12下一页
返回列表 发新帖
查看: 4504|回复: 18

[阅读小分队] 【每日阅读训练第四期——速度越障8系列】【8-15】文史哲

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-10-7 03:53:46 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
连载二
Speed 1
Even when we were just starting out and on a very tight budget, she insisted that we drive the fifty miles to the "big city" where Frigidaire appliances were sold, simply because no dealer in our small university town carried them at that time. This was a matter of considerable agitation to me. Fortunately, the situation came up only when we purchased an appliance. But when it did come up, it was like a stimulus that triggered off a hot button response. This single issue seemed to be symbolic of all irrational thinking, and it generated a whole range of negative feelings within me. I usually resorted to my dysfunctional private behavior. I suppose I figured that the only way I could deal with it was not to deal with it; otherwise, I felt I would lose control and say things I shouldn't say. There were times when I did slip and say something negative, and I had to go back and apologize. What bothered me the most was not that she liked Frigidaire, but that she persisted in making what I considered utterly illogical and indefensible statements to defend Frigidaire which had no basis in fact whatsoever. If she had only agreed that her response was irrational and purely emotional, I think I could have handled it. But her justification was upsetting. It was sometime in early spring when the Frigidaire issue came up. All our prior communication had prepared us. The ground rules had been deeply established not to probe and to leave it alone if it got to be too painful for either or both.
[268]

Speed 2
I will never forget the day we talked it through. We didn't end up on the beach that day; we just continued to ride through the canefields, perhaps because we didn't want to look each other in the eye. There had been so much psychic history and so many bad feelings associated with the issue, and it had been submerged for so long. It had never been so critical as to rupture the relationship, but when you're trying to cultivate a beautiful unified relationship, any divisive issue is important. Sandra and I were amazed at what we learned through the interaction. It was truly synergistic. It was as if Sandra were learning, almost for the first time herself, the reason for her so called hang up. She started to talk about her father, about how he had worked as a high school history teacher and coach for years, and how, to help make ends meet, he had gone into the appliance business. During an economic downturn, he had experienced serious financial difficulties, and the only thing that enabled him to stay in business during that time was the fact that Frigidaire would finance his inventory. Sandra had an unusually deep and sweet relationship with her father. When he returned home at the end of a very tiring day, he would lie on the couch, and Sandra would rub his feet and sing to him.
[234]

Speed 3
It was a beautiful time they enjoyed together almost daily for years. He would also open up and talk through his worries and concerns about the business, and he shared with Sandra his deep appreciation for Frigidaire financing his inventory so that he could make it through the difficult times. This communication between father and daughter had taken place in a spontaneous way during very natural time, when the most powerful kind of scripting takes place. During those relaxed times guards are down and all kinds of images and thoughts are planted deep in the subconscious mind. Perhaps Sandra had forgotten about all of this until the safety of that year of communication when it could come out also in very natural and spontaneous ways. Sandra gained tremendous insight into herself and into the emotional root of her feelings about Frigidaire. I also gained insight and a whole new level of respect. I came to realize that Sandra wasn't talking about appliances; she was talking about her father, and about loyalty to his needs. I remember both of us becoming tearful on that day, not so much because of the insights, but because of the increased sense of reverence we had for each other. We discovered that even seemingly trivial things often have roots in deep emotional experiences. To deal only with the superficial trivial without seeing the deeper, more tender issues is to trample on the sacred ground of another's heart. There were many rich fruits of those months. Our communication became so powerful that we could almost instantly connect with each other's thoughts.
[265]

Speed 4
When we left Hawaii, we resolved to continue the practice. During the many years since, we have continued to go regularly on our Honda trail cycle, or in the car if the weather's bad, just to talk. We feel the key to staying in love is to talk, particularly about feelings. We try to communicate with each other several times every day, even when I'm traveling. It's like touching in to home base, which accesses all the happiness, security, and values it represents. Thomas Wolfe was wrong. You can go home again if your home is a treasured relationship, a precious companionship. Inside Out Again The Lord works from the inside out. The world works from the outside in. The world would take people out of the slums. Christ takes the slums out of people, and then they take themselves out of the slums. The world would mold men by changing their environment. Christ changes men, who then change their environment. The world would shape human behavior, but Christ can change human nature.
[173连载完]

Speed 5
Two men have been banned for life from an all-you-can-eat restaurant after their appetites left the manager fearing for the future of his business. George Dalmon, a former rugby player, and his friend Andy Miles were banned from all-you-can-eat restaurant, Gobi, In Brighton, after the manager branded them "a couple of pigs". The men would each eat five bowls of stir-fry during their regular meals at the Mongolian barbecue, which invites guests to create their own dishes from the buffet. Diners are told they can request meals "as many times as you wish" for £12.The manager, who did not want to be named, said the two friends were eating him out of business. He said: "Basically they just come in and pig out. We have put up with them for two years but I've had enough.
"They are in such a hurry to beat everyone to the food they spoil everything. We are supposed to be a buffet but they eat everything out of the bowls before people can get there. We just can't keep doing this."He said diners drank only water and never paid the optional service charge. He added: "We are not a charity, we're a business. It's our restaurant and we can tell people not to come back if we don't want them to."But Mr Dalmon, 26, said the restaurant should honour its promotion. He said: "They've only got small bowls and you can't get enough in there so we always go back for more."We've been eating there for a couple of years then suddenly the owner came to our table in front of all the customers and went absolutely mental. He said we were a couple of pigs and we were banned for life. I couldn't believe it."
[292]

