搜索
返回列表 发新帖
楼主: sdcar2010
打印 上一主题 下一主题

SDCAR2010【逻辑入门】(十一)Parallel reasoning

[精华] [复制链接]
11#
发表于 2011-7-23 15:34:05 | 只看该作者
I'm takes 5 days in sdcar2010's CR. Before that, my first simulative exam is 430. But today, i can get all right answers above. I'm can't thx more to scar2010.
12#
发表于 2011-7-23 15:47:47 | 只看该作者
My problem is how can I enhance my speed now?
13#
发表于 2011-7-23 17:46:08 | 只看该作者
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
14#
发表于 2011-10-25 11:30:47 | 只看该作者
4. Strategists predict that an armed civil conflict will occur if the dissemination of separatist propaganda continues or if oppressed religious groups are not given more freedom. But the liberation of oppressed religious groups would lead to the continued dissemination of separatist propaganda. Therefore, armed civil conflict is inevitable.

The pattern of reasoning in which one of the following is most similar to that in the argument above?
(A) Pollution will increase if the cost of energy consumption does not increase or if we do not become more energy-efficient. But we will achieve greater energy efficiency if the cost of energy consumption does increase. Therefore, pollution will not increase.
(B) If alumni contributions remain at their current level or if we fail to recruit top talent, then the basketball team’s record will most likely worsen. But we will fail to recruit top talent. Therefore, the basketball team’s record will most likely worsen.
(C) If the automation of tasks increases or worker satisfaction does not decline, then productivity at the factory will rise. But if there is a decline in worker satisfaction, that will lead to the automation of more tasks. Therefore, productivity at the factory will rise.
(D) If the dissemination of separatist propaganda continues or if media censorship is not relaxed, the frequency of political protests will increase. But the threat of trade embargoes ensures both that such dissemination will not continue and that media censorship will be relaxed. Thus, the frequency of political protests will not increase.
(E) If authoritarian regimes are not weakened and religious freedoms are not expanded, then living conditions will continue to stagnate. But due to a lack of international political will, authoritarian regimes will certainly maintain their strength and religious freedoms will not expand. Thus, living conditions will continue to stagnate.

This is a formal logic type of reasoning. The logic is: If A or if B, then C. However, if no B, then A. Thus, always C no matter what happens.
A) If A or if B, then C. However, if no A, then no B. Thus, no C. Wrong.
B) If A or if B, then C. However, B is what we got. Thus, C. Wrong.
C) If A or if B, then C. However, if no B, then A. Thus, C is what we got. Correct.
D) If A or if B, then C. However, D ensures no A and no B. Thus, no C. Wrong.
E) If A and if B, then C. However, if D, then no A but B is there. Thus, C. Wrong.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For B), "B is what we got"  what does it mean? I choose B since i think that its logic chain is pretty fit for the "If A or if B, then C. However, if no B, then A."  Could u explain it to me, please?
15#
发表于 2011-10-31 11:11:05 | 只看该作者
up
16#
发表于 2011-11-27 16:16:32 | 只看该作者
关于negative vs. positive:
An answer that says “Joey is unlikely to cook hot dogs, unless Micah does not cook hot dogs” would be wrong because it went from “B” to “not B”, while our original example went from “B” to “B”.
为什么going from “not B” to “B”, on the other hand, would be fine?

求指导~
17#
发表于 2012-2-26 22:06:58 | 只看该作者
Great thanks to SDCAR, really fantastic and helpful series!
18#
 楼主| 发表于 2012-2-27 02:19:20 | 只看该作者
关于negative vs. positive:
An answer that says “Joey is unlikely to cook hot dogs, unless Micah does not cook hot dogs” would be wrong because it went from “B” to “not B”, while our original example went from “B” to “B”.
为什么going from “not B” to “B”, on the other hand, would be fine?

求指导~
-- by 会员 情未浓 (2011/11/27 16:16:32)

For this one, what I meant is that:
If the orginal statement goes from B to not B, then an answer choice going from not B to B would be fine.
19#
发表于 2012-3-1 17:03:49 | 只看该作者
very impressive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
thx a lot!!!!!
20#
发表于 2012-3-18 22:49:10 | 只看该作者
我一篇篇跟上课似的追着看  越看越体力不支了囧
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-5-13 03:29
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部