42
The first lady of the US is looking for some relaxing entertainment to get through those four more years.
越障
6:03
地板
 楼主| 发表于 2012-12-8 23:38:13 | 只看该作者
哎呀 我又忘了战沙发!
5#
发表于 2012-12-8 23:48:07 | 只看该作者
占!
明天中午来交作业!平时一直放在晚上,明天正好换个时间做
【艾玛居然看到了唐顿!!

——————————————————————作业的分割线————————————————————————————

Speed
01'17
01'06
02'40
01'30
01'54
Obstacle
04'02
Main Idea: Tragedy beyond word and comments from the society
Structure:
>>>News:
Dedicating nurse suisided because of a hoax to know about Kate's pregnancy
>>>Details: Two DJs from an Australian radio network made a prank call to get info about Kate's pregnancy, impersonating the queen and the prince Charcles. They pre-recorded the call and broadcast it to the world. Two nurses leaked out the secret info and one commit suiside after realizing what happened.
People criticized the DJs and the radio station for doing that. And the DJs were punished.
>>>Comments: It was a humiliation on the nurses and a tragedy beyond word. More protection and action must be taken to make sure things like this never repeat.
6#
 楼主| 发表于 2012-12-8 23:52:23 | 只看该作者
占!
明天中午来交作业!平时一直放在晚上,明天正好换个时间做
【艾玛居然看到了唐顿!!
-- by 会员 枣糕兔 (2012/12/8 23:48:07)

大表哥的嘛!
7#
发表于 2012-12-9 01:24:39 | 只看该作者
看了Elen前言写的阅读预报,很有意思呢, 又有帅哥又有美女。。。先占座,然后来拜读。

Speed: 2'02, 1'07, 2'45, 1'53, 1'57

Obstacle: 4'28
A premeditated and ill-considered hoax call from an Australian radio station looking for Kate's (English Duchess) medical condition in London hospital turned out to be a tragedy: the nurse, Mrs. S. caught up in the deception killed herself after the recorded conversation was broadcasted by the station. The London hospital as well as the nursing groups in UK and Australia has protested to Australian network for the humiliation of nurses who are dedicated and caring their patients and for the serious professional consequences.
8#
发表于 2012-12-9 01:52:33 | 只看该作者
1:31
1:13
2:45
1:18
1:37
4:10 讲了一个英国护士因为hoax call自杀,然后舆论的评论。
9#
发表于 2012-12-9 09:58:18 | 只看该作者
谢谢Elen,辛苦啦~

我的娘啊,欠了好多作业了。
10#
发表于 2012-12-9 11:54:58 | 只看该作者
1'19
1'08(改名神马的好萌……)
2'33
1'20
1'51(唐家屯真受欢迎

越障3'46
突发性总结无能……我先蹲会儿墙角去
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-20 03:40
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部