Obstacle
Factory Girls
Cultural technology and the making of K-pop
[attachimg=465,327]107497[/attachimg]

It was five o’clock on a Sunday in May, two hours before showtime, but already thousands of K-pop fans had flooded the concrete playa outside the Honda Center, a large arena in Anaheim, California. Tonight’s performers were among the biggest pop groups in South Korea—SHINee, f(x), Super Junior, EXO, TVXQ!, and Girls’ Generation. In the United States, Korean pop music exists almost exclusively on YouTube, in videos like “Gangnam Style,” by Park Jae-sang, the rapper known as PSY, which recently went viral. The Honda Center show was a rare chance for K-pop fans to see the “idols,” as the performers are called, in the flesh.
K-pop is an East-West mash-up. The performers are mostly Korean, and their mesmerizing synchronized dance moves, accompanied by a complex telegraphy of winks and hand gestures, have an Asian flavor, but the music sounds Western: hip-hop verses, Euro-pop choruses, rapping, and dubstep breaks. K-pop has become a fixture of pop charts not only in Korea but throughout Asia, including Japan—the world’s second-biggest music market, after the U.S.—and Taiwan, Singapore, the Philippines, Hong Kong, Thailand, Vietnam, and Malaysia. South Korea, a country of less than fifty million, somehow figured out how to make pop hits for more than a billion and a half other Asians, contributing two billion dollars a year to Korea’s economy, according to the BBC. K-pop concerts in Hong Kong and on mainland China are already lucrative, and no country is better positioned to sell recorded music in China, a potentially enormous market, should its endemic piracy be stamped out. Yet, despite K-pop’s prominence in Asia, until recently few in the United States had heard of it. SMTown World Tour III, named for S.M. Entertainment, the Korean music company that is sponsoring the global tour, is hoping to change things, through a unique system of “cultural technology.”
Outside the arena, clusters of fans were enacting dance covers: copies of their favorite idol groups’ moves. (PSY’s horse-riding dance, from “Gangnam Style,” may be the Macarena of the moment.) People carried light sticks and bunches of balloons, whose colors signified allegiance to one or another idol group. The crowd was older than I’d expected, and the ambience felt more like a video-game convention than like a pop concert. About three out of four people were Asian-American, but there were also Caucasians of all ages, and a number of black women.
Standing beside me was Jon Toth, a twenty-nine-year-old white guy, a computer scientist who had driven twelve hours straight from New Mexico. Toth is a fan of Girls’ Generation, a nine-member girl group in the process of recording its American début album, with Interscope Records. At the time he stumbled across the Girls, on YouTube, Toth was an alt-rock guy; he loved Weezer. “I was definitely not the kind of guy you’d expect to get into a nine-girl Asian group,” he told me. But before long Toth was studying Korean, in order to understand the lyrics and also Korean TV shows. Then he started cooking Korean food. Eventually, he travelled all the way to Seoul, where, for the first time, he was able to see the Girls—Tiffany, Sooyoung, Jessica, Taeyeon, Sunny, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Yoona, and Seohyun—perform live. It was a life-changing experience.
“You think you love them, but then you see Tiffany point directly at you and wink, and everything else that exists in the world just disappears,” Toth wrote on Soshified, a Girls’ fan site. “You think you love them, but then you see Sooyoung look you dead in the eye and say in English, ‘Thank you for coming.’ ” Toth concluded, “I might not know how much I love these girls.”
I had arranged to meet Toth because somewhere between my tenth viewing of the Girls’ video “Mr. Taxi” and my twentieth click on “Gee” it occurred to me that I might not know how much I loved these girls, either. “Listen, boy,” Tiffany coos at the outset of “Gee.” “It’s my first love story.” And then she tilts her head to the side and flashes her eye smile—the precise crinkle in the outer corner that texts her love straight 2U. Why was watching “Mr. Taxi” such pure audiovisual pleasure? Why did my body feel lighter in the chair? It wasn’t the music—bright, candy-cane-sweet sounds, like aural Day-Glo—and, while the dancing was wonderfully precise, the choreography had a schematic quality.
“They look like cheerleaders,” my twenty-one-year-old niece hissed over my shoulder one day as I was watching “Gee” again. “Uncle Pervy!”
No, it was nothing like that. For pervy, try the J-pop group AKB48, a Japanese girl ensemble, with scores of members, who, affecting a schoolgirls-in-lingerie look in their video “Heavy Rotation,” pillow-fight, kiss, and share heart-shaped cookies mouth to mouth. Girls’ Generation is a group of preppy-looking young women in skinny trousers. When they wear hot pants, it’s to display the gams, not the glutes.
“They take the love the fans feel for them, and they return it to the fans,” Toth told me. “When you see them onstage, it’s like they’ve come to see you.”
I must have looked skeptical.
“Just wait,” he said. “You’ll see.”
“Hallyu” is the term that Asians use to describe the tsunami of South Korean culture that began flooding their countries at the turn of the twenty-first century. Korean TV dramas and, to a lesser extent, Korean films have, along with Korean pop music, become staples in markets formerly dominated by Japan and Hong Kong. According to the pop-culture scholar Sung Sang-yeon, Korean TV producers established themselves during the Asian economic crisis of the late nineties, offering programming that was cheaper than the shows being made in Japan and Hong Kong and of higher quality than most other Asian countries could produce themselves. While the Korean singers and actors are young and the settings are often contemporary, their themes embody traditional values of family, friendship, and romantic love.
[990]

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
发表于 2012-10-7 08:27:50 | 显示全部楼层
1’11”
58”
1’18”
50”
1’27”
5’13”
发表于 2012-10-7 08:42:15 | 显示全部楼层
ding~~
发表于 2012-10-7 11:33:02 | 显示全部楼层
THANKS A LOT

发表于 2012-10-7 11:54:27 | 显示全部楼层
做阅读这功夫,成功的把床单洗成了粉红色。

1'25 184 5
1'16 187 5
1'25 184 5
57" 180 4
a couple settle down their conflict by talking.

1'41" 174 5
A piece of news i've heard about.

5'39 174 4
Hallyu dominates the world...
发表于 2012-10-7 12:56:57 | 显示全部楼层
发表于 2012-10-7 13:33:23 | 显示全部楼层
thanks~
speed
1 01:42
2 02:03
3 02:09
4 01:41
5 03:00
obstacle
10:38
1/there is a korean pop groups performance。
2/a introduction of pop group:
  they are almost korean. they are famous for the dance move which has Asian flavor gesture and western music.
  it is popular through asia and  korea with 55 million population attracted 1.5 billion people in asia.
  it contributes 2 billion dollars to their economy.
  it is extremely popular in china and the SM company want to make it popular in america.
3/the fans enacted dance covers.
  three-forth the fans are asian-america and some fans are caucasion and black women.
4/JJ studied the korean,cooked korean dishes,travel to korea and watch the live show.
   the live show make him love the girls.
   what attract the audience somuch?
5/korean developed the culture industry after the asian economic crisis and made it through cheaper price and higher quality.
   they advertise their traditional value.
文章框架:表演-->介绍韩流(歌舞特点,亚洲流行程度)-->观众构成,某个观众特别介绍-->为什么这么吸引人
                -->韩国电视剧,流行歌手发展历史
貌似细节记得太多了~
发表于 2012-10-7 14:41:56 | 显示全部楼层
做阅读这功夫,成功的把床单洗成了粉红色。
-- by 会员 peill (2012/10/7 11:54:27)

我们家的钟点工阿姨曾经成功地把我们的白衣裤都洗成粉红色,让我想起了friends里面的Rachel那一段
发表于 2012-10-7 17:28:01 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢Cleotina分享,辛苦了!

速度:2:10, 1:43, 2:12, 1:13, 2:12
越障:未计时,边看边记的。

1, G-style flourish on youtube, H-center offer opportunity for ... groups,
2, K-pop features, throughout Asia, 2 billion $ /y for SK, China market, Yet, until recently few Americans heard of, SM firm hopes to change through "culture tech"
3, Audience interviews
4, How these K girls allure...
5, Why K-p succeed? Sung SY: cheaper programme, higher quality, young singers and actors, contemporary settings.
发表于 2012-10-7 19:56:01 | 显示全部楼层
是不是因为连载的。。我怎么看练速度的文章很晕乎?
= == =
这是在宣传棒子的歌舞团么= =
===========
5    2012/10/7    8-15文史哲    速度1    268    2:28
                                            速度2    234    1:20
                                            速度3    265    1:13
                                            速度4    173    0:49
                                            速度5    292    1:12
                                            越障1    990    3:43
棒子盛产各种明星组合有木有---这帮团队很赚钱有木有,世界吃香有木有,中国大陆很着迷有木有---这帮明星为毛吸引人--来了个留学生脑残粉采访有木有,还love story----棒子的光辉发展史,各种拍片各种年轻人曝光,便宜好说话有木有
=====
泥煤。我对棒子和棍子没兴趣啊- -##尤其是这些明星。。这文章貌似没什么舆论导向。。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-3-29 17:17
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部